Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts! Help us Kickstart this new toyline!

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hello all!

As you've heard over the last few weeks, Plastic Imagination is putting out a new line of warrior beast figures called Rise of the Beasts. Initially they were going to release one figure at a time, but in light of the massive success of October Toys' Kickstarter for O.M.F.G., they decided to put it up on Kickstarter and try to get all 4 figures released as the initial offering.

The 4 figures, as you have seen will be a lion, gorilla, horned toad and komodo dragon. The first three will have a leaner, more proportional body style, similar to He-Man, Thundercats, etc. The 4th figure, the komodo will be shorter and squatter, similar to Battle Beasts! All beasts will come with a weapon and in painted and unpainted formats, so you'll be able to get the best of both worlds. The leaner figures will come with 3 points of articulation (neck and shoulders) while the shorter figure will have only shoulder articulation.

There are a TON of different Reward Levels that you can commit to, so whether you want just a single painted figure, a full set of 8, 25 of the same figure or even a large run in your own paint scheme, the Kickstarter project will have it all!

Posted Image

The Kickstarter goal amount covers production, inspection and shipping. If this launch is as successful then we can all look forward to the exciting Series 2 of Rise of The Beasts!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here and I will answer them as they come.

As far as my involvement goes, LittleRubberGuys.com will initially be handling all marketing and distribution for the new line. And let me tell you, I am pretty damn stoked! :woot:

Here is the link to the Kickstarter page.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1658393310/rise-of-the-beasts-series-1

Please take a look, pick a pledge level and support this line which is not only for the fans but by the fans! If the project is a success, we should be holding these new figures in our hands by July!

#2 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

:fop: !!

Edited by Articulationnut, 13 February 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#3 Scorpidius

Scorpidius

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Ooohhh!!

http://www.riseofthebeasts.com/

#4 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

The third figure is awesome!

#5 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Only 1 month to raise the money? It seems like it might take more than a month to raise the $11,000.

I won't be contributing, but I will post this on some other forums.

Posted on dinotoyforum and TNI

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 13 February 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#6 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Posted in October Toys.

http://www.octoberto...wforum.php?f=30

#7 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm not a huge fan of this scale of figure, however, that Dragon one with the mace looks effing sweet. The high roller pledge where you get to pic your own color schemes seems pretty cool. Judging anything off the OMFG success and how desirable they are among collectors it may be profitable to do something like that (the big pledge). I dont have the cash now, but im just throwing that out there. Good luck with this endeavor Johnny, they look cool.

#8 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Are there exclusive colors for pledging or are the ones you get from pledging the same as the figs they'll be releasing for sale?

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#9 turbopistola

turbopistola

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

This looks amazing ! I will definitely be backing it later this week. good luck Jon!

#10 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm a backer...

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Are there exclusive colors for pledging or are the ones you get from pledging the same as the figs they'll be releasing for sale?

That's a great question. I'll talk it over with the guys from P! and let you know asap.

#12 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

looks cool! glad to see you got peter hernandez on board for some creation. good luck to you!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Only 1 month to raise the money? It seems like it might take more than a month to raise the $11,000.

I won't be contributing, but I will post this on some other forums.

Posted on dinotoyforum and TNI

Thanks for spreading the word!

In regards to 30 days, yep. OMFG met it's target in a lot less than 30 days, so the thinking is that if this line is going to be as successful as anticipated, then it should have no problems funding in 30.

#14 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for spreading the word!

In regards to 30 days, yep. OMFG met it's target in a lot less than 30 days, so the thinking is that if this line is going to be as successful as anticipated, then it should have no problems funding in 30.

Same length of time from being funded to getting toy too? No biggie, just curious.

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Same length of time from being funded to getting toy too? No biggie, just curious.

Yes.
It's about 45-60 days from the time payment is sent to the factory to the time they ship and then about 6-8 weeks to get the figures here via boat. So if successful, you are looking at having them in hand sometime late July.

#16 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will be contributing soon~! These look great, can't wait. :)

#17 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I put a link up on my shop Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Shop1321/172308962861000

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put up some cash for this!

And if you want to like my page..... :)

Edit: Just threw down $30!

