AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

POPULAR

Hi all!

Figures arrived today. I am beyond ecstatic! :woot:

So, here are the details...

I will have these up for sale tentatively the weekend of 11/15. It's not certain though. I want to make sure I have time to pack and ship when the orders come in. I don't like to leave orders pending for more than a day.
When they go on sale, it will be here:
http://littlerubberguys.storenvy.com/

Prices will be as follows:
$4 each for the unpainted figures

Rhino_flesh_mono.jpg Scorpion_flesh_mono.jpg
Rhino_gold_mono.jpg Scorpion_gold_mono.jpg
Rhino_black_mono.jpg Scorpion_black_mono.jpg

$7 each for the painted figures.

Rhino_black_grey.jpg Scorpion_black_orange.jpg

Each figure will come with a proof of purchase sticker, redeemable for a limited edition figure. There are 4 very low run figures with special paint applications. Each figure will be redeemable (randomly) for 10 stickers.

Rhino_black_silver.jpg Scorpion_black_silver.jpg
Rhino_gold_black.jpg Scorpion_gold_black.jpg

Lastly, for those of you who are getting a freebie gold figure from the Kickstarter offer, I will either include it in your first order or if you are not one of the folks who order that first weekend, I will just ship it out by itself at the same time as the other orders. You do not have to buy anything to get your promised freebie. Although it would be great if you did, ha ha!

Thanks again for everyone who has helped with this project over the years. This is truly a dream come true!!!

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

Those figures look amazing! Great paint apps!

#3 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

Lovely toys!

#4 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

Seeing as I somehow missed the Kickstarter on these guys, I'll definitely be picking up a couple on 11/15.

#5 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

Loving the paint apps!

#6 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

I like a lot of the glyos stuff and i really enjoy the armorvors but these are the first glyos compatible mini-figures that actually seem like the action figures i used to love as a kid. The aesthetic is really neat because the proportions feel like old toy biz type figures. They look like full size action figures simply shrunk down instead of super deformed or chibi style. I think that makes them stand out from everything else and feel like a new type of toy instead of an addition to some other line of toys.

#7 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Battle Beasts 2.0 great and still classic!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#8 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

Well, those are certainly awesome! I'll be placing an order for sure when they go on sale. These are the in usual Glyos PVC, correct?

Also, is that a chile pepper shrub in the background? Nice looking plant!

#9 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Well, those are certainly awesome! I'll be placing an order for sure when they go on sale. These are the in usual Glyos PVC, correct?
Also, is that a chile pepper shrub in the background? Nice looking plant!

Yep, same PVC. Nice and sturdy yet bendy.

Chile de Arbol! I've got that, a jalapeno, an ancho, a bhut jolokia and a couple bells. The only good pics I can seem to take anymore are in the garden.
http://www.littlerub...166833&p=591166

#10 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

The painted variants look really nice.  Looking to grab a set of the unpainted peach and painted ones.  Awesome job and congrats.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Didn't chime in before but these guys look neat! I'm more into the unpainted figures but what I like about the painted ones is their interesting color scheme choices. My favorite is probably the gold scorpion due to how reversing the armor and skin color really distinguishes it from the normal and silver figures. Maybe down the road in a future release you guys could do reverse-color silver figures.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Trimmed a few things out to keep it on track.

#13 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Dig the way figures came out

#14 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Chile de Arbol! I've got that, a jalapeno, an ancho, a bhut jolokia and a couple bells. The only good pics I can seem to take anymore are in the garden.
http://www.littlerub...166833&p=591166

Nice! I've got a jalapeno, a bolivian rainbow pepper & three chile pequin (two of which the birds planted for me). Jealous of your bhut jolokia! I too love insanely hot peppers; the hottest I've tried so far was a chocolate habanero (named for the colour, not because it tastes like chocolate).

#15 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

These are looking great! So excited to see that these are now up and going. The colorways chosen so far look fantastic! Can't wait to get some of these ordered.

#16 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

I love the painted figs.  I am already excited for wave 2.  I love the metallic ones.  I am so happy to finally see this come to life.  Its been a long road, but well worth the wait, these figured are amazing.

I'm still rooting for a capybara one.

#17 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

I love the painted figs.  I am already excited for wave 2.  I love the metallic ones.  I am so happy to finally see this come to life.  Its been a long road, but well worth the wait, these figured are amazing.

I'm still rooting for a capybara one.

