Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Living in Japan...rediscovering Kinnikuman!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Oh sweet! You should buy stuff and sell it to me!!!

#27 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I havent seen that version on Manriki, pretty neat.

I haven't seen many of these, so I thought it was cool :)

Oh sweet! You should buy stuff and sell it to me!!!

I don't know if it would be worth the price to buy + ship. They seemed expensive to me, but I have never bought Romandos, so what do I know? Ha :D

#28 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I more so meant the cheaper stuff. But yea some romando are easily over 100$ some others are really cheap. On average I spend around 70$ to buy a romando figure.

#29 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I more so meant the cheaper stuff. But yea some romando are easily over 100$ some others are really cheap. On average I spend around 70$ to buy a romando figure.

Ah gotcha! Thanks for the info...I had no idea how much Romandos go for in the real world. Had only really seen them for sale on eBay before running into those two at the store. I'm heading to Osaka tomorrow...anything specific (and small) that you're looking for? I don't have a lot of money to blow, but I'm hoping to hit a few shops while there and can try to keep an eye out for stuff.

Edited by gaspar, 30 December 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#30 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Crap I didnt see this until now. I like those guys in the first couple pics. Pretty much any of that kind of stuff. Ill deffinately throw you some extra for your troubles too. That planetman I need pretty much any of the cheap ones

#31 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Crap I didnt see this until now. I like those guys in the first couple pics. Pretty much any of that kind of stuff. Ill deffinately throw you some extra for your troubles too. That planetman I need pretty much any of the cheap ones

Hey! Sorry just got back from Osaka today...hadn't had a chance to reply previously. I have to say, while the trip was a blast in general, I kind of struck out on the Kinnikuman buying quest. On Tuesday, after we arrived, I walked from my hotel to Mandarake. It is a really cool store, but I was mostly looking for Kinkeshi and they were kind of lacking in that area. They had one display case with a bunch of them, but they were ¥105 each! I bought my previous bags for ¥200 for 10 of them, so I wasn't really wanting to pay that much. I also wasn't looking for any specific figures...mostly looking for decently priced assortment packs. Since this was my first stop, I figured I'd have better luck the next day, so I didn't buy any there.

So Wednesday we did a lot of touristy stuff, Osaka Castle, the Zoo, etc. Finally made it over to Tsutenkaku tower and there was an hour and a half wait to go up! I didn't get to check out the Kinnikuman Museum because it was already getting kind of late in the afternoon and we hadn't had lunch. But I did take a photo with Robin Mask:
Posted Image

From there, we made the short walk to the Muscle Store:
Posted Image
It was really cool to see what they had. Unfortunately, they had very few Kinkeshi for sale. They were ¥52 each, so better than at Mandarake. Since I wasn't looking for any figure in particular, I looked through the bin a bit but didn't see anything that jumped out at me. It was awesome to see the original drawings and some figures that I hadn't seen before, but it was a very small place, so I didn't stay long.

I wanted to go to Jungle, but it was far from anything else we were visiting. I'll have to do that next time. I found out on the HobbyOff website that there is a location in Kobe really close to where we had to drive to get back to our island. I thought I might stop there and see if anyone had brought in Kinkeshi or other cool stuff recently. Unfortunately, we drove around for a while and our GPS kept taking us where it THOUGHT the store was, but we couldn't find it and it was getting late so we had to start the drive back.

It was a really great trip. Had a fun time in Osaka. Just struck out a bit on bringing anything but photos and memories back with me as far as Kinnikuman stuff goes. Oh well...I should be going back again near the end of February, so I'll try to check out a few of the other places then. Thanks again for all of the info!

#32 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thats badass! I wish I could get one of those fullsize characters!

#33 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thats badass! I wish I could get one of those fullsize characters!

Yeah, I can't even imagine how expensive those would be. But they're pretty sweet!

#34 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

a full size kid muscle figure in an arms down bicep curl pose was on ebay about a year ago for (if i remember correctly) $12000! seller was an antique/ collectables dealer. it got relisted loads of times but i couldn't find it on there now..guess some nutter bought it!

#35 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Yea I remember that one. I want the ashuraman lol

#36 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Oh man! Glad you got to go! Looks like you had a fun trip!

