• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:46 PM

I'm curious to know what people's goals are for their collection... does everybody here plan on trying to get the complete set of BB's/LB's #1-112? Or do many of you just plan on trying to get your favorites and/or any other ones you can get your hands on?

As is well known, there are several members here who work to make customs, TGB, Koppenschvelle, Orca, (well it's common knowledge that Orca's just a fruit-loop who likes to meltdown his BB's so he can smother them all over his body and take nude photos of himself to send to toyfare marketing himself as an unreleasesd "Flaming Beast" :huh: ) and there are others customizers here as well that are working on figures that many have shown interest in wanting to own.

With these various factors, I thought it interesting to ask what the goals are of the collectors here on this board.
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#2 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

:huh: I must have everything. That's right my precious everything. :(

I mean, 1-112 would be nice (2 away), the euro shield battlers, SD Beasts, White gumball Beasts, An actual prototype would be awesome.
Pretty much the entire line.

Orca, (well it's common knowledge that Orca's just a fruit-loop who likes to meltdown his BB's so he can smother them all over his body and take nude photos of himself to send to toyfare marketing himself as an unreleasesd "Flaming Beast"

Oh no, not again.

Eaon

#3 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:41 PM

I mean, 1-112 would be nice (2 away), the euro shield battlers, SD Beasts, White gumball Beasts, An actual prototype would be awesome.
Pretty much the entire line.

That's right, I forgot to mention all the novelty items as well the the veichles, bases and Euro-sheild Battlers... :huh:

Orca, (well it's common knowledge that Orca's just a fruit-loop who likes to meltdown his BB's so he can smother them all over his body and take nude photos of himself to send to toyfare marketing himself as an unreleasesd "Flaming Beast"

Oh no, not again.

Eaon

That's right... I went there! :(

#4 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:15 PM

i will only be getting the figs #1- 112 (all known variants), vehicles & bases. if i can find all the canadian bootleg figs i will get those as well.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#5 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

I intend to get all #1-112 (and all variants) i actually just need a proper #107 (i have a TGB custom for him right now). There are some variations that i don't have yet as well as a few high numbered LB weapons. I would like to get the 6 Euro Sheild battlers, the Stone cobra, clear Carp and Gator, striped Carp, Blue Drill, Prize Drill as well as atleast one Super deformed beast and one Gumball beast. I would also like to get atleast one example of each packaged set. (ie. one base, one charger, one 2-pack etc.)

Artimus, Toyfare is the last shizznit-arse rag i would send naked pictures of myself to, and i will go on record saying that i would NEVER burn my Battlebeasts. However yours are another story...... :blink:

#6 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:35 PM

For myself, I eventually want to get one of each figure, as well as getting/making as many customs as I can. But my figures typically don't have to have the sticker or the orb or even the weapon in most cases. I just want one of each of the figures themselves. As for the vehicles or playsets, right now I am not too worried. I might pick them up once I have all or most of the figures, but right now, I am really concentrating on the figures themselves. I am also not all that worried about variants. I would like to pick up the bootlegs some day as well.

Eric

#7 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:16 AM

Right now I am mostly working on the #1-76, the LB's are too expensive for a starving student/father of 2. I havn't even been able to pick up a single LB yet! :blink:

I am semi-getting there with my collection though. Although I am still needing a few beasts, I have a suprising # of the variants. (I'm always down with variants, customs and such) I would love to get my paws on a GB WB and/or Firelion, but considering some recent financial problems I don't see that anytime in the near future.

I have been lucky enough to pick up the 3 chariots and 2 of the 3 Bases. I still need that WB base. (Like greasing a pig, the WB's keep slipping through my hands!)

Long range goals include collecting everything, as much loose and MISB as I can, but by the time I can I don't think they will be as available. Then I'll be lookin to drop some serious cash to get a complete set, (as if you aren't now....it's about what....few thousand $ for all the loose?) :(

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:47 AM

I am mainly interested in getting a complete MOC Battle Beast collection #1 - #76. Later on I may gain interest in the Laser Beast portion of the toyline, but right now I am after just Battle Beasts.

:blink:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

Everything...
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#10 Yom

Yom

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

I hesitate between just getting the bigger loose army, or getting each symbol for each beast, or just get everything I can. :ph34r:

I don't care of boxes. MISB only means to me a loose beast in good shape.

A few SD could be cool, and also a few greek or gumball... but I don't want to spend so much money in these.

Big prices are only for some Laser Beasts... and not the rarest, but only those I really like the design. <_<

172 beast now (including 13 LB), 5 chariots, 3 bases. My army is growing. ;)
Ready for battle
Posted Image

#11 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

Even though I want everything I do have everything ranked.

