• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:32 AM

What games are you playing and on what systems are you playing them.

Wii: Zack & Wiki, Mario Kart, Star Soldier, Tetris Party.
360: Xmen-3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Chrome hounds
360 xbla: Marble blast ultra, Geometry Wars2
PC: X-com series
Going to pick up Vigilante 8 for the 360 xbla today when I get home. Loved the second one on the dreamcast.

Edited by Adamantiumwulf, 05 November 2008 - 07:32 AM.

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#2 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

Wii: mario cart

Wii virtual console: Sonic the hedgehog (megadrive version)

NDS: my japenese coach, puzzle quest, Tetris when i am bored. was playing a megaman game but got stuck. pokemon diamond (recently went to the Darkari event)

i also play lots of NDS games that i download using the M3 simply (yes i know its naughty bad)

PC: emulated version of FF VIII (not much a bit bored of it as i played it right after VII)

Gamecube: recently finished pokemon XD

Snes: i get out pop and twinbee or super smash TV now and then
often play random snes/megadrive/other old console games that i have collections of or on emulator (zsnes etc....)

also recently re-played Darkages 1 : the continents (by michael hoopman) a qbasic dos game.

pocket billiards is my favourite game for one.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#3 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

I'm still involved with the Magic: The Gathering community. I would say 'playing,' but most of the time I'm actually judging the tournaments, not playing the game. Such is the tragedy of the certified judge.

I'm also playing a decent amount of Cheapass Games, the most brilliant games ever designed.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#4 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Cheapass games are awesome! I <3 Save Docter Lucky!,

Wii: Lego batman (92%)

Online: www.kingdomofloathing.com <---Prehaps the greatest game ever

and in RL I'm mostly playing Munchkin!

Edited by Malosavich, 05 November 2008 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

just bought the new castlevania!!! other than that i'm not really playing anything else. technically i haven't even started to play castlevania. i'm gonna whip it out tomorrow after my surgery and play it when i'm not doing homework or working on my fac 15 entry.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

The new DS Castlevania, right? Man, i need to pick that up...i didn't even know it was coming out until i saw it in a store like a week ago. My game news is weak lately.

As for stuff i'm playing, hmmm... I'm kind of between games. The wifebot and i just finished up Lego Batman on the 360 (100% and all Achievements), and i don't really have anything new to play right now. She's playing Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii (i got it for my birthday in August and haven't even touched it yet), and i'm kinda messing around in Half-Life 2, just trying to wrap up some stray Achievements here and there.

A while back i was going to play through all the NES Dragon Warrior games, and i played through 1 (which i've beaten a million times over since i was like nine), and got a good chunk into 2, then kinda quit. I might go back to that endeavor, but i have a hard time sitting down and playing games right now, i just really don't feel like i should. Stupid to-do list. :verymad:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

TES 5: Oblivion with Guns.

No really, Fallout 3 feels like playing Oblivion, only in a wasteland and with guns. And a ton less bloom. It's great :verymad:
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#8 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

the world of goo (wiiware)

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:09 AM

The new DS Castlevania, right? Man, i need to pick that up...i didn't even know it was coming out until i saw it in a store like a week ago. My game news is weak lately.

A while back i was going to play through all the NES Dragon Warrior games, and i played through 1 (which i've beaten a million times over since i was like nine), and got a good chunk into 2, then kinda quit. I might go back to that endeavor, but i have a hard time sitting down and playing games right now, i just really don't feel like i should. Stupid to-do list. :confused:

yeah, the ds castlevania, order of ecclesia. my friend won't shut the eff up about it. there's been a lot of talk about how hard it is, but i believe that these douches are the same ones who couldn't beat portrait of ruin on the level 1 max option. i'm not too worried about it. there's another castlevania game coming out for the wii this christmas. castlevania judgment is a fighting game. i really wish it was 2d instead of 3d. seems like every time they try to enter the third dimension with castlevania it's a huge embarassing failure.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#10 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

As for stuff i'm playing, hmmm... I'm kind of between games. The wifebot and i just finished up Lego Batman on the 360 (100% and all Achievements), and i don't really have anything new to play right now. She's playing Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii (i got it for my birthday in August and haven't even touched it yet), and i'm kinda messing around in Half-Life 2, just trying to wrap up some stray Achievements here and there.

