Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts - Series 2 Kickstarter!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#76 knightmare6

knightmare6

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

New here, sad the KS didn't make it, but looking to seeing the TF-colored figures offered at the least!

#77 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hey there!

Welcome to LRG!

#78 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

I've been meaning to share this with you guys for awhile now!

For all of us bummed about the temporary hold on weapons: Use LEGO weapons! They fit in the hands of the Rhino nicely. (And it will likely be cheaper than outfitting them with vintage BB weapons.)

I'm still on the hunt for something the scorpion can wield, I'll report back when, (if) I ever do!

12828291_10153594245659022_4219187168157655658_o.jpg

(Disclaimer: I know the orange weapon is not LEGO, but G1 Chopshop.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#79 Balok2

Balok2

Baloksblog on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Dioramas, PVC minifigs, 40mm figs, ROTB, GLYOS, and wide range of toy interests

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

It's a relief to hear that you will proceed on ROTB regardless; like last time you didn't let the Kickstarter stop you. Part of my appreciation for the line (& there are many reasons why I love ROTB) is the heart/soul/blood/sweat behind it.

#80 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

It's a relief to hear that you will proceed on ROTB regardless; like last time you didn't let the Kickstarter stop you. Part of my appreciation for the line (& there are many reasons why I love ROTB) is the heart/soul/blood/sweat behind it.

Well said Balok2!!  =)

Check out my art blog!! http://www.jafaristew.blogspot.com/

#81 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

Thanks guys!

If I'm a bit quiet, it due to work, tax season and other projects.

I'll certainly post once the next phase/order is underway. :)

#82 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

I've been meaning to share this with you guys for awhile now!

For all of us bummed about the temporary hold on weapons: Use LEGO weapons! They fit in the hands of the Rhino nicely. (And it will likely be cheaper than outfitting them with vintage BB weapons.)

I'm still on the hunt for something the scorpion can wield, I'll report back when, (if) I ever do!

attachicon.gif12828291_10153594245659022_4219187168157655658_o.jpg

(Disclaimer: I know the orange weapon is not LEGO, but G1 Chopshop.)

Dude, you don't even know...I'm an accessory fiend...I've got my Beasts wielding everything from vintage SW blasters to Playmobil (Geobra!) stuff.   B)

The ROTB guys have nice grippy mitts, like the originals.

I'll send you an awesome picture!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#83 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

I sure hope we will be seeing a gid release still. These would be awesome little dudes sitting on my shelf, glowing in all their glory. Really wanted that kickstarter glow pack release with all 6 figures.

Dude, you don't even know...I'm an accessory fiend...I've got my Beasts wielding everything from vintage SW blasters to Playmobil (Geobra!) stuff. B)
The ROTB guys have nice grippy mitts, like the originals.

I'll send you an awesome picture!

HA! I hear that. All the Glyos too. And original BB. I'm too cheap to outfit all the BB with original weapons. Some accessories even look better than the originals imo. Honestly couldn't tell you where half of the weapons come from. They are cool though. Some certainly fit better than others.

And wow! What a spaz. 2nd pic, first weapon is an accessory I have been after for several years, scouring ebay and the like. Glad you said something Tiny. And Draz for that matter. Probably been in my possession since I owned the figure.
1457916672550-2094507979.jpg 1457917345076777313242.jpg

Edited by Screamer, 13 March 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#84 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rise Of The Beasts, Kabuto Mushi, Robo Force, Glyos, MUSCLE, Mini-Figures, OMFG, Wheeled Warriors, Dino Riders, 80's cartoons, J-Rock, Masters Of The Universe, Transformers, GI Joe

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

This might make a cool castle backdrop for our future Asayid & friends figures!

Castle Lion's Den:

http://www.amazon.co...=castle playset

#85 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

C'Mon lets get some ROTB talk going! It's far to cold in here for this hot toyline!!

#86 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

C'Mon lets get some ROTB talk going! It's far to cold in here for this hot toyline!!

I hear ya. I'm bummed the kickstarter didn't reach. I was stoked on the glow editions that were going to be produced. Is it likely we will still see the glow editions? I certainly hope so.

Would it be worth trying another kickstarter campaign? Maybe a new platform or restructured. Possibly one that has a larger focus on new characters and less on weapons? I was very surprised it didn't make it last time and find it difficult to believe that there is not enough people out there to make this happen.

How could we get more and (maybe more importantly) new people interested who might not be familiar with the line? I'm not a big social media person but feel this would be a big asset in doing so. Maybe more of a buzz surrounding facebook groups could be created? Get it going on instagram? I'm not really sure how that works but I think it's clear that a larger following would help. I think it's important to find new outlets to inform people of the line, I'm just not sure what they are or how that would be executed.

Edited by Screamer, 23 May 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#87 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Hey guys!

Work has been really busy the last few months. I'm hoping it will ease up after June and I can get going on this again.

We have definitely picked up some more fans since the KS though. I have had quite a few new orders come in recently for these guys.

I'll keep you posted when things start rolling along again. :)

#88 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

Well that's great news. Looking forward to it!

#89 JafariStew

JafariStew

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

Always appreciate your words Johnny!! Thanks for the update on ROTB being back soon! Working on some new art right now!  XD Summer just got hotter!

#90 parker

parker

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:35 PM

Good to hear that. I can't wait for more of these guys.

#91 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Any update, Jon?

#92 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:09 AM

Any update, Jon?

Unfortunately, no.

I have been buried with work and family and haven't had any real time to put towards the next batch of RotB. Thing slowed down for a couple months but then picked back up the last 3-4 months.

#93 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Unfortunately, no.

I have been buried with work and family and haven't had any real time to put towards the next batch of RotB. Thing slowed down for a couple months but then picked back up the last 3-4 months.

Your loyal fanbase will be ready and waiting for the next update! No sweat, homie.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#94 ockmick

ockmick

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

Is this line now dead ? That would be a terrible shame it had such potential and fantastic sculpts .I loved the concept and would have liked to see it taken farther even if it was only conceptual art of what might have been .

#95 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

No. Not dead by any stretch, but free time is the road block right now.
I have been way too busy this last year and a half (new duties at work, home remodel, two graduating kids, etc) to move anything forward.

I was hoping to have a partial release this year (weapons pack and some GitD figures), but that isn't going to happen now.

Things should start winding down in the next few months, so I will have time to re-focus on RotB then. I am looking at 2018 now for the next batch.

#96 ockmick

ockmick

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

Thank you for your answer ,. I found this line based on battle beasts to be far superior in feature and design to the other released by mini-mates or Tomy beast saga lines and look forward to seeing it continue . You've done a great job thank you again .

#97 Thalia

Thalia

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:25 AM

What is the update for the "Rise of the Beast"?

#98 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Nothing new this year, but we will be doing something the first part of 2019. The biggest issue the last couple years has been time.

#99 parker

parker

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:53 PM

Any news yet? I got mine out again today and was reminded how cool they were.

#100 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

Hi Parker!

We do have a little something coming out in the next month or so. I put in a small order at the factory recently but need to find a free weekend to be able to pack and ship new orders, before I list them.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com