Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Forgotten Toy line name

Best Answer TinyPink , 11 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

Monster in my Pocket?  Fistful of Aliens?

Look here:

https://www.google.c...KHZ1JDwQQsAQIGw

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Unyaro

Unyaro

I have an FoA problem, and I'm okay with it!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Fistful of Power, Z-Bots, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, Gundam converge mini's, Dragon anything.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

Hello everyone,

First off I apologies, as this will be slightly different than other threads as I have no images (and currently no examples) of what im trying to identify. I've been searching for a week to figure out the name of this line so I can further research it while I try to find my collection at my parents old house. Below is the information I know...

Look: Figures are small mutant aliens with multiple body colors (not all solid) and no weapons. I would say very similar to a Battle Beast but no heat activated section. One major identification item I remember is they always had numbers on the bottom of there feet, if I remember correctly this was similar to a "toughness" value for actually playing a game with them vs other monsters. They were also not very highly detailed as say something from a war hammer figure would be. Also most figures I had were unique and I had quite a few, I don't know I had 1 double at all. I believe they came in sets of 4?

Additional information I remember...

UPC turn in's: I had so many of these when I was younger that turning in the UPCs from the back of the box got you perks, in particular I remember special "Gold" monsters you could get this way and only this way. They had drastically larger "Toughness" values on them and came in a nice plastic hard case. I remember getting (3) of these special ones.

Ship: If I remember correctly there was a ship in a set I had purchased, it opened up and could double as a carrying case. That's about all I remember from this as its a little hazy.

Timeline/ purchase: I've limited the time I purchased these to early to mid 90s and all of my figures were purchased at the now out of business Ames store in Northeast USA.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions, I was out of options figuring it out so I hope you gents can assist. I was unable to find images, information, a name or anything on these online anywhere.

Edited by Unyaro, 11 December 2015 - 01:48 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------- My FoA Collection ----------------------------------------------------------

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:58 PM   Best Answer

Monster in my Pocket?  Fistful of Aliens?

Look here:

https://www.google.c...KHZ1JDwQQsAQIGw

Edited by TinyPink, 11 December 2015 - 02:00 PM.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#3 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

The first thing that come to my mind when you say mutant aliens with number on their feet.

is fistful of alien

http://www.mindspring.com/~dmalderman/foa/images/battlepack.jpg

Ring a bell?

#4 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of Aliens, Fistful of Power, Z-Bots, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, Gundam converge mini's, Dragon anything.

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

Wow you guys are quick! Looks like it was Fistful of Aliens (I googled some images)! Thanks a ton!

-------------------------------------------------------------- My FoA Collection ----------------------------------------------------------

#5 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Wow you guys are quick! Looks like it was Fistful of Aliens (I googled some images)! Thanks a ton!

Talk to Ironmask, he's big into them.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#6 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

I agree with TinyPink and 108KickBack.  It also sounds as though you had the rare RAMM trio as well!  Just a warning that some of these things are super expensive, but now that you know what they are, you probably saw some previous Ebay auctions.  Also, if you see someone selling some, don't be afraid to ask if the price is fair, we can do our best to point you in the right direction!

Also, welcome to LRGs!

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

#7 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

So now that I figured out the name and could google some info I know i have the following from memory...

The SciRoid Battleship (with the silver masters)

Special Edition RAMM's (mail-in premium)
                  -Rammerface, Rammstash, & Rammworm

Jangutz Khan (mail-in premium)

and a ton of the standard figures. Now I just need to find where they were stashed away!

Thanks again for the help guys!

Edited by Unyaro, 11 December 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#8 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Oldgamer i did look up some pricing just to get an idea and WOW yes they are worth quite a bit! I think they would look awesome on my gameroom wall on a nice shelf though :)

#9 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

Assuming you're remembering correctly, you basically had every single rare thing about this collection. Which would be pretty cool/insane.

It would be comparatively easy for you to complete a full set if you have those things lying around.

Edited by Draznar, 11 December 2015 - 08:21 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

I think your parents just sold your collection bro! 

http://www.ebay.com/...5255&rmvSB=true

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10724 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

Either that, or this was fairly savvy advertising.

#12 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

I havent even found them yet so not my stuff haha, highly unlikely I still have the boxes other than the plastic ones that held the mail in guys. Also I will not be selling them, they will be going on display in my game room. Im heading there today to search so wish me luck!

Edited by Unyaro, 12 December 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#13 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

I havent even found them yet so not my stuff haha, highly unlikely I still have the boxes other than the plastic ones that held the mail in guys. Also I will not be selling them, they will be going on display in my game room. Im heading there today to search so wish me luck!

