• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Here are some really good pictures from popvinyls.com

I noticed that no packaging whatsoever has been presented for these.

Question. 

Who thinks these are going to be marketed as "GPK" and who thinks they are going to be marketed as "Garbage Pail Kids" ???

Attached Files

#27 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

I think these look fantastic. Hope they do well and get a few series.

#28 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

And there it is... GPK. Ha!

Attached Files

#29 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

They turned out considerably better than I expected. Still, a third series of Minikins would open my wallet much quicker.

#30 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

And there it is... GPK. Ha!

I saw these blind boxes at Toys R Us today for $8.99 each. All characters are a 1/12 chance. I might get one when I have a couple rewards coupons to burn.

#31 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I love the heads, hate the bodies

#32 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

I love the heads, hate the bodies

Same here.  The heads are really something, but those bodies, ughhh.  I suppose they figure that every mass marketed mini available at retail these days has to fit into that hideous super deformed/kid robot style in order to appeal to 20-somethings.   :rolleyes:

In nearly every facet of pop culture, macrocephaly has taken over!!    :lol:

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#33 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

I actually like the style on these...they remind me of the Madball Head poppers!!...though i do hate the style of most funko pop big head type stuff!

#34 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!

Here is my ADAM Bomb directly next to a Cheap Toy and a Minikin for size comparison.

Attached Files

#35 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

If I was brand manager, I'd have opted for Madballs-style GPKs.  Hollow rubber or vinyl, save on torso production, catch the fans of both properties that naturally go hand in hand.  Series after series, dozens (hundreds) of GPK Madballs produced cheaply and successfully.

Although I'm not sold on that overused body type, I gotta say your picture is really selling me, Steve.  Those heads are how I'd imagined GPK toys should look back when I was ten.    B)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#36 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

Anyway, a set on ebay is about $80 or $6.66 per figure. 

Retail is 8.99 per figure or $107.88 per case (plus tax).

I went ahead and went to TRU today based on IWAO's tip. 

They had the case which was already down five figures.  Of the seven left, I decided to buy the heaviest and and hope for ADAM Bomb.  And it was!

The body is hard plastic and the head is hollow.  There is articulation at the shoulders and neck.  Accessories are separate pieces of plastic. Adam's explosions is a separate piece -- so it disassembles and fits in the box.  It is definitely bigger than all other mystery minis.  This figure is 5 inches tall (with the explosion).

#37 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

I had no idea there was going to be a blind bag element to these. I enjoy the surprise factor with mini-figures but I don't think it appeals to me in this case. Still, I'm not a fan of the Funko stuff but again these did turn out a lot better than I anticipated.

#38 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Yeah man, they are indeed blind-boxed -- but -- as noted, if you buy the case, you will have a full set. 

Some other things I have noticed:

1. The box is stylized to look like an old wax-pack, faux-folds and everything.  Nice touch.

2. The names as stylized in all caps.  DEAD TED instead of Dead TED (cards) or Dead Ted (Minikins).

3.  TEEVEE STEEVIE is spelled like the cards instead of TV Stevie (Minikins).

4. CLARK CAN'T is here using his "b name" instead of Nat Nerd (Minikins).

5. The only characters here that were not also Minikins are ALI GATOR and GHASTLY ASHLEY.

6.  As I expected, "GPK"  logo is the only logo used.  It is on four panels, "Garbage Pail Kids" logo is on zero.

7. These are made in Vietnam.  All other mystery minis have been made in China.  I guess this means no "factory rejects" on ebay.

8.  EU distribution is by Underground Toys

Australia distribution is by Ikon Collectables

Japan distribution is by Hot Toys

China and Asia distribution is by MINDstyle

9.  There is this cool, classy text on the box:

The GPK figures in this collection are inspired by the original Garbage Pail Kids collectible sticker cards introduced by Topps in 1985.

Combining spectacular artwork and over-the-top satire, the original sticker series was an inspired collaboration between avant-garde cartoonists and humorists including Art Spiegelman, Mark Newgarden, John Pound, Tom Bunk, Jay Lynch and others. 

Topps and Funko invite you, our new generation of GPK fans, to continue to enjoy this pop-culture phenomenon. 

Edited by steverotters, 14 July 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#39 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Are you on the payroll, Rotters? I think you convinced me to pick a few up! Haha. That is some cool detail on the box; they did their homework. I had no idea Art Spiegelman had anything to do with GPK. I read his Maus books in college and saw him speak at Eastern Michigan University in 2003.

#40 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

Are you on the payroll, Rotters?

>> I wish!

That is some cool detail on the box; they did their homework.

>>or read wikipedia. :) I still think it was a classy touch.  No other mystery minis have had that sort of copy.

One more thing that I noticed:

10.  NASTY NICK does not have his doll!  6 of 12 have accessories, but not Nick's famous dollie.  Why? It's a parody of Barbie that essentially would be a knock-off old-school Barbie if made as an accessory. I'll be on the look out for some tiny doll at thrift shops now.  Hahaha.

Attached Files

#41 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

These are at Walgreens now -- of all places.

$8.50 each which also makes it the cheapest price anywhere.

While Walgreens has had Mystery Minis in the past, they have only been top-tier -- Disney, Marvel, DC, and Walking Dead.  That's it. 

No HTTYD, NMBC, GOT, Minions, Sci-Fi, Horror, Hello Kitty, HOTS, Pocket God, etc

Never thought they would get GPK, for sure, since they've never carried the cards either! 

Anyway, each store has about six packs.  Get them while you still can!

#42 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

I know it's old news, but I just got this guy and he might be my favorite figure ever.

Attached Files

#43 Harigorasu

Harigorasu

Collecting Budder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Toys: robots or monsters, '70s to present.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

I know it's old news, but I just got this guy and he might be my favorite figure ever.

I gotta say, I really like these guys too.

I'm really not a fan of Funko stuff in general, but regardless of the overused body casts on these, the heads and overall paintwork make them a 'must-have' for any Garbage Pail Kids collector IMO.

I've purchased 5 of them from Walgreen's, and plan on getting more.

Edited by Harigorasu, 24 March 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Slowly paying off 40 years of lost/broken/confiscated toy karma with my hard-earned cash by re-accumulating:

M.U.S.C.L.E./Battle Beasts/Fistful of Power/Keshi/Trash Bag Bunch/Z-Bots/SOMA Robots, Ninjas, Monsters & Wrestlers/vending toys/Slurfies/Uggly Wugglies /

Capsule Chogokin/G1 Transformers/Bot Shots/POPY Machine Robo/Bandai Scale Robo/Go Bots/Tomy Starriors & Zoids/Starcom Shadow Parasites/

Select Convertors/Rock Lords/Takara Kronoform/Orguss/'80s rayguns/Sega TYCO Pocket Power/Diener Spacemen & Dinosaurs

Knockoffs One-offs & Bootlegs or any combination of the above.

:M:

#44 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

I ended up with a pair of these bulbous-headed tykes (New Wave Dave & Teevee Stevie) and I quite enjoy them. I do a price check every time I go into Walgreen's, as the one nearest me always seems to have a couple on hand, but the price hasn't budged since they first hit the shelves. Any word on a second series?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com