#1 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 09:45 PM

HOLY SH!T!!! :o

The purple hand on ebay is up to an astounding $150.00!!!

Good Lord Doc Moore!!! ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 09:57 PM

Dude, the powers of a healthy bid are coming to light...
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#3 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:01 PM

This is effing nuts, I've never seen a regular figure do this!!!

What the hell is this M.U.S.C.L.E. world coming to!

I'm kidding of coarse, but this is crazy!

We might as well kiss Doc's arse goodbye, his wife is going to kill him. Bye, bye nuts in a vice. Sh!t !!! ^_^

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:14 PM

THIS IS GOING FOR MORE THAN THE BLACK HOLE SUNSHINE, SPINNING HEAD ASHURA MAN, OR X-2!!

The MUSCLE world is going crazy lately.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:18 PM

I just can't believe it! ^_^

If Doc Moore gets out of this one alive, he should change his name to Doc Poore! :o

Jusk kidding buddy, but seriously, the price is nuts!!!

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:23 PM

Un-effing-believable.

To each his own, but really, I think you're nuts.

So is Beneblanco.

#7 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:25 PM

INSANE!!! ^_^ :o B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:28 PM

AND....it's coming out of the package....
Truth is, it IS the only purple hand anyone has seen to date.....YET anyways.

Chew on that y'all.

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:38 PM

We need to save the html, coding, etc. from the auction right after it ends, and reproduce it as "The MUSCLE Archives." Like a Guinness World record, or something.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:40 PM

Guiness Record for most money ever spent on a regular friggin figure!!!

I'm blown away!!! ^_^

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#11 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 11:59 PM

i could not find it?
can someone plz send me the link

thanx

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#12 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 09 September 2002 - 04:18 AM

holy crap, who are these other two people, beneblanco and yapie1 that are bidding so high on these auctions, ive never even seen them before except for beneblanco on the other hand auction that doc won. I thought the colored hand phenomenon was kind of isolated to the people on this board. Unless ebay starts spitting out a whole bunch of colored hands i can forget about buying one cause theres no way in hell im spending that kind of dough on one figure. I wonder if i put up for auction my 7 colors of hands (including flesh) what it would go for, not that i would ever do that, but now would be the time.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#13 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 09 September 2002 - 06:12 AM

152.50 well Dang. 19.06 per figure.

beneblanco and yapie1 could be the same person. Beneblanco id could be to see the range of what the highest bid is. Yapie1 could be for the actul winning bid.

I bid on a muscle comichara set once and there was a guy who bid higher then me and then pulled his bid then bid again to make my bid go to its max. Watch out for people who seem to be bumping the price higher just to get it higher.

so be weary of auctions bid on by beneblanco and yapie1.

There are loop holes to every system including ebay.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#14 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 06:20 AM

I would have never thought that MUSCLE collecting would get this way. People are spending ungodly amounts of money for these figures... and with Kinnikuman coming, it may get even more crazy.

Part of the appeal of MUSCLE collecting for me back in the day was that it wasn't like other collecting, like vintage 3-3/4" Star Wars, where some figures are worth multiple hundreds of dollars. In order to get a complete Star Wars collection, you have to pay $150 for a Yakface, $100 for Luke Stormtrooper, etc. What I liked about MUSCLEs was that all the figures were pretty much worth the same, so I could get a complete collection as well as cool multi-colored figures through trading (which took more in the way of effort than money). But then the EXPENSIVE figures started showing up... first it was Satan Cross, then Spinning Ashura, then BH Sunshine, now this...

This is waaay too crazy...

-Nathan

#15 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 09 September 2002 - 06:46 AM

well I got beat at 152. I have this aweful feeling we will be seeing this auction listed again real soon. If so I probably will not even bid on the damn thing. I put a large bid on it to prevent snipers, but I think this guy had a buddy drive up the price until his greed got carried away and actually surpassed my bid. maybe he was thinking I bid more, maybe he wanted more money. Who knows, but I have never heard of either of these guys which means they probably do not collect muscle, and if that is the case why would they spend so much money on some characters that you can get for $2 (except maybe the hand). Oh well, I don't like to see it end this way, I wish Beligerent would have been the one to snipe me if anyone.

#16 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:02 AM

On a side note, ny nuts are safe.

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:30 AM

On a side note, ny nuts are safe.