I finished getting the last few items I needed for Xmen-3 last night so It is 100% complete. Up next I dunno. I need to go back to Half life and pick up some achievements and finish up episode 2. I finished episode 1 with all achievements, the one free bullet achievement really helps you get a good feel for how useful and fun the gravity gun is.

Mario galaxy is a great game. A lot of fun game play and level design and plenty of challenge if you want to get all 242 stars.

Apricot how is the world of goo? I have thought that it looked like a interesting game.

Anyone with a 360 feel free to add me to your friends list. Gamertag is Dudeur

Edited by Adamantiumwulf, 06 November 2008 - 07:01 AM.

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

I finished getting the last few items I needed for Xmen-3 last night so It is 100% complete. Up next I dunno. I need to go back to Half life and pick up some achievements and finish up episode 2. I finished episode 1 with all achievements, the one free bullet achievement really helps you get a good feel for how useful and fun the gravity gun is.

Yeah, i got the One Free Bullet achievement my first time through episode 1. I was actually kinda disappointed. When you go through Ravenholm with only the Gravity Gun in the main game, it's a challenge because you're the only one there, and you *have* to find things to use as GG ammo. In Episode 1 it felt like most of the time i could just run and hide while Alex or whatever her name is gradually gunned down all the enemies. I didn't really start getting a lot of kills on my own until i got the crowbar. :confused:

It was a satisfying achievement to get though, i'm glad i went ahead and did it my first time through. I do have to replay and get the zombieque achievement though, i think it was the only one i missed.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

NDS: ...Tetris when i am bored...

I play it when I shizznit!

I also play Dice Wars at work when I just want to rest for like 10 minutes.

I'd love to buy Wii or a PS3, but I just don't have the time. What I really need is a great game to play on the DS, because as much as I love Tetris (and I love it) sometimes I want to play something else.

#13 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

What I really need is a great game to play on the DS, because as much as I love Tetris (and I love it) sometimes I want to play something else.

If you like Tetris, chances are you'd enjoy Puzzle Quest.

:confused:
Posted Image

#14 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is one of the most challenging, thought-provoking games you can own on the DS. I wholeheartedly recommend it, especially if you want something you can play in small doses.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#15 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Ok, I'll try and check those out. Thanks!

#16 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, i got the One Free Bullet achievement my first time through episode 1. I was actually kinda disappointed. When you go through Ravenholm with only the Gravity Gun in the main game, it's a challenge because you're the only one there, and you *have* to find things to use as GG ammo. In Episode 1 it felt like most of the time i could just run and hide while Alex or whatever her name is gradually gunned down all the enemies. I didn't really start getting a lot of kills on my own until i got the crowbar. :huh:

It was a satisfying achievement to get though, i'm glad i went ahead and did it my first time through. I do have to replay and get the zombieque achievement though, i think it was the only one i missed.

Techniqualy I got the achievement my second time through. I beat all of them on the PC orange box then picked up the orange box for the 360. It is a really great series with a good story line.

I had to replay for the zombieque achievement too. I got freakin 14 by the time I got on the elevator. Restart that level and look for flares at the begining and it will be a snap.

#17 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

I have the new DS Castlevania, but I still haven't finished Dawn of Sorrow, so I'd like to finish that first. I'm also playing Legend of Kage 2 on the DS.

PSP - Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure.
XBox - Otogi: Myth of Demons
PlayStation - Bushido Blade
Mega Drive - True Lies
SNES - Super Metroid
GP2X - Cave Story
PC - Grand Theft Auto (free download from Rockstar Classics!)

Yep, that's what I'm playing at the moment. Also addicted to Bop It Extreme 2, my sister got it for her birthday yesterday and we haven't been able to put it down!

