426 replies to this topic

#1 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

might as well post this here as well, everyone on the GPKUG have been in a flurry of the official unveiling of their new mini figure line. MINIKINS.

http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=gpkmfb

Ship date is October 16

Each $53 box contains 24 packs. Each pack contains 2 cards.

Cards/Pack: 2
Manufacturer: Topps
Packs/Box: 24

Minikins are 1" tall figures featuring famous Garbage Pail Kids characters! There are 26 different figures to collect. Each figure is made from soft, bouncy material. There are 4 cool variants to collect - Neon Blue (1:3 packs), Neon Red (1:3), Neon Green (1:4), and Neon Yellow (1:12). There are also 26 sticker cards that include names and backstories for each character. Each pack includes 2 Minikins and 2 sticker cards.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

super excited for the mono figures, the painted ones i can live without, but of course ill still collect them too. :)

Edited by Ericnilla, 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Nice!

So, is that YOUR sitting Adam Bomb sculpt?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm really glad Topps went with painted figures and mono neon figures. At just around a dollar per figure, the price isn't bad either.

#4 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Nice!

So, is that YOUR sitting Adam Bomb sculpt?

Nice so far I want that Dracula one and that werewolf one

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

says they are 1" tall, I wonder how close to that size they really are? thats pretty tiny. smaller than series 1 CTs.

#6 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wow! Those are pretty sweet. Can wait to start busting packs!

#7 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Amazing news! I am so stoked that they are including mono variants! I will be waiting very impatiently for these to be released. When they say a "soft, bouncy material," I wonder if they mean super soft like Squinkies or firmer rubber. I hope the latter.

Edited by fkro6784, 30 April 2013 - 05:15 PM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#8 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am excited to see these figures but I truly hope these are just prototypes. Some of those figures and paint jobs look awful! Muggin Megan needs some TLC to get that sculpt right. I'm still holding out hope that they improve these before the October release date.

#9 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

These look fantastic. Having painted and unpainted helps keep as many collectors happy as possible. I myself will be trying to get just the unpainted figures. Can't wait.

#10 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Alright! So glad they did mono variants. Better start saving my pennies.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

There are only two I want... but I want to get all of the variants... Can you say "trade fodder"?

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

There are only two I want... but I want to get all of the variants... Can you say "trade fodder"?

What he said..

There are only two that interest me. The rest are blah.

That Nasty Nick isn't even close to the one that Alec had made.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I excited to see what the other 14 sculpts will be. 26 for a set is pretty sweet.

#14 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

I excited to see what the other 14 sculpts will be. 26 for a set is pretty sweet.

Yeah that is a great amount of figures with 5 versions of each sculpt. 130 is a big number to drop out of the blue, but I guess they feel confident bringing them back based on sucess of the cards, yeah? No 16 figures at a time randomly put into various stores. With it being Topps these should be everywhere.

GPK don't dip a toe in the pool to test the water, they cannonball in that shit.

#15 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Painting figures at this scale always highlights any flaws or inconsistencies, especially having GPK cards to compare the figures with.
I'd like to see how the mono variants fare compared to the painted ones, I get the feeling they'll look much better non-painted.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#16 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

we gotta remember too, if these are 1", that is the same size as Fighter Pods and Squinkies. Thats a small pallet to get a sculpt just perfect and match an existing card art.

Posted Image

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

we gotta remember too, if these are 1", that is the same size as Fighter Pods and Squinkies. Thats a small pallet to get a sculpt just perfect and match an existing card art.

Posted Image

Also remember that we are not the primary target audience for these buggers... Nor is the size going to keep us from buying them.
I have only seen two sculpts that I like, but if there are 26 sculpts, then there may be more that catch my eye. I am looking forward to seeing them all, as well as the customs people come up with once they drop.

#18 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

Being that some figures are in sitting positions while others are standing, I bet the sitting figures are closer to the 1" mark and the others are closer to 1.5"

#19 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Also remember that we are not the primary target audience for these buggers... Nor is the size going to keep us from buying them.

Indeed, the kids market who buy this on the candy counter is probably the bigger market, but the fact they insert cahse mono and reprint original's series sticker instead of new ones let me think they had a small thought for us as well ;)

"There are 26 different figures to collect. Each figure is made from soft, bouncy material."
(from the http://www.potomacdist.com description)

Hum... Guess they saw that The Trash Pack Trashie's were going well, essentially with the same theme - make even sense with the 1" size then...

I really look forward to those in any case - just the sticker look like neat reprint to start with!

Edited by DrBo, 01 May 2013 - 05:37 AM.

- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#20 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I wonder if they used the cartoon as an influence for some of these sculpts. They look very animated. Especially Megan, her head sculpt looks like the animation from the cartoon.

#21 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

these are definitely cool.  its about time they brought back gpk mini's!  i can live without the painted ones...they look like crap, but monochromatic ones will do nicely :D

Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#22 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

I honestly don't think the painted ones look bad, we can't expect mass produced figures to be on the level with ones that are meticulously painted by professional artists:) A plastic playhouse re-paint on some of these could be epic!

#23 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I honestly don't think the painted ones look bad, we can't expect mass produced figures to be on the level with ones that are meticulously painted by professional artists:) A plastic playhouse re-paint on some of these could be epic!

I agree. Although I am sure I will prefer the mono ones because I always do, I don't mind the painted ones and will be collecting a painted set in addition to the monos. Plus, I would be surprised if the final product will look exactly like what's shown in that pic. I'm guessing a lot of the people who are unhappy with that photo will end up liking them a lot better when they see the actual produced figures.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#24 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Yow the painted set looks pretty garish. But I'm defeinately in for a mono set or two.

#25 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

I think alot of the painted figures look pretty good. Michelle Muck,Stan Alive,Reptilian Killian all look great! Can't wait to see the rest of the checklist.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com