140 replies to this topic

#51 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

I think one of the key things, that can either make this great (or terrible), is how they choose to assort them, should they do another line.

If they decide to do standard/set assortments, I think that would be a tremendous mistake. The random packs/random colors, especially the ten packs, were a lot of fun. I don't really care for the set assortment of the SLUG zombies line... There is no thrill of the hunt. You know exactly what you need to buy to get them all, and once you have them: Done. There is no reason to go back and get more. I thihnk having a moderate blind-pack element only further supporst the "Lurking Everywhere" aspect of the acronym.

Hell, come to think of it, that would only promote trading. Trading promotes people talking about them more, and handling them more... Driving up the likelihood that the consumer would feel compelled to go buy more.

I could be way off, though.

#52 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I think one of the key things, that can either make this great (or terrible), is how they choose to assort them, should they do another line.

If they decide to do standard/set assortments, I think that would be a tremendous mistake. The random packs/random colors, especially the ten packs, were a lot of fun. I don't really care for the set assortment of the SLUG zombies line... There is no thrill of the hunt. You know exactly what you need to buy to get them all, and once you have them: Done. There is no reason to go back and get more. I thihnk having a moderate blind-pack element only further supporst the "Lurking Everywhere" aspect of the acronym.

Hell, come to think of it, that would only promote trading. Trading promotes people talking about them more, and handling them more... Driving up the likelihood that the consumer would feel compelled to go buy more.

I could be way off, though.

I think you are right on with that statement...I agree 100%...Id much rather have blind packs

#53 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Absolutey. I prefer the blind pack as well. SLUG zombies was way WAY too easy complete each series and it really doent involve any trading.

And maybe throw in some hard to find colors or sculpts.

#54 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Look what i came across Vintage Road Warriors Keshi~!

Posted Image

and Hulk Hogan & Jumbo Tsuruta?

Posted Image

Has anyone seen these before~? Very cool, and Muscle like.
(no these arent customs I made)

Edited by Ericnilla, 21 August 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#55 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

I wish I had some extras to send. It's a great idea but unfortunately my collection is still small.

Edited by Bagface, 22 August 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#56 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

omg that keshi is awesome Eric!

#57 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

keshi with nipples...awesome!!!

#58 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Absolutey. I prefer the blind pack as well. SLUG zombies was way WAY too easy complete each series and it really doent involve any trading.

And maybe throw in some hard to find colors or sculpts.

Personally I prefer clear package, but like for the Trash Pack or Monsters in my Pockets can have a few visible figure and some blinded to include rarer variant (or not).

In any case, a bit of ramdomness is fun. I really liked checking all the four pack M.U.S.C.L.E. guy at Woolco's before choosing which one I would take home.

Edited by DrBo, 13 September 2012 - 10:48 AM.

- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#59 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Those keshi are awesome, Eric! I want them!!
Hopefully there's a Rick Rude! hha

#60 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Okay I just sent a sweet package to Enrique at Mattel! I'm curious to know how many here at LRG have sent theirs yet. Now is the time to show our support for Mattel in their M.U.S.C.L.E. project.. and if you've been planning to send yours but just haven't yet, consider this a friendly reminder.. every little counts.. I know life can get busy but I just wanted to share this and again, ask how many of us have already sent out their packages. get excited, get amped on a Mattel M.U.S.C.L.E. reboot.. so many other classic lines have done reboots .. and JAKKS are already pluggin away with S.L.U.G. .. and there is a total muscle renaissance happening and it's obvious Mattel should recognize the value of their property as the King of this resurgence!

Edited by Muscle Things, 13 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#61 karamazov80

karamazov80

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm actually a big time old school 'rasslin fan more than a MUSCLE one, but would definitely be in for these. That Macho Man and LOD figures are too great. Hard to estimate if these would succeed or not if produced. We have seen great success with revisited retro lines like GI Joe, He-Man, and Transformers in the recent past. Less so with Thundercats though. So. . .not sure. I think the audience could definitely be there, particularly if it had the MUSCLE branding as it could tap into more of that nostalgia folks had from when they were kids.

#62 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think that with the MUSCLE and WWE brands attached, Mattel could do some serious damage to our wallets.
Even if MAttel just used the MUSCLE brand to bring over another obscure (to the US) mini figure line, it would still be money.
I'm crossing my fingers.

