• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Couple new pieces I've picked up for my Spanish BDC collection. I've had all the figures for quite some time, but I just got the weapons in, including the ultra rare blue crab variant, which I believe was available only as a mail away offer. I believe another board member has a few of these blue weapons, but in my 7 years of collecting I've never seen any others in anyone's collection, let alone any offered up for sale. Id say this is one of the coolest pieces I've ever picked up. And at this point there is not much left out there that I don't already have. Oh, the "metallic" rhino is pretty sweet too. Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

So what's the story behind these? I love the way they look! First off, what does BDC mean? :) And is this all of them?

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Congrats mate, did it take so long for the weapons to get to you or did you just had the time to picture them? 

We´ll go deeper into these BDC with the Archeology project along the way but the Blue ones were indeed an option to get with the mail away offer, if you were lucky. 

On the top left of the Spanish Cards (2 figs on the card just like the others we know) the was this option to get 4 weapons GRATIS (for free) if you´d return this to a certain address. Not sure if this was something they did from the beginning or whether it was just a period for some kind of extra promotion but that´s were these Blue weapons came from, most just got Gold or Silver BDC weapons returned by the way. Would´ve loved to get my hands on them as well but I know their in good hands now as well ;) 

BDC = Bestias de Combate aka Spanish BB 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Congrats mate, did it take so long for the weapons to get to you or did you just had the time to picture them?
We´ll go deeper into these BDC with the Archeology project along the way but the Blue ones were indeed an option to get with the mail away offer, if you were lucky.
On the top left of the Spanish Cards (2 figs on the card just like the others we know) the was this option to get 4 weapons GRATIS (for free) if you´d return this to a certain address. Not sure if this was something they did from the beginning or whether it was just a period for some kind of extra promotion but that´s were these Blue weapons came from, most just got Gold or Silver BDC weapons returned by the way. Would´ve loved to get my hands on them as well but I know their in good hands now as well ;)

BDC = Bestias de Combate aka Spanish BB

Well said.

Also, with BDC most of figures coloration and paint quality are quite different than the regular US version. For example the crusty crab is much lighter, while the grizzly bear is much darker than the us version. And then there are a few that have turned with a strangely metallic paint job such as the rhino, but not all rhinos are like this as I have seen one for sale that was not like this. The other figures that have turned up with the metallic paint are the porcupine and buffalo.

Edited by yaggi482, 27 July 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#5 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• 460 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

I won the auction on eBay about 2 1/2 months ago, but forgot I was moving from my apartment 2 weeks later. I setup mail forwarding, but they had already been shipped to my old address. By the time I moved they still hadn't arrived. 2 weeks later they still hadn't shown up. I called the post office and went back to my old apartment and didn't find anything. I was starting to think they were lost in the mail or on their way back to Spain. But then about a week later they showed up at my new house. Needless to say I was excited. All said it took about 5-6 weeks to arrive after thinking they were gone!

Edited by yaggi482, 27 July 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com