#37 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Oh man! Glad you got to go! Looks like you had a fun trip!

Thanks! It was definitely a ton of fun. I can't wait to get back and find more stuff. I really want to check Jungle next time and go up in Tsutenkaku Tower to see the museum!

#38 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

I was at HobbyOff again today and saw these Kinnikuman figures that I hadn't seen before:
Posted Image
Does anyone have info about them? For only ¥400 (about $4) each I couldn't pass them up.

#39 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Found a few more Kinnikuman related items while out shopping today. Not really sure what most of it was, so I didn't pick any up yet. Might have to go back sometime in the future...

Kinnikuman1_zps7cef47cf.jpg

Kinnikuman2_zpsb0b8eea0.jpg

Kinnikuman3_zps02874363.jpg

None of the prices seemed bad at all, but none of it was stuff I just had to have. It's been much more difficult to find good Kinnikuman stuff here than I would have thought.

#40 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

For those smaller figures (from March- how did I miss that?)- they pop up on eBay relatively often for $10-$20ish.  They're awesome little dioramas of scenes in the series.  My avatar (until I change it) is from a related figure from the same line.

Edited by Ridureyu, 01 August 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Haha! I really only pop in here occasionally, so it's easy to miss things I post. I really like those smaller diorama figures. They're pretty cool! I wish I could find a few more of them. 

#42 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

They pop up on eBay fairly often - check Kinnikuman Gashapon, and keep looking from time to time.

#43 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

Cool, thanks! Also, speaking of Gashapon...I found this machine at the mall tonight:
Kinniku1_zps0cc1e759.jpg

Kind of pricey at about $4 a pop, but I decided to try once and see if I could pull the Kinnikuman w/Championship Belt figure:

Kinniku2_zps27248f33.jpg

Oh well, not bad! I might try one more the next time I see a machine, but I don't think I'm going to try to collect them all.

#44 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

Found another gachapon machine today and decided to give it one more shot. Pulled Terryman which is a-ok by me since I'm originally from Texas. Still want that Kinnikuman, but I think I'm just going to wait and see if I can find it sold at HobbyOff or some other place eventually.

#45 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

This thread is VERY cool - I've never been to Japan (and from Australia it's still 10 hours in a plane) but I see a lot of familiar stuff.

I actually have been lucky enough to get most of my Romando figures fairly cheap - the Manriki set me back 1900 yen.....

If you come across any of the Great Kinkeshi figures (they are 6 inches tall) give me a shout (and 89CPE) but me first LOL

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#46 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

This thread is VERY cool - I've never been to Japan (and from Australia it's still 10 hours in a plane) but I see a lot of familiar stuff.

I actually have been lucky enough to get most of my Romando figures fairly cheap - the Manriki set me back 1900 yen.....

If you come across any of the Great Kinkeshi figures (they are 6 inches tall) give me a shout (and 89CPE) but me first LOL

Thanks! You should come to Japan sometime if you can. It's a very fun place!

I've never seen the Great Kinkeshi figures, but if I run across them, I'll take some pics and post here. They look pretty sweet!

#47 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I haven't found much new Kinnikuman stuff recently, but I did snag this copy of the old game for about $4 the other day. Just thought I'd share :D

NES_Kinnikuman_zps5dd68547.jpg

#48 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

This is a great thread!

bbb3.jpg

#49 gaspar

gaspar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

LOL! Thanks guys! Glad y'all enjoy the updates...sorry I don't find stuff more often. But I'll definitely continue updating whenever I run across new Kinnikuman things here. I'm off to Tokyo for a week starting next Thursday, so I'm really hoping I'll be able to find some cool figures. I mapped out a few of the shops that sell Kinnikuman items...now I just have to see how many I can squeeze in between the rest of the sightseeing with my wife and her family.

Anyway, just to add some content, here are the Kinnikuman gacha figures that I've pulled since my last post as well as the ones I already had. My wife gave me one gachapon for Christmas and when I opened it, it was actually Kinnikuman! I never found the version holding up the belt. I'm hoping I might find that somewhere in Tokyo!

Kinnikuman_zps2b6329e7.jpg

#50 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Those are pretty cool!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com