Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is Kinnikuman Great's official color?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

So i've seen numerous pictures of Kinnikuman Great, and I know he appeared as both Prince Kamehame and Terryman in the original series, but what color should he be? I know Kamehame was depicted as red in the anime series, but Kinnikuman Great appeared to be black.

Was this just a case of Toei not knowing the true identity/intended color for the character at the time of production, or was this correct and then changed later (perhaps over fears of racial stereotyping. like with Mr. Popo in DBZ, although I highly doubt this).

Later in the series it even appears he has a red body with a black mask.....it's all got pretty confusing, although I think the same can be said about other characters such as Robinmask and Warsman, who's manga colours now differ from those of the original anime.

Perhaps like Araki, Yudetamago doesn't want to be tied down to colors and likes to use multiple schemes for each character??

Anyway, I'd like know know if anyone has any answers....official responses?

Thanks.

#2 MEGATRON

MEGATRON

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

I want the original anime look - all black with the orange track pants. 

0bfb7186.jpg

#3 BAPESTER

BAPESTER

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

I have only seen the original comic(manga) and not the tv show or 2nd generation.  but as far as I know, in the comic the mask is black and the body is black because the original prince Kamehame wanted to show a younger look, instead of his old body.  I believe that the skin color was also black in order to bring Terryman into the story as Kinnikuman's partner after Kamehame dies.  so in my book the original color of Kinnikuman Great is all black.

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

Did they pull a Nick Fury here?

#5 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

His main manga colour is red. The black colour is mainly for when it's shown in black & white, and used in the anime. So you can say it's both red and black, depending on which colour scheme you go for.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com