#1 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

hey all

its been a really great weekend for me have been away for the missus' birthday received my first laser beast and best of all received a very important package.

i have collected mini boglins since they first came out when i was a kid, my main collection got "lost" by my mum when i went to uni 6 years ago. i have been buying them on and off for the past few years and at one point had ammasses nearly 3000 but i probably have 2500 now after swapping quite a few away. even though i have loads of them there were a couple of certain ones i didnt have.

this time last week i still needed a black spy and gitd scout for the prehistorics to have every gitd and black (with and without symbols) and splash from the mini boglins in slime to have one of every sculpt, a certain great member of this site managed to hook me up with all three so to me my collections is complete.

i dont think i will ever have every sculpt in every colour it was available in or even work out which were available (i have one sculpt in 13 colours!) also i dont think i will be able to get every gold kelloggs, one is fine at the moment :D

does anyone else here have a full set or nearly a full set?

back in Feb i was speaking to the TGB about having some customs made and he suggested he would like to produce the coolest and rarest sculpts and that a minimum order should be $200 (please correct me if i am wrong marty!) well anyways i was wondering if anyone would be up for asking TGB to make a set of the four mini boglins that were only available in the slime toilets (now i finally have them!)as they are clearly very cool and the rarest ones so it could work our a few of us could get a set of the four and could cover the $200 or more that it would cost.

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#2 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Congrats on finishing up your collection!!

I started off with about six Mini Boglins back in February or March, and then you rolled in and suddenly my house was swarming with the things. :D

Not counting the Mini Boglins in Slime, i only need 13 to have one of every sculpt (mostly Prehistorics and Samurai). Some sculpts i have in four, five, or even six colors, and i have quite a few gold, silver, black, and gitd figures as well. I've even got one each of all the Kellogg's Boglins. :D Not sure exactly how many i have in all at this moment, i'll have to count them up.

I'd definitely be interested in a set of customs, but i'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment. As soon as i can get some extra toy money around though, i'm in.

Edited by Scumdogg, 18 May 2008 - 03:47 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#3 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:05 AM

Not counting the Mini Boglins in Slime, i only need 13 to have one of every sculpt (mostly Prehistorics and Samurai). Some sculpts i have in four, five, or even six colors, and i have quite a few gold, silver, black, and gitd figures as well. I've even got one each of all the Kellogg's Boglins. :( Not sure exactly how many i have in all at this moment, i'll have to count them up.

Brilliant dude, u definatley have got thru them alot quicker than i did!

anyone else up for these?

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#4 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:08 AM

Not counting the Mini Boglins in Slime, i only need 13 to have one of every sculpt (mostly Prehistorics and Samurai). Some sculpts i have in four, five, or even six colors, and i have quite a few gold, silver, black, and gitd figures as well. I've even got one each of all the Kellogg's Boglins. :( Not sure exactly how many i have in all at this moment, i'll have to count them up.

Brilliant dude, u definatley have got thru them alot quicker than i did!

anyone else up for these?

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#5 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology and Mini Boglins. Drinking beer, sci fi and rock music.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

This sounds quite interesting. I only recently started collecting Mini Boglins, I used to get them when I was wee and they were actually in the shops, but over the years they've all been lost or given away or whatever. I wouldn't mind getting some reproduction slime boglins (I'd like to get real ones, of course, but that'll probably happen some time in the far future :p) , it would depend on the cost really. At the moment I'm throwing all my resources into bulking up my collection of the less rare ones. I have about 60 seperate sculpts so far, inculding a few of the black ones, and a couple of gold and silver ones, but nothing terrifically rare, yet.

i dont think i will ever have every sculpt in every colour it was available in or even work out which were available (i have one sculpt in 13 colours!)

I was thinking about the different colours that you can get the Mini Boglins in earlier on. I'm not sure about the situation with Ideal, but I think (people here would probably know) that they've gone out of business now. Anyway, has anyone thought about contacting Mattel, who I understand were the distributers of Mini Boglins to ask them if they have any information on what colours they made each Boglin in, or is this not the sort of info that they would keep for 10 plus years after a toy goes out of production? Just a suggestion, anyway. You never know what you might be able to find out if you ask, hehe.

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

If i've learned anything in my time here, it's that no toy company keeps records of anything more than three or four years old, and that no color information can become available until Soupie works some sort of crazy voodoo math on it.