I am really hoping for a lizard, and ultimately, a chameleon beast. We already saw a design for a lizard back a couple years ago when initial designs were being shown, but it was in a different style than the rest of these, a little more squat and thicker in proportions, so I am not sure if we would ever see it.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

I am really hoping for a lizard, and ultimately, a chameleon beast. We already saw a design for a lizard back a couple years ago when initial designs were being shown, but it was in a different style than the rest of these, a little more squat and thicker in proportions, so I am not sure if we would ever see it.

I still want to produce that figure. If not in full PVC, then at least in resin. I would honestly love to have a spin-off line in the same proportions of the original line. But that's a ways away.

On a related note, this guy is kicking some serious ass in designing BB like figures:
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=215108
Pretty damn sweet!

#19 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

I still want to produce that figure. If not in full PVC, then at least in resin. I would honestly love to have a spin-off line in the same proportions of the original line. But that's a ways away.

On a related note, this guy is kicking some serious ass in designing BB like figures:
http://www.littlerub...howtopic=215108
Pretty damn sweet!

Id love to see that lizard get made in some capacity, either pvc or resin, I would be up for either. I loved that design.

And I actually just ordered a couple of Trent's beasts off of Shapeways before I noticed the thread here in the board. Really excited by his designs as well.

#20 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

The figures are looking great man!  Can't wait to check them out in person this weekend at DCon! Nice job.

#21 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

The figures are looking great man!  Can't wait to check them out in person this weekend at DCon! Nice job.

Wait, jkaris, are you going to be showing these off at D-Con? If so, I'm that much more excited! I'll be there on Sunday.

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

Wait, jkaris, are you going to be showing these off at D-Con? If so, I'm that much more excited! I'll be there on Sunday.

We'll be there hanging out both days. I won't have an actual booth but I will have figures with me. It'll be great to see everyone. :)

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

Some fun in the garden today:

rotb_vs_mwor.jpg
:lol:
The poor rhino will never be the same after a Kayin Kunga power slam. The scorpion made quick work of the others though.

Yes, that's my finger. I didn't notice it until now. Doh! Too dark to go snap another pic. :(

#24 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

Figures have arrived?

ABSOLUTELY!!

The attention to detail on these little buggers is just out of this world. I am also BEYOND amazed at how incredibly small they are. Karis does a fantastic job making them look good in his photos, so it's hard to tell exact size. (He's given measurements, I know, but until you have them in hand it's a different story).

Excuse my ridiculously bad photography skills. These all get taken with a cell camera, and I suck at pictures on a good day. I just wanted you all to see an outside opinion on these!

ROTB 1.jpg

They play very well with Battle Beasts, obviously.

ROTB 2.jpg

With the exception of being as bulky, they're essentially the same size as BBs.

ROTB 3.jpg

The rhino can hold weapons no problemo!

ROTB 4.jpg

Just a close up of him holding the weapon, to show there isn't any additional stress on the hand or anything. It fits in there nicely.

ROTB print 1.jpg

ROTB print 2.jpg

ROTB print 3.jpg

I talked to Karis about getting a print, and these arrived! They are bloody fantastic. The paper is really thick, and where the image is glossy, (in case my nice reflective photos didn't tell you that). Also: Hobbit feet.

All I can say is, I can't wait for the next wave of these guys. I bought five figures in total. Three for me, and two for the kiddo for Christmas, (she specifically asked for a black mono set). The prices are goddamn great, which makes it accessible for me, (being a cheap ass). More importantly, it makes the figures affordable enough to buy my kid a few also, so we can collect together.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#25 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:57 AM

Excuse my ridiculously bad photography skills. These all get taken with a cell camera, and I suck at pictures on a good day. I just wanted you all to see an outside opinion on these!

All I can say is, I can't wait for the next wave of these guys. I bought five figures in total. Three for me, and two for the kiddo for Christmas, (she specifically asked for a black mono set). The prices are goddamn great, which makes it accessible for me, (being a cheap ass). More importantly, it makes the figures affordable enough to buy my kid a few also, so we can collect together.

Despite your bad photography skills my opinion on them did not change although I have to admit you did your best doing so with those bad pictures :)

No they are just awesome and I have some waiting to come this way as well so I hope this Figures have arrived topic also goes for me soon, cannot wait to see them and hold them in hand!

Think Jon not only did great with the way they look, meaning he showed great skills finding the right artists and combine those skills in such a way those cool Beasts came out but he might have done an even bigger job working out the financial part of it because the prices are really sharp, almost cheap, making them accessible for a much wider public than just the limited amount of collectors who are willing to pay for exclusive pieces. So with that I really think Jon has created himself a line that has a huge potential because they are awesome figs and for a great price, what else could you ask for........... 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com