Good luck!  Let us know if you can find 'em!

Either that, or this was fairly savvy advertising.

Haha, the timing on this was terrible.  Had the auction still been open, it could have been a "one and done" for him to get virtually the whole collection.

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

#14 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

Oh those old things?  Sweetie, you must have taken them with you when you left...

[wink-wink, fourth wall]

#15 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

Ok so I didnt find everything but it gives me hope that everything is there hiding someplace (BUT LOOK WHAT I DID FIND!). I was amazed I even found an original box which i was sure i wouldnt have!

Also found a TON of other little guys that I have no idea what they are from, anyone able to help me ID these?? (starting to label them as I ID them)

Fistful of Aliens SciRod Battleship, Fistful of Aliens Blue pod

20151212_155326_zpsthhvgmaw.jpg

Exo Squad 1993 J.T. Marsh Aerial Attack E-Frame 6 (still missing 1 missle, interior guy figure)

20151212_155340_zps6iw30oyb.jpg

Assorted Z-Bots some with the Z chest emblem and some with only 1993 L.G.T.I. markings)

Going from left to right and then down to the next line (like reading a book, then series #)...

Nasher (3), Nasher(3), Air Razor(3), Air Razor(3), Stelthoid(1,Flymitrons), Ka(1,Linkbot), Zoo(1,Linkbot), Paragon(1, Copbot)

Skyviper(BK Promo), Skyviper(BK Promo), Skrap(1,Linkbot), Ba(1,Linkbot), Hea(1,linkbot), Zentor(1,Robochamps), Toze(3)

Bugeye(BK Promo), Bugeye(BK Promo), Kon(1,Linkbot), Beedy(3), Repzilla(3,Bitebots), Ton(1,Linkbots), Wasp+Win+Go=Waspwingo(1,Linkbots, Go is broken), Blastakon(3,Morphbots)

Khann(1,Clashmasters), Worpex(3), Scrag(3), Per(1,Linkbots), Terrakon(3,Morphbots)

20151212_155548_zpsbyqdqjbf.jpg

20151212_155832_zpscuk3k720.jpg

20151212_160004_zpsoxyf11in.jpg

Micro Machines?

20151212_160035_zpsomcjpvoo.jpg

??

20151212_160051_zpsk01ysvbo.jpg

Jarassic Park (dont know where from), and a Starwars land speeder (dont know where from, I know there is a storm trooper i have yet to find that goes with it)

20151212_160102_zps7xtfdsez.jpg

T.M.N.T. Metalhead, GI JOE Cobra Firefly v2

20151212_160107_zpsx5zo6s5u.jpg

Edited by Unyaro, 13 December 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#16 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

unfortunately i didnt find any of the figures today, just the battleship and the little pod.

#17 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

Awesome, man!  Ditch that ship and put a down payment on a house!   ;)

Hmmm....I see Z-Bots, Soma stuff, TMNT Metalhead, Jurassic stuff, etc..

Fun! :)

#18 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Yea ill be going back to dig some more, i REALLY want to find the figures... they must be in a box someplace all together. SO much stuff back in the attic its hard to even move around.

#19 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

Yea ill be going back to dig some more, i REALLY want to find the figures... they must be in a box someplace all together. SO much stuff back in the attic its hard to even move around.

Doubtful that you'd have much that I'd care for (differing childhood eras), but if you do, I'd love to cherry pick your memories!  (wrings hands maniacally, twiddles mustache)

:lol:

#20 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

I cant wait to see the other stuff!

#21 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

The 2nd pic is an Exo Squad toy and the 3rd pic is a bunch of ZBots.

Thank you

#22 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

The small cars and places look to be micro machines.

#23 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

unfortunately i didnt find any of the figures today, just the battleship and the little pod.

The sciroid ship with it's box alone is a pretty sweet find. Even better if you find the figures.

Get those bad boys displayed safely!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#24 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:01 AM

Knowing my younger me if I find one figure there going to all be there along with the battleship metal looking guys and the blasters.Im also guessing they cant be far off from where i found the battleship but I was being rushed yesterday for a xmas party and the boxes were stacked a mile high.

#25 Unyaro

Unyaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

Had a chance to ID all the z-bots individually, names and series #s are with the image. Anyone here collect z-bots? I wouldnt mind getting a non-broken Go to fix my linkbot set, maybe we could work a trade.

Edited by Unyaro, 13 December 2015 - 07:54 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com