• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I know the main ones like Kinnikuman, Terryman, Broken jr, Ramen man, Sunshine, Robin Mask, Meat and such. I was wondering though if all the figures that i have have names that appeared in the manga or cartoon or comics. If there is is there a list some where? Or were a lot of the figures just "filler" figures for the main characters to beat up on? This question just happened to pop into my head as I was reading the forums and looking at my (albeit small) pile of M.U.S.C.L.E men on my computer desk.

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yep! Here is a site that has all of them named along with their pictures and numbers:

http://nathansmuscle....C.L.E. Archive

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 cmf

cmf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

I know the main ones like Kinnikuman, Terryman, Broken jr, Ramen man, Sunshine, Robin Mask, Meat and such. I was wondering though if all the figures that i have have names that appeared in the manga or cartoon or comics. If there is is there a list some where? Or were a lot of the figures just "filler" figures for the main characters to beat up on? This question just happened to pop into my head as I was reading the forums and looking at my (albeit small) pile of M.U.S.C.L.E men on my computer desk.

Hell yeah they all have names! Check out the MUSCLE forum, go to the checklist, and you will see Biffards checklist(downloadable file) which has all the figs and their respective names. Check it out. Its a really good resource.

#4 LozVegas

LozVegas

MuscleFigures.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

1345583186[/url]' post='442498']

You can view them all on one page here: http://www.musclefig...figure-gallery/

Posted Image

#5 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Reading, Boobs, Video Games, M.U.S.C.L.E men... Just a lot of geekery in general.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Jeez, i just found out that my favorite wrestler was named after the ball and cup game... its not that his head is an amazing steel prisoner type ball and chain that he uses to smash his foes. Ah well lol. Thanks a lot guys, that was a very quick response.

#6 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Another thing that i just noticed (figure Ill put it here instead of creating a new topic) is there's no Brockenman or Brocken Jr in the M.U.S.C.L.E run? Is he in the Kinkeshi group? And im guessing Mito was americanized into Meat for Ultimate Muscle? And final question (until i can think of more lol) are the variants based off of anything? Like for simplicity, all the Sunshines. Did he take those forms in the comics or anime or was it just to spice up the line?

I really enjoy picking your brains on these. Its like a wealth of new information from something that i collected like 25 years ago.

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Haha hoooooooo boy, there certainly wasn't any Bocken Jr figures. USA 1986 was not ready for the superhero in Hugo Boss get up.

#8 MrBeausephus

MrBeausephus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I know lots of the transformations have a basis in the show or manga. For example, somewhere (I think U of M) they explain how the Claw is the end of a line of transformations, so several other figures are also other forms of the claw. Same thing with Sunshine. Of the clips I've seen he seems to be made of sand, so he can transform at will, and uses all of his forms in battle. Youtube is good for the more famous characters.

#9 Mr. T

Mr. T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

There's only one known Brocken Jr. figure known to exist in muscle plastic. He's part of the Magnificent 11 super rares.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I guess im just as interested in the story line of these as well as the collecting of them. Im up to episode 6 right now of the original anime, and havent hit up the comic yet. probably do that after i finish up with the subtitled cartoon. Just started sketching out my first fan-art also. could be done tomorrow, or like a month from now. I draw in waves lol. Ill make sure to link it somewhere in this forum though when (if) i finish it.

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I guess im just as interested in the story line of these as well as the collecting of them. Im up to episode 6 right now of the original anime, and havent hit up the comic yet. probably do that after i finish up with the subtitled cartoon. Just started sketching out my first fan-art also. could be done tomorrow, or like a month from now. I draw in waves lol. Ill make sure to link it somewhere in this forum though when (if) i finish it.

So far, who's your guy?

#12 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Kendaman and Kinnikuman. Trying out perspective and crap with Kendaman busting through the wall with his face and Kinnikuman not noticing while eating... might have Mito freaking out in the background

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I started off a Warsman guy, but over time, Brocken Jr. won me over. Those two are my guys, with Buffaloman, and Mammothman.

Also: there is nothing saying, that your Kendaman can't have a iron prison ball, for a head. Just a friendly reminder, it's all up to your imagination.

#14 Bagface

Bagface

The Customs Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, I know, when i do fan arts though i try to at least keep them in the realm of "plausible" though. So i will do research on Kendaman and hope that he's not a total push over. Anyone know if there is an in depth wiki type thing for the characters? Doing a quick search with my limited knowledge only brings up the toy line and the history of it.