I just started too, and unlike you two don't live in the Mini Boglins' natural habitat, so i really don't know how the hobby works. Is color-collecting a big deal on them like it is with M.U.S.C.L.E. and Monster in my Pocket figures? Beyond the obvious gold/silver/black/gitd figures, i mean?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:31 AM

I don't think colour collecting is a big deal, I don't think collecting Mini Boglins at all is a big deal, to be honest :drinks:! But me being a bit of a completist, it was something that came to mind.
I had a look at some of the M.U.S.C.L.E. collecting websites and the information of colours available and variations and things was pretty cool. It would be nice to see something like that for Boglins, but maybe they're just too obscure or not widely enough collected to have the information required from them to make any really detailed lists.

#8 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

I don't think colour collecting is a big deal, I don't think collecting Mini Boglins at all is a big deal, to be honest :)! But me being a bit of a completist, it was something that came to mind.
I had a look at some of the M.U.S.C.L.E. collecting websites and the information of colours available and variations and things was pretty cool. It would be nice to see something like that for Boglins, but maybe they're just too obscure or not widely enough collected to have the information required from them to make any really detailed lists.

mini boglin collecting is a massive thing!!!! i am well into it! i am only really into colour collecting recently....
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#9 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

After getting a few gormiti packs i think collecting cards for figures is quite interesting as well, unfortunatly for Mini Boglins i only have 3, for Mimp series 6 i have a full set and it looks so good.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#10 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

mini boglin collecting is a massive thing!!!! i am well into it! i am only really into colour collecting recently....

Heh, it is a massive thing personally, but in the grand scheme of everything it's really not all that big a deal :D. Mini Boglin collecting is completely addictive, though. The more I get, the more I want, and the more important colour collecting seems to become.

After getting a few gormiti packs i think collecting cards for figures is quite interesting as well, unfortunatly for Mini Boglins i only have 3, for Mimp series 6 i have a full set and it looks so good.

I'd love to see more of the Mini Boglins cards, but they don't seem to appear very often alongside the boglins themselves. I only have one, the card for Spew. Maybe various collectors that have a few cards each could scan them and post them somewhere on the net so that over time a complete collection might be archived for all to see :o. That would be excellent!

#11 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:57 AM

I'm near to a complete set too :D
I still need 17 guys and 3 slime boglins and I'm done! :D

Speaking of colors I began to create a chart with all the sculpt and all colors in my possession, and I have listed (so far) 23 different colors, the last discover was a darker red never seen (by myself of course), obviously not all the sculpts came in all 23, but it's a start..

When I'll have some spare time I'll begin to create a color site like the MCIA of Soupie, hope to not pay for royalties... :p

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

I'm near to a complete set too :)
I still need 17 guys and 3 slime boglins and I'm done! :D

Speaking of colors I began to create a chart with all the sculpt and all colors in my possession, and I have listed (so far) 23 different colors, the last discover was a darker red never seen (by myself of course), obviously not all the sculpts came in all 23, but it's a start..

When I'll have some spare time I'll begin to create a color site like the MCIA of Soupie, hope to not pay for royalties... :p

:D a MiniBoglinCIA would be great! It's something I'd have liked to do myself but it seemed to big of a task. I'd be more than happy to take pictures of my set for you. I'm sure that Soups will accept payment in mini figs :p

I'd love to see more of the Mini Boglins cards, but they don't seem to appear very often alongside the boglins themselves. I only have one, the card for Spew. Maybe various collectors that have a few cards each could scan them and post them somewhere on the net so that over time a complete collection might be archived for all to see :D. That would be excellent!

I have a heap of cards - I may even have a full Italian set, I need to check which Mini Boglins actually had cards. I can scan all them for Nano's MBCIA too if you haven't got them already :)

Posted Image

#13 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

ok, this morning I had some spare time to sketch some ideas (only 1 hour... I'm a busy guy.. :woot: ), this is the layout I was thinking about, mb in slime should be included too but I need to elaborate the menu a little...

Attached File  home1.jpg   134.54K   79 downloads

and this is a swamp-like color variation

Attached File  home2.jpg   152.59K   52 downloads

the images would be a comfortable 100*100 px, if clicked they open a layer with the same image but with more resolution.
where present, the scan of the cards would be available with a small icons in the bottom (top) right (left) of the thumbnail, again, if clicked it open a layer with the scan at full resolution

let me know what you think, critics and insults are well accepted <_<

#14 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:37 AM

looks great to me <_<

I prefer the swamp-like color one especially if the photo's are to have a white background

Posted Image

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:24 AM

Nano, that looks AWESOME! I love toy archives! <_<
Posted Image

#16 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Man that looks awesome, i prefer the white background myself but i see what fitz means about white backgrounds, i think its alot of work and we need a BoglinDB to define what colours are available.

Edited by Aikola, 01 June 2008 - 07:40 AM.

