#1 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:17 PM

What a great episode!
Forkollossus made some funny jokes about Kid Muscle having a baby wearing dipers as a managaer and almost had Kid fooled into thinking that he wasnt that bad of a guy, just a wrestler like Kid. Kid fought one good match and crushed the crap out of Forkollossus in the end. Checkmate was at ringside trying to ignore the dungeon master looking guy eating candy apples. Checkmate got himself involved by giving Kid Muscle inspiration and telling him about Honor. In the end of the episode there was a good leason about Honor in the ring. Kid Muscle let his Ultimate Muscle shine through to end the episode and we had a quik peek at his next competetor and now Im geeking out for next Satuday morning...
When the hell will FoxBox start playing two episodes again?

#2 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:22 PM

probably never, sadly. todays episode did kick arse, MUSCLE MILLENIUM!
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:42 PM

I thought this week's episode was a great. It was cool to see the Ninja appear at then end. Plus, I noticed that Kinnikuman Soldier was called Sgt. Kinnikuman instead of Sgt. Muscle. Nice to see Checkmate, again. He is the best villian. I hope he stays evil. The Kid's new finisher is ok, but, it isn't as dramatic looking as the Kinniku Buster.

Knuxman, that guitar playing dog in your sig cracks me up!

#4 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:05 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble rock, but im about 99 percent sure he becomes a good guy.... if you look at the toei website it has pictures of him fighting with Kid muscle and friends.

#5 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:07 PM

its k.k. slider from animal crossing for gamecube.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#6 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:13 PM

I'm glad they got rid of the Kinnikubuster, it was soooo stupid right from the very first episode. Okay, maybe it works in a padded ring, but if you jump 50 feet into the air and land on your arse, the only thing you're going to break is your arse! Way to hurt your opponent... not! No wonder Kid farts so much.

Oh, and I really wish the show was animated so Minch could actually eat the apple instead of just licking it.

Here's hoping for a figure of the transformed "Forka." You know that Forka's one bad mutha...

#7 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:37 PM

Here a few of my thoughts

first off Forkollossus did this in last weeks episode but they showed it again in this episode he did a 630 senton (nothing monumental in the MUSCLE league but if someone can pull that off in real life thats an awsome move) and i never seen it done in real life

alot of us always talked about doing that move in wrestling school (never happen or tried lol)

as for the Kinnikubuster that is a move i seen done in real life
i have done that move in wrestling class before
(not exactlly like the cartoon were i throw the guy in the air 200 feet then catch him lol)
but the same principal and positioning just get him up there and sit out

of course i cant do it to everybody only lightweights lol
but the Kinnikubuster is an awsome move
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#8 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:45 PM

it was a great episode. Good to see check mate for my first time (other than toys). I liked how Checkmate started getting annoyed from the little green guy, from licking the apple.

Posted Image

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:52 PM

(Boaconda, if your post was meant to be comical, it helps to put a smiley ;) or :p at the end of the line, so that it is not misinterpreted as running smack - Johnny)

I liked this episode as well. A lot more interesting than the last few episodes of that stretched-on Eskara saga. Checkmate's appearance was nice too. And Forkolossus did make a good point about all those bad guys Kid Muscle fought...trust me, I'd know... ;)

-Boaconda

(re-edited 3/31/03 -Johnny)

#10 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:55 PM

I liked that too, when he was talking about the other guys. Saying that Checkmate had 8 little pawns at home, and Eskara....well he has no family.

Posted Image

#11 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 05:13 PM

well, i don't really watch UM, as I do not have cable. I caught the last 15 minutes of today's episode, though, cause I'm at my parent's house. I thought this was a MUCH better episode than what I saw the last time I watched. It was cool with the Ninja at the end and Checkmate is an ill character. I was surprised to hear the name Sgt. Kinnikuman, too.

K.K. Slider is the best character in the game...just thought I'd add that
Posted Image

#12 Rhandi Mask

Rhandi Mask

The cute wrestler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 05:45 PM

Oh, man... The Tusket women's song-and-dance routine had me rollin'. Just out of the blue like that. Jeezus... :p

But it was a bit of a surprise to see the Ninja at the end, flat-screen TV comments and all. I was a little disappointed that they still kept the sergeant title in for Kinnikuman Soldier, almost as if they couldn't make up their mind as to what name to use. Can't complain too much, though. This week's episode was great.
Posted Image

The Pride of Life - Give a roar!

