#1 Iqus

Iqus

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:18 AM

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums.

I have acquired over 100 Dragon Ball Keshi gomu. I have both keshi gomu that originated from Gashapon and colored keshis from the Boolz French series, so I am trying to get the keshis painted as well.

I tried Games Workshop's paints and they were very sticky at first. They aren't as much anymore (after 5 months) but some of the painted figures (I gave 6 figures a white coating for testing) have lost a bit of the paint by being exposed to one another:
Attached File  yamcha.jpg   89.17K   2 downloadsAttached File  majin buu.jpg   84.4K   2 downloads

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with painting these sort of figures and what advice you would give me. I also tried a vinyl spray but that proved to be even worse, the one figure I painted with it is way more stickier than the others ever were:
Attached File  piccolo.jpg   102.92K   2 downloads

If anyone knows a safe product that would allow me to remove paint that would also come in handy.

Thanks everyone!

#2 kinghoborg

kinghoborg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:SLUG Zombies, Zbots, Louis Marx 6 inch figures

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:12 AM

I believe Simple Green takes paint off and shouldn't damage the figures. I know people use that when stripping War Hammer 40k figures.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keshi, gomu, dragon, ball, paint, craft

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com