• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

Hing Fat just released the Terrible Monsters and the spooky trees in a new set with some new colors and accessories.  Have updated my post about these guy with some pic of the new release.  Here is a link

http://fantasytoysol...le-monster.html

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

It was great to see these reissued, and I like the new purple color (although I kind of wish the other three colors were totally new as well). How'd you do with different sculpts in each color? I think the most different sculpts I got in a single color is eight. There were plenty of duplicates in my bucket.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Sweet!

How crappy is the plastic?
What would you compare it to?

#4 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

It was great to see these reissued, and I like the new purple color (although I kind of wish the other three colors were totally new as well). How'd you do with different sculpts in each color? I think the most different sculpts I got in a single color is eight. There were plenty of duplicates in my bucket.

I got 6 purple and 6 blue, less  of the other colors.  I got duplicates of all of the figures except the zombie. I only got 1 of him in blue.  

Sweet!

How crappy is the plastic?
What would you compare it to?

The plastic is poor but acceptable.  Some people complained on Amazon about breakage during shipping.  Mine arrived safe enough, but the hinges on the two treasure chests were snapped off.  

I got 6 purple and 6 blue, less of the other colors.  Included duplicates of all of the figures except the zombie, only one of him in blue.  I got 49 figs total.

#5 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

The plastic of the figures feels a bit lighter to me than the originals. I think some of the accessories (like the chests and the wagons) were probably what the person was complaining of breaking, though. Those seem poorer quality than the figures.

#6 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

That's a good point.  I did a test to compare how bendable the devil's trident is between the new and old figures.  They are actually both fairly brittle, but the older is a little softer. 

#7 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

The spooky tree is also in a new skeleton dino playset.

http://www.amazon.co...skeleton bucket

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

The spooky tree is also in a new skeleton dino playset.

http://www.amazon.co...skeleton bucket

whoa.gif

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

I have the old spooky tree. It is really awesome. Came in a totally random lot of stuff from Germany. That lot was fun to parse through. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

I wonder if there is a vintage version of the weird skull castle thing like the original versions of the trees and figures?

#11 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

I received mine last week.  Both chests were busted at the hinges as well, but everything else looked good.  I was mostly after the figures but the trees and castle are cool.

#12 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

I wonder if there is a vintage version of the weird skull castle thing like the original versions of the trees and figures?

Good question.

But, just like the tree being used for that dino playset, that castle may be re-used from some other fantasy set.

#13 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

Anyone else been trying to get full color sets of these figures? I've managed to get 1-3 away for all colors. Here's what I still need:

UPDATE: Now I should only need the blue witch! Please let me know if you can help.

And here are the extras I still have:

Attached File  monster_extras.jpg   97.48K   3 downloads

Edited by fkro6784, 31 January 2015 - 11:30 AM.

#14 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

i love these things.  so weird and seemingly random.  only $16+ on Amazon.  both my GPS trunks arrived with broken hinges.  oh well, shoddy construction and Gold Plastic Syndrome I will blame.  the two trees are really cool and i love the skull castle. the castle reminds me of something i would have gotten with the old 1980's Sword and the Sorcerer toys.   i like how the two wagons have horses but no drivers nor any way to connect them to each other.  it kinda reminds me of the zombie "playset" that i got a few months ago at CVS. the closest plastic comparison i can think of is my daughter's Mastermind game where the playing pieces are colorful animals.  that's what these feel like to me: enlarged (mostly hollow) playing pieces. they would have been so much better if they were similar to the Slug Zombies.  THEN I would be getting numerous buckets to collect / horde all the different sculpts in various colors.

#15 countzackula

countzackula

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

I already traded most of my doubles. I did get one broken hinge on one of my chests...gold plastic syndrome! I did break the horse hitch thingie on one of my carriages, but that was my own dumb fault. I was trying to pop it back apart for storage. So, word of warning: GO EASY if you do the same!

I am tempted to buy that dino skeleton set...but I don't feel like spending extra dough right now. Anybody have it, yet? Wondering if the mountain is hard plastic or that really brittle crap that vintage Halloween masks were made of. I have a few mountains like that in my collection. I barely touch them and the break and crack...ARGH!

I really hope HIng Fat follows Tim Mee's footsteps and periodically re-issues these in more different colors! I'd love to see the Terrible Monsters in more Halloweenish colors...orange, neon green, dark purple, maybe blackish...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com