#1 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:10 PM

Hi
Is the figure in the below link an authentic Stone Cobra? Looks a little light in the colouring?

http://page4.auction...ction/d52810529

Thanks
Eaon

#2 abathalon

abathalon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:35 AM

Hi
Is the figure in the below link an authentic Stone Cobra? Looks a little light in the colouring?

http://page4.auction...ction/d52810529

Thanks
Eaon

It looks alright to me. Might just be the lighting that make it looks paler.

Andre
I'm not a nerd...Nerds are smart.

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:50 AM

It is real...

I only made 2 that looked real close...

That is not a GB custom...now that doesn't mean that there couldn't be another person that has the capablities to make them like I do...not likely (because it ain't easy), but, it is possible.

TGB

#4 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

I think its real.

However, there was a guy who did make a bunch of fakes in Japan a few years back, apparently they were done really well.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#5 QuickTron

QuickTron

the beast world most wanted human

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:46 PM

yah i seen one on E-bay it going for a $100.00 yeah like i'm going to pay for that pice of plastic
If you ride the lighting you get burned

Posted Image

"@#&% you Simba! The cycle of life ends here."

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:26 PM

yah i seen one on E-bay it going for a $100.00 yeah like i'm going to pay for that pice of plastic

Real Stone Cobras sell for $250+

If you think $100 is too expensive for a "pice of plastic," then collecting high LB's and rarities is not for you.

TGB

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:09 PM

The one on Yahoo Japan ended at $245

The one on eBay ended at $380

Go figure.

#8 QuickTron

QuickTron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:16 AM

Real Stone Cobras sell for $250+

If you think $100 is too expensive for a "pice of plastic," then collecting high LB's and rarities is not for you.

TGB

nope i guess not

Posted Image

#9 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole...but, seriously...only 1-88 figures are less than $20-$25 each mint and complete...anything rare like a clear carp, clear gator, striped carp, stone cobra, or #'s 89-112 are all gonna be out of realm of reasonably priced plastic.

Crap, I even saw some of Dabbuu's 3rd series BB's go for $25+ just recently!!! That is crazy, but, due to their rarity and the more BB collectors...that is the reality of collecting these ultra cool figures.

ANyway, sorry if I came off jerky...I didn't mean to.

TGB

#10 QuickTron

QuickTron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:50 AM

well i have to say i kind of went off the deep end my self. sorry to say but my step dad does not like me getting toys and stuff. so i have had a bit of him in me. no hard fellings. ( firends :angry: )

the reason i'm not jumby in this cobra is (1) where is the rub sticker. (2) it must have a weapon (3) there has to be prof that it's rare and not a bubble gum beast.

im really picky when it come to this stuff you know how it is.

Posted Image

#11 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

1) There were 2 waves of stone cobras. First came without any sticker and second came with a sticker representing a sun if I'm right.

2) the Stone Cobras were send without any weapon

3) the Stone Cobras were mail away prize if you had bought both Phoenix base and Sunburst set in Japan. It is sure it was not a gumbal figure.

Hope that helped you.

Sylvain

#12 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:34 PM

1) There were 2 waves of stone cobras. First came without any sticker and second came with a sticker representing a sun if I'm right.

2) the Stone Cobras were send without any weapon

3) the Stone Cobras were mail away prize if you had bought both Phoenix base and Sunburst set in Japan. It is sure it was not a gumbal figure.

Hope that helped you.

Sylvain

Hey,

1) I think you are wrong about this, as I have spoken to a lot of Battle Beast collectors in Japan. There were two waves of stone cobras. The first one sold out rather quickly as only 50-100 were made, 50 according to most opinions. But due to their demand a second wave of them did come out. The amount that came out in the second run is disagreed upon but apparently most of them weren't redeemed and were consequentially destroyed.

2) true niether release came with a weapon

3) also true

dabbuu
Posted Image

#13 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:38 PM

Also both waves didn't have a hologram

dabbuu
Posted Image

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:41 PM

Also both waves didn't have a hologram

dabbuu

I never said the stickers on the second wave were holograms. They were just stickers and I made a mistake. They represent a lion head insead of a sun. I can't find the picture that proove this but I know someone in Japan have this cobra with sticker.

Sylvain

#15 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

Sorry I was unclear, I meant anything on thier chest no stone cobra came with anything on their chest. Whether sticker hologram or anything.

dabbuu
Posted Image

#16 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:02 AM

How can you say that there was nothing on the Cobra's chest ? Have you a proof of that ?

I can tell you that some years ago a stone cobra was sold off yahoo japan in a lot. This Cobra had a sticker on its chest and this sticker represents a lion head.

If I had said you 2 years ago that a blue drill exists I'm sure you would have said that I was wrong.

Sylvain

#17 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:26 PM

Guys,

I am gonna play devil's addvocate...

What if............

There was some Japanese customizers/factory worker/anyone, that had the ability to reproduce the rubs? I am sure it is possible...TF's had heat rubs...so how does anyone know if that rub wasn't repro or from another toy line?

Everything IS possible...

I never knew that there were reproduction Stone Cobras made in Japan...

The strangest thing to me when I got my 1st Striped Carp and then held Lazorlion's Stone Cobra in my hand...is that these 2 variations are NOT marbled plastic (like what I make), but, rather a marbled coating on only the surface of the figure! Dabbuu, how does one distinguish between a REAL Stone Cobra and a Japanese repro one? Mine are easy...they are softer plastic (the only 2 I made), and are marbled in the plastic...so the bottom of the feet are marbled too.

TGB

#18 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:29 PM

What about the ultra, super-duper rare "Stoned Cobra," the one that came with the doobie rub?
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#19 droid77

droid77

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

What about the ultra, super-duper rare "Stoned Cobra," the one that came with the doobie rub?

the one with a bong for a weapon?

I had him but I lost it :*(
sometimes his attacks are sneak attacks

#20 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

*found picture of ultra-super duper rare stoned cobra* i have one left, would be willing to trade for blue drill, mail away prize drill and your mom...any takers?
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#21 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:24 AM

*found picture of ultra-super duper rare stoned cobra* i have one left, would be willing to trade for blue drill, mail away prize drill and your mom...any takers?

Great photoshop Will!!! :huh:

That is SUPER funny.... :blink:

TGB

#22 droid77

droid77

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:40 PM

I call first dibs on that. Mom is unavailable but I can send my white trash neighbor's daughter.
sometimes his attacks are sneak attacks

#23 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

BUMP...

Looking for funny stuff, and I found this tucked away. Check out dark_eternal's photo of the 1/1 Stoned Cobra.

-lewis
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com