Edit: i take it back, my limited MUSCLE vocabulary helped lol just found this: http://kinnikuman.wi...uman_characters

Edited by Bagface, 21 August 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#15 cmf

cmf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Another thing that i just noticed (figure Ill put it here instead of creating a new topic) is there's no Brockenman or Brocken Jr in the M.U.S.C.L.E run? Is he in the Kinkeshi group? And im guessing Mito was americanized into Meat for Ultimate Muscle? And final question (until i can think of more lol) are the variants based off of anything? Like for simplicity, all the Sunshines. Did he take those forms in the comics or anime or was it just to spice up the line?

I really enjoy picking your brains on these. Its like a wealth of new information from something that i collected like 25 years ago.

All the MUSCLE sculpts are derivative from the original kinnikuman line, but not all Kinnikuman sculpts were produced in MUSCLE plastic. Thats why Kinnikuman are typically classified into MUSCLE and non-MUSCLE sculpts, the latter being more popular of course.

LIke Mr. T said, the magnificent 11 are one-of-a-kind examples of non-MUSCLE scuplts as genuine MUSCLES(and we all know who discovered them). People theorize that Brocken didnt make the cut into the American MUSCLE production line because he resembles a NAZI(I think he looks more like M. Bison). They probably didnt want to produce over 400 figs for an initial production, so they narrowed the list down for whatever reasons such as seemingly antisemetic figures.

They made a few spinning head ashuramans and black hole sunshines, but probably feared that kids would choke on the small parts cutting the production short. There are only a few known examples of these. I think the satan cross is the one that got away and was mass produced as far as the non poster, non ring, and non game figures are concerned.

But yeah, Brocken is rad.

#16 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Didn't resemble a Nazi... was one.

Also I doubt production was cut short due to fear of kids choking. These were released pre-helicopter moms. Back in the days before they filed all the sharp points off all our toys, projectiles fired from toys across large rooms and you didn't have to wear a helmet for everything aside from walking.

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Come on now, Brockenman was the nazi.

#18 cmf

cmf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Didn't resemble a Nazi... was one.

Also I doubt production was cut short due to fear of kids choking. These were released pre-helicopter moms. Back in the days before they filed all the sharp points off all our toys, projectiles fired from toys across large rooms and you didn't have to wear a helmet for everything aside from walking.

Sounds like unnecessary nitpicking- Resemble...was one. Who cares? Not the point in this thread. I was just trying to provide some insight on why certain sculpts weren't produced in MUSCLE plastic in favor of others and that was how I chose to explain things. The figs on the same tree as Brocken would be excluded from production as well.

As far as the SHA and BHS production-just a theory. Maybe its becasuse the smaller parts would easily get lost and the solid sculpts are easier to produce and deal with. I dont know for sure. If someone has any other theories or knows why, then post it and keep things productive.

#19 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

No.

Only two M.U.S.C.L.E. figures have names: (1) Muscleman; and (2) Terri-Bull.

However, Kinnikuman figures all have names.

Just to be clear. ;)

#20 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Not sure what the "Point" to this thread is exactly and sorry for pointing out that something that IS something doesn't resemble it. Just wanted to clarify that he WAS IN FACT A NAZI doesn't just resemble.... not really a point of view thing. Nothing to get panties all wadded about.... just clarification.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, while Brockenman was definitely a nazi, Brocken Jr. was certainly a little more ambiguous.
One of his figures, very clearly, had a swastika arm band, so he was omitted from the line... But to answer your question, other figures from his tree(s) were included in MUSCLE.

#22 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I know lots of the transformations have a basis in the show or manga. For example, somewhere (I think U of M) they explain how the Claw is the end of a line of transformations, so several other figures are also other forms of the claw. Same thing with Sunshine. Of the clips I've seen he seems to be made of sand, so he can transform at will, and uses all of his forms in battle. Youtube is good for the more famous characters.

:yes:

Most of the Sunshine sculpts are based on the famous battle he had with Geronimo. He transforms into the pyramid, arch and top during that match.

Also there are a few characters (like Benkiman) that have sculpts based on both the anime and manga versions of a character.

Posted Image

#23 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Well, while Brockenman was definitely a nazi, Brocken Jr. was certainly a little more ambiguous.
One of his figures, very clearly, had a swastika arm band, so he was omitted from the line... But to answer your question, other figures from his tree(s) were included in MUSCLE.

Are there any figures with the swastika? I could have sworn i've seen one before

#24 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Are there any figures with the swastika? I could have sworn i've seen one before

Kinkeshi yes M.U.S.C.L.E. no.

*EDIT* I'm pretty sure I have at least one bootleg with it as well. Plus he was sporting them in the anime at least early on.

Edited by l.designs, 22 August 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#25 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Kinkeshi yes M.U.S.C.L.E. no.

*EDIT* I'm pretty sure I have at least one bootleg with it as well. Plus he was sporting them in the anime at least early on.

ohhh got ya...thanks!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com