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#18 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

World of Warcraft
playing Warcraft III again too to kinda get into the mood for the new expansion I guess.

Pokemon on the DS when i'm at school.

That's about it right now. My NES needs to be cleaned so ;)

And yeah, Professor Layton and the Curious Village is pretty fun so I will also recommend checking it out.

#19 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:12 AM

World of Warcraft

And yeah, Professor Layton and the Curious Village is pretty fun so I will also recommend checking it out.

Hi my name is Adamantiumwulf and I am a recovering WoW addict. I have been WoW free for over 6 months.

I have no plans to go back any time soon. $40 bucks is a horrible price for an expansion.

Prof layton is a good puzzler/thinking game. Puzzle quest will keep you busy for a long time.

#20 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:14 AM

Prof layton is a good puzzler/thinking game. Puzzle quest will keep you busy for a long time.

How did all of you guys hear about these two? I would have never picked them up (not that I have yet).

#21 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:10 AM

How did all of you guys hear about these two? I would have never picked them up (not that I have yet).

Puzzle quest I picked up by accident. It was on sale and thought it was a different game. Started playing it and was impressed. The misses plays it a TON more then I do. It is her DS.

Prof layton I read some things about it and had a friend that picked it up and showed me. Prof layton has also released a few extra puzzles that you can download for free.

I also frequent a few gaming sites and forum or two.

#22 Apricot

Apricot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:painting, music, film, cream cheese

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:11 AM

Apricot how is the world of goo? I have thought that it looked like a interesting game.

it's really cool... it's like a physics type game (you build towers and bridges and stuff like that) mixed with lemmings.

#23 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

What I really need is a great game to play on the DS, because as much as I love Tetris (and I love it) sometimes I want to play something else.

:clapping:

as i said before i play puzzle quest on the DS i have played it through the story moed a couple of times.

The problem with it i find is that you can only go upto level 50 and the story mode is far to short.

Once you have all the good spells you can pretty much hammer the fu ck our of anything ( apart form arboleich) changing the colour of gems and making the enemy miss turns. sometimes you can win battles only using spells it, well maybe on giant rats at least.

it would be really good if they made the story mode a lot more open ended so that you could do missions and stuff even after you have faced lord bane.

it could also be sorted out so that when you create rune items you actually know which part of the body it equips on so you dont spend ages trying to create a really tough item to find it equips somwhere you didnt realise.

its well addictive and playable but a sequal could be the best if it sorts its stuff out.

Tetris ds: anyone else apart from me find themselves messing up trying to complete the 200 lines by watching the top screen too much? especially after the mario bits are over.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#24 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:10 AM

:clapping:

as i said before i play puzzle quest on the DS i have played it through the story moed a couple of times.

The problem with it i find is that you can only go upto level 50 and the story mode is far to short.

Once you have all the good spells you can pretty much hammer the fu ck our of anything ( apart form arboleich) changing the colour of gems and making the enemy miss turns. sometimes you can win battles only using spells it, well maybe on giant rats at least.

it would be really good if they made the story mode a lot more open ended so that you could do missions and stuff even after you have faced lord bane.

it could also be sorted out so that when you create rune items you actually know which part of the body it equips on so you dont spend ages trying to create a really tough item to find it equips somwhere you didnt realise.

its well addictive and playable but a sequal could be the best if it sorts its stuff out.

Tetris ds: anyone else apart from me find themselves messing up trying to complete the 200 lines by watching the top screen too much? especially after the mario bits are over.

Edit: Veers i normally dl each joda rompack off the pirate bay and check out the games before i decide ones to actually buy. i found puzzle quest there.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#25 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:09 AM

My wife bought Professor Layton based solely on the display art they had up at Gamestop. She saw it like two days before release, two days later we were at Target picking it up. I didn't even really know what to expect out of it, but luckily it was pretty amazing. Looks like a simple game at first, but so many of the puzzles are incredibly challenging.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com