15 replies to this topic

#1 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

Okay, sorry if anyone came into this thread because they seen the title and thought "Holy eff is this film happening?" well, as far as I know, no it's not. It's just something I've been thinking to myself about lately and I'm considerably new to collecting M.U.S.C.L.E figures, or any figures for that matter. I have just grown very passionate about these figures and the thought of a documentary being made regarding M.U.S.C.L.E. has been crossing my mind a lot lately. As mentioned, I am new, so this very well may have already been a topic that has been discussed in the past, I'm not sure. I've been on LRG now for like a month I think? and I haven't really tried too hard trying to figure everything out other then posting figures on here for sale, for example.... Last night I spent 3 if not close to 4 hours going through Musclefigures.com making myself a Class A cheat sheet, I was so proud, then today I got on here and to post this thread I'm posting now and NOTICED! Like two years ago a Class A cheat sheet was already created and pinned right at the very top of the board! Couldn't believe it! Any who... To what this thread was created for, I think a M.U.S.C.L.E. documentary would be amazing, kind of how they did The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Just Idk, dig real deep and find people who worked in the factories when M.U.S.C.L.E. were being made, or the main bosses, whatever, figure out why figures that shouldn't be around are around and why so few of this color were made, why is there a grape claw with other figures on one tree (if that's real? Idk). Why are a majority of the Class A's from around Canada (I think I read that), even a stupid question I'd ask is "How come you used all the secondary colors but left yellow out?", lmao. What's up with Satan Cross not being apart of the regular set but he's available in packages of 4's and 10's? Along with these other figures like what's up with the other Satan Cross variations, drunken master, and so on and now there's a Dr. Bonbe in a 10 pack apparently, yadda yadda. Even ask why did you choose the 233+ figures to release and not others, I mean there's a lot of cools Keshi sculpts that didn't make it to the American version. Could even throw together a tour of M.U.S.C.L.E. events to interview collectors and see their collections and what's their favorite figures, so many questions could be asked that need answers instead of theories from collectors. This documentary could answer questions, it could show how passionate and maybe how a little too passionate some collectors are and what not, Idk. I know I kinda strung some shit together in here but I get too into what I'm typing and just keep going, lol, so hopefully whoever decides to read this understands, lmao. All I'm saying is it would be cool, too bad there wasn't like a "Class A" celebrity that was super passionate about M.U.S.C.L.E. and decided to make this happen, hahah! Also, maybe some of this shit I'm talking here does already have the questions answered, if so, tell me, lmao. Anyone know why the didn't make yellow figures? lmfao!

#2 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:17 AM

http://blog.uofmuscl...log/archeology/

I tried to answer those questions.

And six people would watch that movie. Maybe twelve if we told our mothers.

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

Maybe twelve if we told our mothers.

msfq907.gif

#4 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

http://blog.uofmuscl...log/archeology/

I tried to answer those questions.

And six people would watch that movie. Maybe twelve if we told our mothers.

Lmao! I'm kinda new to the forum, so didn't know what to expect, but honestly I thought this thread would generate some friendly conversations. But apparently I'm the only one who REALLY REALLY would love for that to happen, haha!

#5 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

with the new release of MOTUSCLE, Suckle, and  the custom bootleg figures that everyone is making, maybe now more then ever somethign like this would work. everything from my childhood is retro now and popular again. For a toy line that didnt have a cartoon or anything else to support it in the 80's,and being Pink, it had a lasting effect on people. And it has so many un answered questions. We would all look bad like the guys in fist full of quaters but it still would be cool to be part of something like this. eff with Netflix making stuff like fuller house, why not a Muscle movie

#6 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:21 AM

with the new release of MOTUSCLE, Suckle, and  the custom bootleg figures that everyone is making, maybe now more then ever somethign like this would work. everything from my childhood is retro now and popular again. For a toy line that didnt have a cartoon or anything else to support it in the 80's,and being Pink, it had a lasting effect on people. And it has so many un answered questions. We would all look bad like the guys in fist full of quaters but it still would be cool to be part of something like this. eff with Netflix making stuff like fuller house, why not a Muscle movie

See there we go! About time we got some enthusiasm in here! If I had the money, I'd make it happen, so if one day I end up with the money, I'm gonna make it happen! 

#7 typicalstereo

typicalstereo

Half Ironman/Half Sausage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Looking for Germs, McNuggets, WoN Mario stuff, and Friday the 13th (and horror in general).

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

kickstart that project!

#8 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

go hunt down the people who have these super rares interview them find out where they got the figures.

#9 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

kickstart that project!

Good idea!

go hunt down the people who have these super rares interview them find out where they got the figures.

Sounds good!

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

You can find out about the bulk of them right here:
http://www.littlerub...topic=9766&st=0

As far a making a fan movie goes, hit up Fuzzbuster. He is a HUGE M.U.S.C.L.E. fan and a great videographer.

I agree with Veers though, there won't be a huge following for it. But hey, you never know.

#11 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

You can find out about the bulk of them right here:
http://www.littlerub...topic=9766&st=0

As far a making a fan movie goes, hit up Fuzzbuster. He is a HUGE M.U.S.C.L.E. fan and a great videographer.

I agree with Veers though, there won't be a huge following for it. But hey, you never know.

I some what agree when it comes to not many people would see it, but I think at the same time it could kinda be a "cult" hit like King of Kong and The Devil and Daniel Johnston, those two documentaries were created I feel like just for the hell of it, like who really cares about these two dudes who at one point in time let arcade games take over their lives, lol, but it's freaking awesome! Or this dude who makes cassettes of his music and works at mcdonalds giving customers his cassettes, lol, the shit is just cool. It's way cooler when it's something you've never heard of and don't know shit about, I think a lot of people would be like "What the hell is this? Muscle figures? Whatever, I'll check it out" and then FALL IN LOVE WITH IT! lol.

#12 cloning007

cloning007

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

Watch The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

that movie is so depressing...

#14 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

"Wonderful" Whites - ??   Ughhh.  Filth that shouldn't be breathing my air nor eating up taxpayer dollars.

Guess they didn't go with the original title, 'Pillhead Trash From Hell', eh?

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#15 T.O.Y.M.E.E.T.S.W.O.R.L.D.

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

"Wonderful" Whites - ??   Ughhh.  Filth that shouldn't be breathing my air nor eating up taxpayer dollars.

Guess they didn't go with the original title, 'Pillhead Trash From Hell', eh?

Lmao! What on earth is that? Documentary about drug addicts?

#16 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Lmao! What on earth is that? Documentary about drug addicts?

yup, oddly enough brought to you by the same guys who made Jackass

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M.U.S.C.L.E., musclefigures, minifigs, minifigures, documentary

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com