#13 Ms. KinnikuFan

Ms. KinnikuFan

Oh, who the hell cares?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 07:31 PM

I was dissapointed to learn that Wally's sister's name was "Doreathy" I always called her "Mollie" Mollie Whuppie Tusket. At least I can still pretend Wally 's mom name is "Maeve". And did the the line"Lose the lavander from your lips" comment raise anybody
else eyebrows.
BTW Rhandi Mask, where did you ever get that lovely avatar?
Aw hell, I can't think of a good signature!

#14 kinder muscle

kinder muscle

Decepticon.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 07:56 PM

i loved todays episode 8 little pawns lol triped me from the hindqaurters lol anyways i wasint paying much attention to the end but i thought that was broken man..man that would be sweet anyways funny as hell when wallys mom and sister sang cool to see checkmate again
Of all the things I've lost I think I miss my mind the most.

#15 Rhandi Mask

Rhandi Mask

The cute wrestler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:00 PM

BTW Rhandi Mask, where did you ever get that lovely avatar?

I found this beauty on a Japanese Gen-EX site. You can find it here. Can't make out it's name, but there's a fair amount of fan art of the Gen-EXers, plus links to shrines at the bottom of the main page. Just click on whichever of the J/S/C/D/Ex buttons and you'll find some nice stuff.
Posted Image

#16 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:18 PM

Oh, man... The Tusket women's song-and-dance routine had me rollin'. Just out of the blue like that. Jeezus... :p

That song made me bust out laughing, too!! I loved it.

As far as a finisher I dig the Kinniku Buster more than the new finisher only because it looked more dramatic. Both guys flying up into the air 200 feet then coming back down in slowmotion and the "atomic bomb" impact upon contact with the ring. The new one just seems shorter, less dramatic and not as impressive. And it looks like it would hurt less than the Kinniku Buster.

Too bad Checkmate turns good. He should always be one serious arse kickin' bad guy.

It does seem that the writers don't know if they want Kinnikuman Soldier to be Sgt. Muscle or Sgt. Kinnikuman. Obviously, I prefer Sgt. Kinnikuman.

#17 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

I personally didnt really like the song...but I was only half paying attention to it. The only thing I like about his new finisher is that it leaves MEGA rope burns on the opponent. But I prefer the K.B. over the other one.

Posted Image

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:37 PM

"mother forker!!!"
just kidding. i missed today's episode. i just can't wait for hanzo to show up.

#19 Rhandi Mask

Rhandi Mask

The cute wrestler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:38 PM

It does seem that the writers don't know if they want Kinnikuman Soldier to be Sgt. Muscle or Sgt. Kinnikuman. Obviously, I prefer Sgt. Kinnikuman.

In this case, I think Sgt. Kinnikuman would work better, simply because it would make him come across as a more important figure. I mean, with all that talk about the Flex Soldiers, sticking with 'Kinnikuman Soldier' makes it seem as if he'd be associated with them. Even so, most of me would prefer his original name.

Muscle Millenium definitely has more of an impact than the Kinniku-Buster, but I'd imagine it'd get old pretty quickly. I mean, Mantaro lauches the opponent in the air, slingshots, catches his opponent and mashes him on the ropes. Match won, day saved... The aftermath of it just leaves me in awe, even though there's no way anyone could generate enough speed to pull it off just by running (at human speed) from one side of a ring to the other... But that's what makes things like this work, characters pulling off superhuman feats and whatnot. Just makes me like it even more. :lol:
Posted Image

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:44 PM

kid muscle should throw dragon suplexes. and brainbusters.
a pump handle belly to belly brainbuster!!!
yeah!
:lol:

#21 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 08:47 PM

@rhandi mask, well they are super hero's you know, well at least G1 was...
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#22 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 09:03 PM

Well remember that he had his Ultimate Muscle when he did that.

Posted Image

#23 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 09:08 PM

Next week, he will be called by his full name: Sergeant Kinnikuman Muscle Man Soldier Guy Who Is In The Army If I'm Not Mistaken, Sir. And from then on just 'Lyle.'

#24 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:06 PM

Next week, he will be called by his full name: Sergeant Kinnikuman Muscle Man Soldier Guy Who Is In The Army If I'm Not Mistaken, Sir. And from then on just 'Lyle.'

:lol: I like it! From now on Kinnikuman Soldier will always be "Lyle" to me.

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:39 PM

Here's hoping for a figure of the transformed "Forka." You know that Forka's one bad mutha...

Appliance Man, Shut Yo' Mouth!

He's a Bad Mother F...
Shut Yo' Mouth!

*Jkaris slaps Boaconda via Misinterprited Pop Culture Reference

;)

-The Orgg.
:blink:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com