11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:20 AM

In Japan did all the 1-76 Beastformers come in individual boxes?

-lewis
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#2 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

Yes, some of the series 3 came in the Suburst set.

Eaon

#3 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

No. Some were only available in set (sunburst and clear carp set)
I will try to make a complet listing of which ones were available in individual boxes.

#4 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

No. Some were only available in set (sunburst and clear carp set)
I will try to make a complet listing of which ones were available in individual boxes.

That list would be helpful. I am trying to compile a list for myself of what figures were available in what areas, and the different ways that they were packaged. I would also like to know what items were available through certain lines only.

-lewis
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

#5 Pandora's_Box

Pandora's_Box

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:15 PM

This is based on my knowledge and collection:

In the Transformer series (1987), I don't believe all the beasts were available. Some, like Cobrander, Peginese and Little Selo, had not even been released yet. The boxes where A(red color (autobots)), B(purple color (decepticons)), C, D, E, and F. The pamphlets for A,B,C, and D, while their stories are different, showed the same characters available to collect. E and F have the same stories (different from A,B,C, and D) and new available beasts. If you have the pamphlets. you will notice that some beasts are missing. Cobrander was never released in the transformer line. The story in pamphlet D speaks of a Statue of Cobranda housed in the Fire Phoenix base and dropped in a ravin. I don't feel Cobrander was available at the time. But the Cobrander Statue was in the mail away offer. And other beast only available in the sets and vehicles (Again, this is to my knowledge so feel free to correct).

The rerelease in 1988 showed ALL the beasts were available. The pamphlet even shows this.

So, in the Beastformer line, as far as I know, only the rereleaase in 1988 has all the beasts boxed. I believe I also heard that the mouse and the camel were never released in Japan.

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to the boards Pandora's_Box, :rolleyes: Great to have you!
I beleive you are wrong about Cobrander. Here is the card to prove he was part of that line along with all the rest of them. I haven't translated it yet, because I have been doing alot of other translating. And card making. Don't know if that helps or not.
Later
WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#7 Pandora's_Box

Pandora's_Box

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

Thanks, but I'm not a new member. i used to be called nanyittenoya on the original board way back when.

That's from the Beastformer line in 1988, not the Transformer line. I have the same card. if it was the transfromer card, it would have either a grid backing, or a yellow rectangle where the name is. check your other cards.

I sataeted that in the Transformer line not all the beasts were put out. But in the 1988 line they were.

I'm mostly talking about the ones that were boxed in both lines. the 1987 and the 1988.

I had already done the stories and a few cards way back. but when I tried to retrieve them from my disc.....it wouldn't work. I was really upset with all the time I had out into it....

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:16 AM

Thanks, but I'm not a new member. i used to be called nanyittenoya on the original board way back when.

That's from the Beastformer line in 1988, not the Transformer line. I have the same card.  if it was the transfromer card, it would have either a grid backing, or a yellow rectangle where the name is. check your other cards.

I sataeted that in the Transformer line not all the beasts were put out. But in the 1988 line they were.

I'm mostly talking about the ones that were boxed in both lines. the 1987 and the 1988.

I had already done the stories and a few cards way back. but when I tried to retrieve them from my disc.....it wouldn't work.  I was really upset with all the time I had out into it....

Kewl, Well I still say I am glad to meet you. And you are right, that style is when they started the Role Playing Game. I still haven't finished translating that yet. It would be great to have two people working on the translations of the cards and other things. I can send any info I have would you be willing to share any of your info? :D Hope to hear more from you.
WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 16 July 2005 - 06:08 AM.

I will never quit.

#9 Bermuda Mohawk

Bermuda Mohawk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:20 AM

That's from the Beastformer line in 1988, not the Transformer line. I have the same card.  if it was the transfromer card, it would have either a grid backing, or a yellow rectangle where the name is. check your other cards.

I had already done the stories and a few cards way back. but when I tried to retrieve them from my disc.....it wouldn't work.  I was really upset with all the time I had out into it....

Kewl, Well I still say I am glad to meet you. And you are right, that style is when they started the Role Playing Game. I still haven't finished translating that yet. Do you know Japanese too? It would be great to have two people working on the translations of the cards and other things. :D Hope to hear more from you.
WhiteLeo

Well...I hadn't said anything till now, cause you were so wrapped up in the translation you were doing and having such fun with it, but Pandora's Box had translated most everything already. Some was lost due to bad diskettes, but some he has been sending me. I should have the game info up this week.
--Dave

#10 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:00 AM

That's great, I am glad that other people have this stuff translated too. :D More that one is alot better. And it gives a chance for people that can't read it a chance to understand what everthing was about. I think it is great.
Later
WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#11 Pandora's_Box

Pandora's_Box

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:29 AM

Yeah ,I've been sending Bermuda translations.....would have had more but.....sorry BM!!!

Well, since the translations I've been doing I've been sending to BM, I'll just continue to do that and let him post them here. Ummm....I don('t know what all you've already done.......Is there a place here were you put the translations?

#12 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:20 AM

About the card : have you ever noticed that ther is a variation on the RPG style cards ?
The copyright line could be "TAKARA CO LTD 1986 1987" or "TAKARA CO LTD 1986".
No that this is important but that could mean that there was 2 waves of RPG style boxes.
I have the #1 card with both version of copyright so I guess that every card could be find with both copyright.

Sylvain

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com