My Trade List
My Little Army

#17 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

thank you guys for the feedback! I'll have to improve the graphics a little because it doesn't satisfy me so much, I'll post the updates here in this post, and speaking of colors these are what I have listed:

- red
- dark red
- green
- blue
- orange
- salmon
- yellow
- dark yellow
- purple
- olive
- grey
- brown
- silver
- gold
- glow green
- glow purple
- black
- neon orange
- neon green
- neon purple
- neon salmon
- neon yellow
- light blue

but galthisan will enlighten us for sure about this matter :)

edit:
a small update, tomorrow if I can find the time I'll do a small demo of a page navigation
Attached File  home1.jpg   151.57K   25 downloads

Edited by nanoFatato, 01 June 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#18 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

quality guys that is so cool, i promise i will list what i have at some point.

nano - can you post a pic to show what u mean about dark/light red i wasnt aware. also what do u have in neon purple!
i especially like that swamp database. i like the way u have used the italian (G-P) artwork

i thought colours were

original 36 in
Blue
Olive
Gray
Brown
Purple
Orange

then various sculpts in

yellow (at least 2 diffrent)
salmon (possible variants)
red
neon green
light green
light green
neon orange
pink

the obvious in

gold
black
silver
gitd purple
gitd green

samurai and slime their own

blue
green (please please please tell me if you have seen or got a green slime)
orange
yellow

mediavals in

green
blue
yellow
pink
orange (2 diffrent)

kelloggs in

pink
green
blue
yellow
orange (2 diffrent)

and rare little gold kelloggs bast*rds!

also there is the matter of engravings.... some with some without :)
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#19 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

Holy shizznit! That's worse than series one Cheap Toys! :)
Posted Image

#20 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

This is great, exactly what Mini Boglins need. I'm excited, haha :lol:.

#21 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

yup! tomorrow I'll take a pic for every color I found in my collection, what I call 'neon purple' is this Attached File  Kik.gif   7.21K   22 downloads (image from yowiemaggi) and is not a rare color :lol:

#22 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

I'd call that Pink, o.k. i think we have all the colours its just defining the names of them.

My Trade List
My Little Army

#23 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

yup! tomorrow I'll take a pic for every color I found in my collection, what I call 'neon purple' is this Attached File  Kik.gif   7.21K   22 downloads (image from yowiemaggi) and is not a rare color :lol:

i agree with aikola i would say pink. i was thinking you had summing extra special when u said neon purple.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#24 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

pink then, or neon pink..? it isn't a normal pink.. anyway, here we go:

Attached File  black.jpg   170.12K   13 downloads Attached File  blue.jpg   197.27K   17 downloads Attached File  brown.jpg   201.92K   13 downloads
black, blue, brown

Attached File  dark_red.jpg   199.9K   7 downloads Attached File  dark_yellow.jpg   187.34K   10 downloads Attached File  gitd_green.jpg   186.99K   17 downloads
dark red, dark yellow, gitd green

Attached File  gitd_purple.jpg   203.73K   16 downloads Attached File  gold.jpg   181.21K   23 downloads Attached File  green.jpg   189.62K   19 downloads
gitd purple, gold, green

Attached File  grey.jpg   164.71K   11 downloads Attached File  light_blue.jpg   201.04K   14 downloads Attached File  neon_green.jpg   177.09K   13 downloads
grey, light blue, neon green

Attached File  neon_orange.jpg   174.09K   8 downloads Attached File  neon_pink.jpg   179.73K   8 downloads Attached File  neon_salmon.jpg   182.91K   8 downloads
neon orange, neon pink, neon salmon

Attached File  neon_yellow.jpg   189.72K   9 downloads Attached File  olive.jpg   195.91K   5 downloads Attached File  orange.jpg   206.87K   8 downloads
neon yellow, olive, orange

Attached File  purple.jpg   177K   9 downloads Attached File  red.jpg   192.69K   7 downloads Attached File  salmon.jpg   181.71K   7 downloads
purple, red, salmon

Attached File  silver.jpg   185.83K   4 downloads Attached File  yellow.jpg   199.74K   12 downloads
silver, yellow

and this is a comparison of a normal red between two dark reds
Attached File  red_comparison.jpg   242.06K   47 downloads

#25 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:05 AM

I think neon pink sounds perfect :lol:

Have you noticed that some of the colors have a slight transluscent quality? I think there's at least a green like that which is not pictured above.

My camera's broke at the moment so I can't take a picture but here's one I put on Toypedia

Posted Image

Has anyone else had a black Mini Boglin made of harder plastic than the others??

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com