#27 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Enjoy!

That figure looks right at home with your collection. It blends in perfectly!!

...SO awesome next to the Giraffe and the color contrast with OMFG figures makes for a nice display.

As Khaomera said...when / how are these going to be made available?
Spill it man! That Lion is awesome!
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#28 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

I imagined them larger (like MOTUC or Thundercats), but they look cool ! wait & see...

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#29 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ok, so after some banter back and forth last night with one of the owners and getting some more info on their quotes from China to run these, they wanted me to put out some feeler info to you guys and get some feedback.

Initially, the idea was to go 60mm-65mm in scale, mono-colored with basic articulation. Either just the shoulders at this scale or try the neck, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees. There was also talk about non-articulated figures as well. Is this something that you guys would be interested in? If that was successful, then a Joe sized or He-Man sized release.

I've been in talks with them since June and will be handling all the marketing/promotion (and likely the distribution) for them. There are a few different properties that they have developed so far but they decided to go with the armored beast figures first, since there will be a nostalgic draw to them and thus a larger potential customer base.

So really though, what do you think about the scale of these? And what format?

Non-articulated, non painted?
Shoulder articulation, non painted?
Shoulder articulation, painted?
Full articulation, non-painted? (these are what they are currently getting quoted in China)
Full articulation, painted?

#30 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hmmm... for me, either

Non-articulated, non painted

or

Shoulder articulation, painted

for smaller figures. Never been crazy about lots of points of articulation in smaller figures.

Have really loved the designs so far!

Edit:

Whatever is decided on, wouldn't stop me from getting some figures.

Edited by khaomera, 13 January 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#31 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Looks neat. I'd be interested in a crocodile.

#32 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Athough the first one of the Lion wasn't really my thing I've to admitt that this Red Lizard/Dragon/Dinosaur figure looks pretty awesome.

So based on that I'd say; Full Articulation and painted!

But not really sure about the scale, think they'll have to decide wether they make it a BB/Muscle morph based on the scale of design looking at the prototype figure beside the orignal BB. Somehow this scale/look for me as a BB freak doesn't feel comfortable. As mentioned they're a bit to slim in my idea which is the part where the muscle feeling comes in for me. Maybe a GI Joe scale size would fit them better...

Any ideas on the arm structures, will the move like a BB arm or bend more like a GI Joe?

Think these are some crucial issues that have to be decided to position this new type of figure within the already know toy series. Since it is placed and they have the looks like a BB think they already made a choise.......?

How far is your influence within the design process going Jkaris as I think it might be interested to organise some sort of poll on here to see what most people on the board think at crucial points. I think the scale would for sure be a crucial issue in this one. Also looking at details of the original digital 3D figure that might get lost working on a to small scale, an issue you already noted in the video.

So far so good though keep other figs comming :)

Edited by GJNL, 13 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#33 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

on your video this figure, monochromatic, unpainted and this scale remind me the Yolanda toxic crusaders toys.

what about the right to recreate the BB characters ?

Edited by trumanshower, 13 January 2012 - 12:21 PM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Looks neat. I'd be interested in a crocodile.

I'll pass that along. If these go well, I am sure we will see more reptilian figures.

Any ideas on the arm structures, will the move like a BB arm or bend more like a GI Joe?

How far is your influence within the design process going Jkaris as I think it might be interested to organise some sort of poll on here to see what most people on the board think at crucial points. I think the scale would for sure be a crucial issue in this one. Also looking at details of the original digital 3D figure that might get lost working on a to small scale, an issue you already noted in the video.

So far so good though keep other figs comming :)

On the arms, it depends on what the factory can do. If more than just shoulder articulation, then they will bend at the elbows. There is talk of a swivel in the upper arms, like Joes do.

As far as my influence, I am working with them to figure out what to go with first, based on what I know from being with you guys for years and the feedback you guys put in now. In the end, it's their decision, but they want to launch a successful line, not something that will fizzle. That is why feedback early on is so important.

On the details, I was told that this is because of the way the prototype was manufactured. Anything injection molded would keep the full set of details, minus ones adjusted for articulation points.

what about the right to recreate the BB characters ?

From talking to them, I think getting a license from Takara for the original characters wouldn't be feasible, price wise.

BTW, I saw a rendering of a squat BB styled figure that you guys would love. I'll see if I can post it at some point.

#35 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Smaller, mono minis all the way. I would probably be more tempted to splurge and buy the whole line.
I am partial to miniatures that DON'T have articulation, but I may be in the minority.

#36 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

i really like the look of the prototype, so any or no-articulated with no paint figure would be awesome. I'd prefer no articulation as i wont be actually playing with these, but being able to display in poses would be cool. :)

#37 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Way cool!!

#38 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

So really though, what do you think about the scale of these? And what format?

Non-articulated, non painted?
Shoulder articulation, non painted?
Shoulder articulation, painted?
Full articulation, non-painted? (these are what they are currently getting quoted in China)
Full articulation, painted?

