#51 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

Anyone get their copy yet? Mine arrived today. Here's what I been able to figure out so far. There are two main modes, arcade and tag tournament. In arcade mode, you fight 7 guys in a row, get end credits, and then you win 7 toys (not sure if this number changes when you change difficulty since I am not sure which option is difficulty or if you even have the option to change difficulty.) I have beaten arcade mode once with Kevin Mask and received figures 20, 31, 254, 282, 306, 369, 374. I am not sure if the figures you get are random or if you get the same figures per character per difficultly level (again, if difficulty is adjustable).

Under the gallery of the toys you have collected is a list of 32 hidden characters that you free up by collecting a certain figure or figures. (For instance, screw kid is unlocked by collecting figure 115, the one of himself with the drill hands, while to free the cracked Sunshine, you must collect his top, pyramid, and bridge forms.) The only exception is character 9, Kinkotsuman, who I guess you get as a freebie when you click on him and press triangle. There are 18 characters to start with, so with the extra 32, that's 50 total. I assume Kinnikuman Ataru must be freed up in the tag tournament mode which will give you the 51 total characters.

Tag mode is the tag tournament that took place in the second half of book 17 through the end of book 23 in the manga. I played with Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Great, but lost in the finals to Robin Mask and Warsman.

Anyway, if you guys have any questions, I'll try to answer as best as I can!

(One last thing I forgot, your memory save will show how many characters you have (for me it's currently 19) and what your complete percentage is (mine is currently 001%).

Edited by Zombie, 04 March 2006 - 02:48 PM.

#52 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:08 PM

Voices, music, stages, opening theme, characters, wireless, the like whenever you can.
Is the opening music the same as the previous game or different for one?

#53 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

Voices, music, stages, opening theme, characters, wireless, the like whenever you can.
Is the opening music the same as the previous game or different for one?

What are you asking about exactly as far as voices and music? I'll get the characters and stages for you sometime tonight (preparing to leave to watch the UFC PPV and don't have time at the moment). Not sure about wireless mode, no one else I know has the game. The Opening Theme is Kinnikuman Go Fight, the one used on the anime. It's kind of like as if it was a movie preview to the tag tournament, showing move highlights and team names, etc.

Anyway, I asked my friend to let me borrow his digicam tonight. I'll try to take some screenshots and video of the opening.

#54 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:42 AM

Characters you start with:
Kinnikuman
Terryman
Buffaloman
Robin Mask
Broken Jr.
Warsman
Ashuraman
Rikishiman
Geronimo
Kinnikuman Great (Kamehame)
Mongolman
Sunshine
Ricardo
Kid Muscle
Terry Kenyon
Wally Tusket
Gazelleman
Kevin Mask

(I don't think there are multiple palettes this time, so you can't have Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman vs. Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman, all in different colors like the Gamecube version. Once Kinnikuman is choosen, he can not be choosen a second time in that match.)

Stages:
outdoor grass stadium
floating ring (where Robin Mask fought Atlantis I think)
grand canyon (robin mask vs. kinnikuman)
the several level ring
stadium with snow covered mountains in the backround
ring with bed of nails outside
ring with stone hand holding it up (I think)

I remember most of these from the PS2 version, so I am not sure which ones, if any, are new. I tried taking pics, but I can't get the camera to focus right on the screen and it looks pretty blurry, going to try again some more tommorrow.

Ok, more about toy collection. I've been playing half asleep, so I might not have been focusing/concentrating right, but here is what I figure right now. You get 7 figs for beating arcade mode, or 8 figs if the character you use will give you a toy you need. For instance, here are needed figs for the characters I have used so far:
Kevin Mask: None
Robin Mask: Barracuda figure to unlock Mr. Barracuda
Mr. Baracuda: None
Kinnikuman: a Akuma Shogun figure needed as 1 of 2 figures to unlock Goldman
Kid Muscle: Kinnikuman with cape figure to unlock Kinnikuman with cape

More on Tag mode. I notice now you have two options with computer matches. You can skip match and the winner will be as it was in the manga or you can watch match (and choose to quit out right away if you don't feel like sitting through it.) and the winner is random (which is how I fought Robin/Warsman in the finals before). I choose Kinnikuman/Kinnikuman Great again and this time beat it while choosing to skip all matches. I ended up winning the tournament and getting 4 toys, 1 which was a Kinnikuman Great fig which freed up Kinnikuman Great (Terryman) for play. I played and won the tournament again using Broken/Rikishi and only received 3 toys for winning, none needed to unlock characters.

So, anyway, I haven't replayed with any of these characters a second time through to confirm same results, but it seems pretty likely that since the figures needed to release characters are closely related to the character used, that these figures are not random. I am assuming the rest of figures you receive are random however.

#55 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:41 AM

Oh. My. God.

I just looked at Kid Muscle's movelist for the arcade game, and from what I could read, HE HAS MUSCLE GRAVITY.

Can't believe it.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#56 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:38 AM

You sure you can't select different costumes like Mongolman's shoulder pad, or any characters anime colours if availiable like Robin Mask and Ashuraman (and a big majority). It's usually done by selecting them with a different button.

#57 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

I'm 99% certain there are no other colors for characters. I've tried selecting every way I can think of with no luck, and none of the characters I've fought have ever looked different.

#58 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

Ok, it turns out that when you beat the arcade mode with Akuma Shogun, you receive the part 30 coin which unlocks second costumes for everyone. (Thanks to AKofTroy for translating that screen for me.)

Attached Files

#59 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

Say, have you got any new characters? And have you got Ataru yet either? I still haven't got the game yet.

#60 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

Yup, I've unlocked all the characters. Screw Kid, Kendaman, and Kinnikuman Ataru are the only new characters. Screw Kid kind of creeps me out. He comes off as some S&M guy to me (not that I've been to any S&M establishments <_<). (by the way, my last post was wrong. It appears you get the coin when you've unlocked around 45-46 characters, not specifically for doing it with Akuma Shogun.) Sorry I never provided pictures. I could never get stuff moving to not look blurry when photographed and pausing it brought up a menu and darkened the screen, so that would have made for a shizznitty photo as well.

One odd note about the toy mode, there are only 475 toys to collect. This includes Kinnikuman line parts 1-30, 91 series, the painted Nisei figs from Japan, the posed move figures that came with the PS2 game, but only 2 of the 10 figures that came with the GC game. Not sure why they left the other 8 out.

One last thing, Mayumi's alternative costume is hilarious. Not sure if it is the same as the PS2 version.

#61 chucky

chucky

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:42 AM

WOOHOO i just ordred it should come soon :devil:

#62 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

I hope there will be a port of the arcade grand prix game onto a 128 bit console, this game rox

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com