#63 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Look what i came across Vintage Road Warriors Keshi~!

Posted Image

and Hulk Hogan & Jumbo Tsuruta?

Posted Image

Has anyone seen these before~? Very cool, and Muscle like.
(no these arent customs I made)

Those are unbelievable !
Great find!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#64 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

I think that with the MUSCLE and WWE brands attached, Mattel could do some serious damage to our wallets.
Even if MAttel just used the MUSCLE brand to bring over another obscure (to the US) mini figure line, it would still be money.
I'm crossing my fingers.

To be honest, I'd prefer the WWE brand to NOT be attached.

#65 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

To be honest, I'd prefer the WWE brand to NOT be attached.

I think the LOD samples they had at toyfair, were fantastic. The Rock/Bull one, too.
I think as long as it was an odd mix of straight-up likenesses, and odd-creative sculpts.

Do you have something else in mind?

#66 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

I think as long as it was an odd mix of straight-up likenesses, and odd-creative sculpts.

Same here. After all the original line had M.U.S.C.L.E. #075 Abdullah, #028 John Stimboard and #041 Beauty Rhodes who where almost straight portrait of actual wrestler alonside all the urinals, giant hand, robots and monsters.
- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#67 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

oh heavens yes!!! that machoman is killer!!!
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#68 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Same here. After all the original line had M.U.S.C.L.E. #075 Abdullah, #028 John Stimboard and #041 Beauty Rhodes who where almost straight portrait of actual wrestler alonside all the urinals, giant hand, robots and monsters.

Terryman was a big send-up to Terry Funk, Kenkaman/Quarrelman is a not-so-subtle send-up to Hogan, and #91 is a very thinly veiled Baron Von Raschke.

#69 JetEyeNight

JetEyeNight

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

I think the LOD samples they had at toyfair, were fantastic. The Rock/Bull one, too.

Do you have something else in mind?

As long as their are odd-creative sculpts in the mix I wouldn't mind the WWE brand being attached. What I'm afraid of, however, is seeing strictly WWE characters. I want new and unique crazy sculpts.

#70 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

IronMask wants a Funk'A'Saurus. :p

....my bad.

The mix of wrestlers and concepts is a must. The concept figs would give you a great way to increase the fantasy, and also your wrestler numbers without venturing to far into the obscure. You could easily have your favorite wrestlers tag team up with their conceptual avatars.

However, I'd love to see more than just WWE stars. That's the only drawback to the brand exclusivity. It would be neat to get a M.U.S.C.L.E. series devoted to different leagues.

Also it is a must to have signature move figures, as well as iconic moments just like Kinnikuman had.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 16 September 2012 - 02:08 AM.

Posted Image

#71 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

They could trim down the head size of the "Supermeat" sculpt and make a decent "Yes-Man" figure. :cheeks:

The mix of wrestlers and concepts is a must. The concept figs would give you a great way to increase the fantasy, and also your wrestler numbers without venturing to far into the obscure. You could easily have your favorite wrestlers tag team up with their conceptual avatars.

However, I'd love to see more than just WWE stars. That's the only drawback to the brand exclusivity. It would be neat to get a M.U.S.C.L.E. series devoted to different leagues.

"ALIEN WRESTLERS HAVE INVADED THE WWE! CAN THE SUPERSTARS FIGHT OFF THE MOWHAWKED MENANCE?"
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#72 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

They could trim down the head size of the "Supermeat" sculpt and make a decent "Yes-Man" figure. :cheeks:

"ALIEN WRESTLERS HAVE INVADED THE WWE! CAN THE SUPERSTARS FIGHT OFF THE MOWHAWKED MENANCE?"

That would be an awesome set up! Although I could care less about the WWE (except for the old guys), the sheer volume of figures in the line would make these a blast to collect, and I can guarantee I would dump LOTS of money into this line! Especially if they were packaged randomly like the originals.

#73 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

I mean, Mattel could ostensibly have several lines under the "MUSCLE" banner, just like SLUGS.
WWE MUSCLE
MUSCLE Monsters
MUSCLE from Outer Space

etc.

#74 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

hell ya love that!

#75 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Maybe we should each apply for Brand Manager for Muscle. :p

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com