What kind of costs are we looking at? OMFG pricing or MOTUC pricing? :)

If they're unpainted, non-articulated is fine. Since they're similar in size to the OMFGs, I'd be fine if they were similarly single-colored and non-articulated. Crawdad Kid looks like he might fit in next to these guys nicely.

If weapons are included, I'd expect at least one shoulder joint. (Think Galactic Heroes/Super Hero Squad.) Just enough to raise an arm so they can "fight" would be nice.

...personally I'd rather hear more about the squat guys. And I dunno about most of you but a very large number of my purchases are determined by price-- like many, these guys are probably going on a shelf anyway, so a joint or two for weapon/gravity-related purposes is all I would need.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#39 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

I say painted and shoulder articulation only. Mini figs with lots of articulation tend to fall over. I prefer painted figs over mono colored figs too for some reason. Looks like DST will have some competition now. Waited too long to do anything with their line.

I also think it would be nice to keep them the same scale as the reg BB. As of now they look a little taller.

#40 Scorpidius

Scorpidius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Definitely painted for me. Don't mind on the articulation though, but I am one for painted figures.

#41 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Shoulder articulation and painted for me. If not painted they will more look like a MUSCLE than a BB. At this scale articulations are not so interesting. But if they ever made a MOTUC or GI Joe scale line then it would be a good idea to add more articulations.

#42 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Damn, these are badass and I would get some for sure if the price was right. I would like to see painted and fully articulated myself....

Edited by Clawfreak, 13 January 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#43 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Because of the style of this line and the inclusion of weapons, I think minimal articulation at the shoulder is a must. A figure this detailed and with the ability to wield and swap weapons, forever doomed to hold them horizontally, feels wrong. I don't have anything against them being fully articulated either, but it depends on how they're defining "fully articulated". The shoulder swivel, hinge elbow, and bicep swivel you're talking about sounds great for starters. Personally, I'd be totally satisfied with adding a waist swivel to that and calling it a done deal. Enough articulation to be dynamic without sacrificing the ability to stand. Bonus points if Glyos-compatible~.

Non-painted is my preference regardless of articulation type. If this line was a flat-out redux of the Battle Beast style, I'd say painted is a must, but the style of these do not look friendly to factory-paint application. I'd trust painted figs at the Joe scale, but not these.

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

yeah thats what i was thinking as well. at this size the paint apps would be very hit and miss. i say mono-colored and whoever wants them painted there are plenty here on the board that can do an amazing job. :)

#45 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wow, these are super cool! I love that first guy. It shouldnt come as a surprise that id prefer these guys to stay just like the proto: nonarticulated, monocolored, and mini. However, if they are looking to appeal to the most collectors, i think theyre gonna have to make them articulated and painted. If they were to go the mini route, i think an independent line like toy boarders might be a good model.

http://minifigures.b...y-boarders.html

However, i think there best bet with this line is to appeal to bb collectors which means painted and articulated. However, if they go with a larger size, they might get lost in the shuffle of all the other motu like action figures. Also, at a larger size with articulation and paint, they will probably be more expensive. I suppose theyd be more like the independent outer spacemen toy line, which i dont know too much about.
Posted Image

#46 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Sorry for a couple noob questions.

What line is ROBT?
Is this a kickstarter deal again?

I like it, what ever it is.

No Paint and No/Little Articulation, Please.

Edited by PimpNugget, 13 January 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

ROTB is the initials of the line's name. You are more than welcome to put out some guesses. That should be entertaining. :lol:

I'll post the full name once I get the ok. Likely after the artwork for the site and packaging is complete.

As far as Kickstarter goes, maybe. That is something that appealed to them when they saw the success of OMFG's Kickstarter project. Myself, I think that would be a great way for them to gauge how popular/successful the line would be. If I can talk them into going that route, I will, but in the end, it's up to them.

#48 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

I mean, I guess pain is east enough to strip off...
But I hope that they are small enough to fit in with the rest of my collection. Any larger/more articulated, and I may buy a figu or two for the novelty's sake, but that is about it.
I will flat out BLOW money on minis, though. Sad, but true.

#49 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

ROTB is the initials of the line's name. You are more than welcome to put out some guesses. That should be entertaining. :lol:

I will start with an easy one : Return Of The Beasts

#50 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'll post the full name once I get the ok. Likely after the artwork for the site and packaging is complete.

As far as Kickstarter goes, maybe. That is something that appealed to them when they saw the success of OMFG's Kickstarter project. Myself, I think that would be a great way for them to gauge how popular/successful the line would be. If I can talk them into going that route, I will, but in the end, it's up to them.

Rage
Of
The
Beasts

Roids
On
The
Butt

Ripped
On
The
Booze

I guess paint and articulation would be cool.
As long as paint doesn't get used as a replacement for detailed sculpts.
More Battle Beast than M.U.S.C.L.E.

The way I see paint is that it tends to be used as a cover up of a bad scupt.
MIMP sculpts got weeker and weeker when paint started being applied.
The new trash figures and crazy bones I think would also be in that week sculpt catagory.

Edited by PimpNugget, 13 January 2012 - 08:58 PM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com