1 reply to this topic

#1 MentalMagic

MentalMagic

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

I've almost unlocked everyone except Benkiman and Barrierfreeman. I'm playing it on a Japanese ps2 console. I think the game faq info on unlocking the 

characters is incomplete because so far I've followed these instructions http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23195

and they have worked. I beat story mode and the Golden Mask mode with the right characters and unlocked some of the story mode characters. 

Has anyone unlocked these two characters? Here's what the instructions say but I don't understand what they mean.

(Unlock) Barrierfreeman:
Arcade cleared by Kinniku Mantaro
Survival gauge 5th passing in Survival Mode
And ARUTIMETTOTONAMENTO "Superman NO.1 match Idol" in secret after the conditions are satisfied, SHIKURETTOMATCHI victory.
(* Flag tournament: "parent-child confrontation" → "RAFUFAITARIGU" → "Superman Olympic tournament," → "Superman's fateful final of the Olympic Games" → "generational struggle" → "Superman No.1 match the new Idol" → "Superman Idol No.1 match ")

(Unlock) Benkiman:
Tournament Challenge "in which the world's most atrocious Superman" in secret after the conditions are satisfied, SHIKURETTOMATCHI victory. 
Survival gauge 6th passing in Survival Mode
Level of arcade 800,000 power and beat Benkiman in arcade mode
(* Flag tournament: "Highway Champions League" → "IRYUJONISUTO Championship" → "Superman Cup Yama" → "savagery in which the world's superman")

Is this tournament mode? What is Superman NO.1 match idol? What does in secret mean? And what does the rest of it mean? Are they certain matches and/or ranks? Which matches? Any help on how to do this will be much appreciated. 

Edited by MentalMagic, 14 March 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#2 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

Out of these two, I only ever managed to unlock Barrierfreeman (Benkiman and Akuma Shogun eluded me, although I gave up after picking up KMGP2). 

In survival mode there's some kind of level system where you gain experience each time you play (gaining more depending on how many rounds you last for). To unlock Barrierfreeman and Benkiman, you'll need to get the level up to 5 and 6 respectively. Once you've done this, you have to clear certain tournaments in tournament mode (in order to unlock each tournament path, I believe you need to get an A rank or above which is effected by the amount of health you do, as well as special finishes). This is where things become difficult because tournament names are in Japanese and there aren't any lists anywhere as far as I'm aware, although going by those rough translations you might be able to figure each one out based on the opponents you face. Alternatively, if you clear all the tournaments you'll be in the green, but this may pose quite the challenge if you want to get a high enough rank each time.

To unlock Benkiman, you also need to beat him as a secret opponent in Arcade Mode. 800,000 power is the difficulty level you have to play on to encounter him, the requirement may also ask for no continues, but I'm afraid this eludes me.

Sorry for the vague answer, it's regrettable that there isn't more English language information out there about the first Grand Prix game, but I hope that helps in setting you in the right direction!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com