I would like the series 1-3 Battle Beasts before I really get into the Laser Beasts. Once I have the Laser Beasts I would move onto the items such as paperwork, books, comics, items of that nature. When I hit a dead end where I either can not find new items or can not afford new items, I would like to move on to the international lines of Battle Beasts such as the ones from Greece.

#12 markderoos

markderoos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:19 AM

I started with collecting my beasts in this order:

01. BB Series 1 (finished)
02. BB Series 2 (finished)
03. BB Series 3 (finished)
04. Lower LB (finished)
05. BB Chariots (finished)
06. Bases (busy)
07. Major variants (busy)
08. LB chariot sets (busy)
09. High end LB (busy)
10. I'll decide when I get here*

I want all the weapons (almost finished) and all beasts in good state (almost finished).

*Posters, comics, gumball, knock-off, bandoliers, sd, greek, bestias de combate, but, honoustly, that's just filling my time when there aren't any nice sightings on ebay and such:) I haven't purchased any of those yet, but who know's.

And last, I kinda like the idea Yom mentioned about getting every beast with every element, but I HATE myself for liking that idea, because I know that it's only another excuse for never having to stop collecting :p

#13 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:49 AM

my goal is first to have a complete 1-100 battle beasts with weapons and shields.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#14 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

My goal is to first get all the BB's I had when I was a kid, then work out from there. I also want to collect all the cards.
That is my goal.
WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#15 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:47 PM

I don't know if I asked this of you before, but where did you learn German and Japanese WhiteLeo?

--grimey

#16 green captain

green captain

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

i have completed the 1 and 2 serie :D
but i need some weapon for the 3
some variation too
i want to complete the lower lbeast
i need some lbeast weapon too
comics complete

i want all base (the shark one coming soon) and all beast i like :D
(exemple:i have 7 giraffe or 4 seahorse)

i need the tiger chariot,

it will be very good to finish that :D

and after , I WILL BUILD A BIG ARMY FROM THE SEA :angry:
and perhaps A BIG SAVANNA ARMY :angry:

green captain

Edited by green captain, 06 July 2005 - 01:12 PM.

#17 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

My detailed list:

1) Series #1
2) Series #2
3) Series #3
4) Series #1, 2, & 3 variations
5) the 3 chariots
6) the 3 bases
7) comics
8) cards
9) poster

- Combat de Bestias / I am not sure yet, but I want somewhat.
- Greek / I am not sure yet, but I want bad.

- Laser Beasts / whenever I come across a good deal

#18 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:41 AM

My goal at first was to collect all of the basic 76 beasts. I saved over 60 from my childhood, so finding the last few wasn't all so bad. Now with that done, I am working hard to find each of their weapons, and replace some missing stickers.

It's a funny thing really... I am just a 20-something-year-old hillbilly kid who
once found great pleasure with BBs back in the day, and now I am regularly using
this strange internet thing on a borrowed lap-top to complete my only toy collection. :rolleyes:

I never knew about LBs until recently. I wouldn't mind having a few, just for kicks, but I don't think I will have the time or money to collect the whole line.

Anyway, wish me luck, and email me if you want to sell or trade for weapons.

Jonathan Packard jonnypac@hotmail.com

#19 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

welcome to the boards! if your looking to trade send me your wants list via PM!

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#20 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

I don't know if I asked this of you before, but where did you learn German and Japanese WhiteLeo?

--grimey

I learned German from My Grandma and School, and Japanese in School also. I have a love for langauages. I also dabble in Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese very hard though, and Norwegian. I know I am a nerd but I am damn proud of it.
:rolleyes:
Does anyone else Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Later
Steve

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#21 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:22 PM

I took Russian for 3 years. I have not used it though for several years so I fear I couldn't even finish the alphabet anymore. :wacko:

I wonder if BB were released in Mother Russia? :rolleyes:

--grimey

#22 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

I wonder if BB were released in Mother Russia? :wacko:

--grimey

Well, being that Mother Russia was the Soviet Union at the time I'd say no... Battle Beasts probabily didn't make it across the Iron Curtain... hell, those Soviets didn't even allow Beatle albums over there! :rolleyes:

#23 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

--grimey

I learned German from My Grandma and School, and Japanese in School also. I have a love for langauages. I also dabble in Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese very hard though, and Norwegian. I know I am a nerd but I am damn proud of it.
:rolleyes:
Does anyone else Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Later
Steve

I also dabble in Greek & Hebrew, along with Aramaic, Spanish, and German.

-lewis

#24 Pandora's_Box

Pandora's_Box

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:57 AM

Well....as far as I can tell my collection is finished.

However, I'm not after multiple sleds, I don't have all the white beasts, and I don't have any US boxed items......I do have lots of variants.

I'm now mainly after cards and answers to a few questions i have about certain figures.

#25 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:27 AM

well ask away! i'm sure someone here as the answers your looking for.

=)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com