Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 04:56 AM

Well all my molds failed to this point
i wasted about 1.5 lbs of clay

but last night i picked up 1.5 more lbs and some wax ;)
I'm trying a book about casting candles. So
anyone want Kinnikuman Candles? B)

the reason for the wax is so i can cut off arms legs heads and recast using their techniques making figures 237~300 unoffially including
-coyboy terryman
-different aliens
-and what ever your ideas are.

place your ideas here
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#2 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 05:23 AM

You want ideas?

I can tell you how to get an identical pull (With minimal loss of detail) on any MUSCLE figure you want!!!

I can also tell you EXACTLY what to cast 'em in......but you gotta make it worth my while!

I assure you I can do this, I know exactly how, since I've been working with Tools and Dies for the last 12 years, and have a LOT of experience creating toy soldiers........

if you are interested in how to do it gimme any four MUSCLEs from my list in the "Wanted" section, and I'll hook ya up!

just PM me for details........

#3 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 05:32 AM

i know what i'm doing , and that just plain scummy that you want 4 muscles
i thought this board was all for 1 and one fer all.

the fact is once i make a working cast i'm putting the instructions on my webpage for this board.

So i'll stick with my trial and error ways .
I got the time, the resources and the Muscles to make this project
worth everyones time.
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 05:48 AM

Look man, I'm not trying to rip you off, and I'm not trying to make any money off it......

fact of the matter is this: I don't have ANYTHING at the moment, and am trying to rebuild a childhood collection......Just look at my post in the "Items I need" forum

To do that, nobody seems interested in selling, only trading......I was attempting to trade information........something that would benefit you immensely, for something I needed.......MUSCLE figures......

I don't think that's a bad deal.......

for the record, Clay and Wax aren't the way to go.......you need high quality, durable molds that will grab the detail.......

Here's what I'll do.......I'll give the info right here, right now.....if you think it's valuable enough to part with a few figures after you've tried it, FINE, if not, at least you have the info, and can benefit from it yourself.......

What you need are silicone molds......which aren't hard at all to make.....

Go to the hardware store, and buy yourself a Caulking gun, and a tube of Silicone tub sealant......

make a mold box (Legos work great for this!, if nothing else, an appropriate sized cardboard box will do)

fill the mold box half way with the silicone......coat the figure with PAM COOKING SPRAY and put it in.....half way.......

when that half sets, gently remove the figure and check for imperfections, then spray the mold and figure with PAM cooking spray, and reinsert the figure......

next fill the box the rest of the way with silicone and allow to set......

once finished you should have a VERY detailed rubber mold of your figure!

next step is to remove the figure, and respray the mold with Pam Cooking spray......

rubberband the mold together (To prevent seperation) and fill it with TOOL DIP (any color....try different ones, I have different figures in BLACK that are really neat)

allow to set again, then remove from the mold, trim up any mold lines, and now you're set to customize!!!!

REMEMBER TO COAT THE MOLD WITH PAM COOKING SPRAY FOR EVERY CAST YOU DO, THIS IS IMPORTANT AS IT ACTS AS A MOLD RELEASE SO THE SILICONE DOES NOT STICK TO IT WHEN MAKING THE MOLD, AND ALSO SO THE TOOL DIP DOES NOT STICK TO THE INSIDE OF THE MOLD WHEN CASTING.......

have fun!

#5 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 07:05 AM

That's awesome!

Can you post some pictures of the figures that you have created?

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#6 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 07:12 AM

I'll try.....most of them are painted though......

just a bunch of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K miniatures.........

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 07:18 AM

and that just plain scummy....

Think about what you are saying before you post it. If you disagree, then disagree. But don't start slamming someone with negatives because you don't agree with them. Try to keep it at a higher level.

For example, Nate and myself will have a strong disagreement every once and awhile, but we keep it at a higher level and don't stoop to name calling. While we may have a high level of mutual respect for each other, we still disagree on alot of principles.

I do not wish to see our board erupt into a flame war. I will not allow it, so please, keep it above that.

Taichi asking for a few muscle for his info isn't any different then the donate buttons on your site Wars, or the Toystore links on the AKIA mainpage. We are all in this because of our love for Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E.s. We all share and contribute with our community here, but we also buy, sell and trade with each other, too.

Thanks.

#8 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:34 AM

Todays attempts 2:
Total Attempt since orginal posting: 25

But we got a mold that works!

The Model

the mold

the problem was the wax dried to quick so i couldn't get the other arm or hands ^_^
thats wax fer ya.

Tomorrow i'm getting a Bucket of silcone form the hobby store.
I used plaster to make a prototype mold.
and I'm ordering a Bucket of liquid plastic for the silcone,
First muscle to be made into a plastic mold Monkey man then The Hand
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#9 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:43 AM

Looks good so far, but still needs improvement.

Taichi seems to have a really good idea with the silicon mold. I would try that next. It seems like it could work almost perfectly.

Of coarse I will never tell how I created all of my flawless bootleg Satancrosses that you all still believe are real! Ha! Ha! ^_^

I'm kidding obviously! :(

For all of you that are new to the board, everyone first thought I was making Satancrosses before I joined the board about two months ago and explained why I had so many for sale on ebay.

I just had a lot from collecting, that's all.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#10 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:52 AM

I desprately nee a satans cross, I spend all my money on Modeling and molding supplys. leaving me with little money.

but sooner or later maybe i'll get one.
I just want to release my bootlegin fer dummies first.
so everyone can make muscles for painting and customs purposes only

(if i found people selling them i'd end up taking that secotr of my site down)
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#11 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 12:02 PM

I desprately nee a satans cross, I spend all my money on Modeling and molding supplys. leaving me with little money.

What do you have for trade? I have a few Satancrosses left I am willing to trade for some figures. Possibly any colored #189's or colored #153's?

Let me know and I'll PM you. ^_^

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#12 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 12:33 PM

Here's a tip for wax casting.....

use a soldering iron!!!

seriously.....if the wax cools too quickly and you need it to fill arms and legs, just heat it with a soldering iron until it melts again, and fills in all the extremities!!!!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com