Doc, I am SOOOOOOOO glad that you didn't win! I'm ecstatic (did I spell it right?)!!!
I look at all of you on the board and in our community as good friends, because we share a common bond that draws us closer (our obsession with M.U.S.C.L.E.s). When you won the X-2 for $80, I said, "Okay, I can see it. He's hard to get over here, and has a TON of lore surrounding him."
But when I saw you spending $150 for a purple hand, although he hasn't been seen before, I cringed. Yes, he's been elusive thus far, but he is now real, and eventually he will come up again. But he's not Ashuraman or BHS. Probably as rare as S.C., maybe not. Now, what you do with your money is your choice, I'm not telling you how to spend it, god knows I spend WAY too much on toys. But it bothered me to think that maybe you had gotten caught up in bidding on a semi-common guy. I don't know, I'd just hate to see one of our community end up having serious second thoughts for spending a ton of $$$ on a guy that wasn't worth it. Ashuraman, BHS, even S.C. you could pay high amounts and if you had a bad feeling about it, you could always resell it to recover your investment. A purple hand at $150 would have to be something you would keep forever, because you could never unload it for anything NEAR $150. Again, I'm not trying to play big brother, and if you had won, I wouldn't have said any of this, but I am glad for you that you got outbid. $150 can buy you a BHS or and ASHURAMAN, or S.C. MIP or even 5-10 loose S.C.s.

Just my two cents. Not trying to be an arse or anything.

-Johnny

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:44 AM

I completely agree with Johnny. I really don't think you could get back $150 for a purple Hand. Truthfully, I would have set its value at around $30. I would think that it's probably on the level of Satan Cross, in terms of "rarity" (put in quotes because it's difficult for me to say that a toy produced in the thousands is rare). This auction probably went a little crazy because there were a couple of high-rollers interested in it. Anyway, count your blessings Doc.

-Nathan

#19 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:49 AM

I don't consider you an arse Johnny, to be honest I did not want to pay that much but would have if I did win. But I agree completely with all of what you said. I'd rather spend 150 on a BHS or something of that sort, which leads me to believe these guys set me up which makes me even happier I got outbid, because he could have got 100+ for it, but greed got in the way and ended up getting Jack. To be honest, when I went to bed it was at 50 and I was ok with that, but when I woke up and seen it had reached my max bid, I was somewhat relieved that I got outbid, so no heartache here, I appreciatte all of you guys who PM'd me and posted here about it. I am ok, I make ok money and would not do something that I would regret too much later. I wanted this guy, I have a feeling he is not that rare, and will probably be in someone ten pack coming soon, I have some arriving in the mail today as a matter of fact, would I feel like an arse if I paid 150 for it and got one in the mail today ha. Anyways, thanks all, and I am not upset about losing, I am upset that these guys tried to dork me over. This weekend was not a total loss, I got 2 of the claws I needed on the way, a new satan cross 4 pack (soon), my goalie figure is supposed to arrive today as well, and my wife decided to give me some ha ha ha ha ha ha. So all in all, I am a happy man, I may take a short break from ebay. EAS can have the satan cross kinnikuman figure. If I see a large lot with no friends bidding on it, I may snipe. Which brings me to my next subject real quick. I know we have started a post like this but it got all jumbled with responses other than its purpose, and we have new members since then. Can we post a list of all of our ebay names with no other responses as a quick reference so I do not snipe friends? I may bid first, and bid high, but I will not snipe a friend (one or two exceptions). Thanks all, and I do consider all of you friends, I love this chat board.

#20 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:54 AM

can i have a link i can't seem to find it :(
i wanna see this handy hand
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:57 AM

I'll clean out the excess banter in the eBay name thread.

I sent an email to eBay to check out that auction for shill bidding, but beneblanco looks legit (has he paid yet forbes). He's been buying a TON of muscle crap lately. But you never know.

On a side note, those 17 packs, that one had S.C. in them, I emailed the lady before the auction ended to see if she still had 17 packs or if she was one short. Well she responded yesterday finally, and didn't answer my ? but instead asked if I had any for sale and wanted pictures....HMMM. I wonder what for? Hahaha.

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 07:59 AM

can i have a link i can't seem to find it :(
i wanna see this handy hand

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1765447818

#23 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:11 AM

Hey Doc, I have an extra orange Japanese kinkeshi hand that I will sell you for $150. It is a different shade of orange than the m.u.s.c.l.e. version. Ha, just kidding. Honestly tho $150 buck for a purple hand? Damn How much is my glitter hand worth???

Posted Image

Sorry Alberto, its not for trade.
Posted Image

#24 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:29 AM

I really want to know what their motivation was for buying this figure. How could they know that this hand was valuable to us, there have been plenty of other auctions with other colored hands, I wonder if they didnt just buy it because you bid so high on it. Like maybe they assume its valuable just because you bid so high on it. I just cant make any sense of it, maybe they have been reading on the board and just not posting or something. It is kind of sad that so much money is going into muscles now, it was nice when the rarest figure was satancross, but you could still see him quite often and get a good deal on him if you paid attention. The reason i wanted to get the hand in all the different colors was because it didnt seem to me that anyone else had really tried to do that or they didnt really tell anyone about it. Before it seemed that it would be just a matter of patience before i would find those last two figures, now i have the feeling that even if i do find them i wont be able to win them. Ill have to start actively searching for places other than ebay to find the figures i need because there is too much competition, besides thats how the first sealed satancross got found.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#25 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 08:32 AM

that glitter hand is awesome, you should put it up on ebay with a reserve of $1000 and see how high it goes, haha, beneblanco and yapiel would have a great time bidding it up in the smallest increments they could do.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com