• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

Everytime I try an image search for Kinnikuman, I always see these images of what seems to be a 2D game, which I figured to be a fan game. I was curious and checked it a few months ago, and I was more curious since last week or so. I only seen clips and stuff, seems to go alright, sound was ripped from the TV series, a big vast majority of characters and such. I didn't try to download it, as most of it is in Japanese, and other issues. Here are some sites I found concerning it.
http://www.gamesworld.jp/MF/
http://www.2dbattle.jp/
http://www.gamesworl...ANUAL/index.htm
So has anyone heard of this, tried it, or not?

#2 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

I have played it on my old laptop. This game is pure gold, let me tell ya. There's only Arcade and VS modes, but the number of characters is just unbelieveable. Recommended play all the way. :blink:
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#3 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

I tried to play it, but the menu and options before playing come up in giberish, so I coundn't play it (or understand what I needed to download to play).

#4 abakiller

abakiller

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

I'm having the same problem.
Game Over... LOSER!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#5 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

I got the title screen, MIDI, and character selection working, but it only shows one character, and when I select it, the program requires another program that is probably called something like "IBU" blah-blah-blah.

Edited by parrothead, 09 April 2006 - 01:44 PM.

#6 abakiller

abakiller

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

I can't even get that far. I've used Japanese characters, demos, ect in the translated Fighter Maker 95 before, so I don't know why none of the game won't work. It doesn't even recognize it as Fighter Maker data. I'm obviously missing something, but who knows what.

Edited by abakiller, 13 April 2006 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

#7 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:02 PM

I noticed the files from this link are better than the ones from this link, because it has an opening. This other link might be helpful.

Here is what my problem looks like. It's when that pop-up tells me that it couldn't find that "IBU" file, I don't know where to download it.

Posted Image

*sigh* I which that the same people who created the Kinnikuman characters for Fighter Maker would convert them to M.U.G.E.N.

Edited by parrothead, 26 April 2006 - 11:12 PM.

#8 abakiller

abakiller

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:13 AM

*sigh* I which that the same people who created the Kinnikuman characters for Fighter Maker would convert them to M.U.G.E.N.

I'd love that.
Posted Image

#9 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

where can I download this game?

#10 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:58 PM

See this pic, the downloads in the red rectangle are the downloads you need, the optional ones are, well, optional. The ones in the green rectangle are the characters. To find out who they are, just lay your cursor over one of them, and look on the bottom of your browser to see their Japanese names.

To enter that page, click here.

Edited by parrothead, 19 August 2006 - 10:19 PM.

#11 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:47 AM

See this pic, the downloads in the red rectangle are the downloads you need, the optional ones are, well, optional. The ones in the green rectangle are the characters. To find out who they are, just lay your cursor over one of them, and look on the bottom of your browser to see their Japanese names.

Like I said before, this other link might also be helpful.

I downloaded the essential files but how am I supposed to install or launch the game? there's no file.exe

#12 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

I downloaded the essential files but how am I supposed to install or launch the game? there's no file.exe

|1.| Extract the files using either Extract Now or another program that extracts .lzh files.

|2.| Take all the files out of the folders (including the characters'), and put them into the main program's folder.

|3.| Start up the program (besure to set the joypad/keyboard settings).

NOTE: This is how I started it up, but after I select a character, it tells me that it requires something, then it closes the program.

#13 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

|1.| Extract the files using either Extract Now or another program that extracts .lzh files.

|2.| Take all the files out of the folders (including the characters'), and put them into the main program's folder.

NOTE: This is how I started it up, but after I select a character, it tells me that it requires something, then it closes the program.

I'm missing one point, where is the main program you're talking about?

#14 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

The main program's icon looks like a man shooting a Hadoken fireball-like move.

#15 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

The main program's icon looks like a man shooting a Hadoken fireball-like move.

I regret I never learned japanese during my childhood, anyway my question was where I could download this main program for running the game there's no such icon in the files that I've downloaded from the 1st rectangle, could you show me the download link for this main program or at least tell me which one it is? thanks for your patience

#16 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

UPDATE: I found the program, now I'm gonna see if I can run this darned game properly

2nd UPDATE: here's the missing file error that comes up even before I choose a character:

Posted Image

Edited by buffaloman, 30 April 2006 - 03:02 PM.

#17 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

Try downloading the optional files.

#18 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

Try downloading the optional files.

I think I'm very close to the solution (after one night messing around with these files) looks like winrar has sme flaws and doesn't extract .izh files properly, the program that you should use to extract the archives is called LHASA, by using this program I managed to play the game and beat the shizznit outta ramenman, then I added the other characters but for some odd reason they don't appear in he menu, guess I'm gonna blow one more day to find out what's wrong.

UPDATE: I managed to make the characters appear, I guess the only thing left to do is learning all the secret moves :wacko: if you have any question just ask me, if you can't be bothered to waste your monday extracting and moving files I could rar my working folder with all the characters and send it to you guys, it should work in theory, you guys lemme know.

Edited by buffaloman, 30 April 2006 - 09:49 PM.

#19 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

How do I use LHASA?

#20 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

How do I use LHASA?

have u installed it already? select each archive, press the mouse right button and open it with lhasa ("open with" then browse the programs folder till u find it), a folder should appear with the containing extracted files, move them to the game folder, repeat until you move them all, same procedure with the characters archives.
Lemme know if it works.

if you have msn messanger my address is pandaman1978@hotmail.com

Edited by buffaloman, 01 May 2006 - 10:05 PM.

#21 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:17 AM

This game seems to work perfectly on Windows XP with SP2 installed. Being able to play it again on my new laptop made my day.

The official site has a move list. If anyone's looking for it, I'll tell you which links to click.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#22 Ataru Muscle

Ataru Muscle

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:29 AM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't Figure This out. How exactly did you get it to play

#23 parrothead

parrothead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

Hey, buffaloman, can you send LHASA by e-Mail? Here is my e-Mail Address:

cgarner1985@charter.net

#24 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hey, buffaloman, can you send LHASA by e-Mail? Here is my e-Mail Address:

cgarner1985@charter.net

try this link http://www.falcom.co...ublic/Lhasa.exe

#25 Kin

Kin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

Dont forget to put every file in the same folder.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com