Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Are these Battle Beast variants or just paint jobs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

I am asking about the spider and the turtle on the right.  I got them when I first signed up for ebay, which was before there were pictures in the auction listings. The seller claimed that they were cereal premiums (Kellogg's I think) and were rare.  I had never seen anything about any cereal premium beasts and was skeptical, but went ahead and bought them for less then $10 plus shipping.  It was the missing arm on the turtle that got me to buy them.  I figured that he wouldn't sell a damaged figure if he was trying to pull a fast one.  I also thought, and still think, that if he can be that freaking devious and plant details like that in his scam to set the hook, and go to the trouble chopping of two of the spider's arms and repainting both figures for a $10 score, what the heck . . . I'm game.  It might be fun to collect attempted scam figures.  So, as I still have not seen anything about any cereal premium BBs, I assume this guy whet all in for for a $10 scam, which is beautiful in its way.  Can anybody say for sure?

I think the other two are Greek BBs, but the seller didn't know and called them gumball BBs because that was kind of a catchall for odd BBs back then as real info was hard to come by.  

DSC_0323.JPG

#2 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm certain those two on the left are greek.But I have never heard of the Kellogg's battle beasts before!Sounds a bit fishy to me but you never know.

He said they were Gumballs lol.I hope this guy didn't pull a fast one one you.But atleast those Greek's are worth the $10 especially the Carp.

#3 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

In UK no Hasbro toy lines in cereal promos I can remember of. Kellogs toys though got Mimp,pet aliens and mini boglins and shredies had quite a few exclusive mini figures lines created for them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

On the original spider, the fig was molded in gray, and only the armor, and facial details were painted.
So if the blue, on the spiders legs, is paint, then I would say you have a custom on your hands, since the fig probably would have been molded in blue, and only the armor painted, if it were actually a Hasbro fig.

Still looks pretty neat, though.

Edited by Rubberhammer, 15 January 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#5 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Also, you might try just removing an arm, to see if the peg inside is still grey.

#6 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

IMO someone customed them as they were damaged figures.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com