Edited by Scar1321, 13 February 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#18 tofudrifter81

tofudrifter81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, MUSCLE, BB, RoboTech, Sprial Zone, SD Gundam

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

I just pledged $45 on it, GO John GO !!!!!!
"They didn't make me Captain because I could sail"

#19 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Ok some questions, or request to repeat in case I missed out on those;

- A sticker!? Like rubsign style that has to be placed on the figs afterwards or is factory placed?
Or is it the bubble gum idea that includes a sticker of the fig? :)

- On the painted ones, I assume the armor and details are painted?
So based on that the pics of the Gorilla and Horned Toad (for me its definetely not a Toad though) should become the exact painted ones right?

Although I'm not really sure on the actuall painted ones, maybe its better to update the actuall pics/renders of both to get a little bit more feeling with them instead of the description, I might go for an army builder option as the 'Horned Toad' is surely my favorite.

$11.000 is a lot of money though.............. and if there are no big spenders (shops/ or whatever) joining I've my doubts if this limit will be reached with just all of us. Of course most of would like to hold these figs but we need a lot of BACK UP!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

- A sticker!? Like rubsign style that has to be placed on the figs afterwards or is factory placed?
Or is it the bubble gum idea that includes a sticker of the fig? :)

No rubsigns, sorry. Their lawyer wasn't ready to walk that close to the line, so no. The sticker will be a logo/character sticker. Design hasn't been finalized yet, but soon. Now, that doesn't meant hat some enterprising soul won't be making some to fit on the figures themselves. :lol: However, they won't be coming from P! or LRG.

- On the painted ones, I assume the armor and details are painted?
So based on that the pics of the Gorilla and Horned Toad (for me its definetely not a Toad though) should become the exact painted ones right?

Yes, as close as a factory painted figures can be to the colored 3d renderings.

Although I'm not really sure on the actuall painted ones, maybe its better to update the actuall pics/renders of both to get a little bit more feeling with them instead of the description, I might go for an army builder option as the 'Horned Toad' is surely my favorite.

Yep, the 3d guy is reworking some of the art (as well as applying the color to the lion). He should be done soon as well.

$11.000 is a lot of money though.............. and if there are no big spenders (shops/ or whatever) joining I've my doubts if this limit will be reached with just all of us. Of course most of would like to hold these figs but we need a lot of BACK UP!

Basing this on the OMFG launch, which is where the optimism for the ROTB Kickstarter came from, even if you took out the 4 different $1000 backers from the OMFG one, their goal of $11,000 was reached. The way that this goal is going to be reached is the same, totally by word of mouth. If you visit other toy message boards, please, definitely mention the project. I am also guessing that once this has been posted to the He-Man boards, that there will be a huge influx from them as well, as the styling is reminiscent to MOTU stuff. If you guys can get people to the Kickstarter page, mini-figure collectors will fall in love with the figures and designs as much as we have.

#21 GormTransMonsters

GormTransMonsters

Die-Hard Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Mini Monocoloured Rubber and Plastic Figures from everywhere. Mainly MIMPs, Gormiti, OMFG!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Very cool figures!!
The third figures remember me something like Dinosaucers...
It's just amazing in these days are coming out a lot of new toy lines everywhere.
I bought: New 6 TFC transformers Constructicons Hercules that's an awesome and huge figure,
Crossfire Causality Fansproject Insecticons GREAT TRIO OF TF CUSTOMS!
some MIMP's lots on Ebay, OMFG! in Exclusive Green from JK and I'd like to buy also some leviathan customs, :joecool:
There is only one problem.... I FINISHED MY MONEY IN TOYS!!!! :teehee:

Edited by GormTransMonsters, 13 February 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#22 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

I am also guessing that once this has been posted to the He-Man boards, that there will be a huge influx from them as well, as the styling is reminiscent to MOTU stuff. If you guys can get people to the Kickstarter page, mini-figure collectors will fall in love with the figures and designs as much as we have.

Posted:
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?221028-Rise-of-the-Beasts!
Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Posted:
http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?221028-Rise-of-the-Beasts!

Thanks!!!

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Here are some high-res shots:

First is the gorilla head. Originally the artist came up with something that looked more like a neanderthal (inset). When he redid it, we got the awesomeness you see here:
rotb-gorilla-head.jpg

Here is a larger image of the figure itself.
rotb-gorilla-front-side.jpg

And the Horned Toad. Yes, it's a lizard. Not sure why they call it a toad.
rotb-hornedtoad-front-side.jpg

#25 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Thanks!!!

I might be throwing a few dollars at this. I could use that Leo for my collection. I didn't see paypal listed any plans on adding paypal?

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com