Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

SpiderEarth's Forever Yes Contest! Ends 7/20!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:collecting minis and creating art

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

Attached File  IMAG0872_1.jpg   79.68K   63 downloads

I have a bunch of stuff here that I hope interests a lot of people, and you can win it all, free of charge!  All I want to know is your guilty pleasure toy line.  Like, what toy line do you know you sort of sucks and you shouldn't keep buying, but for whatever reason you just can't stop.  Or maybe it's just super silly and you're the only person that likes it.  Make sure it's a guilty pleasure even to our standards here, and I'll award the guiltiest entry the winner on July 20th.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

JMO!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

Well if collecting small pink rubber muscle men isn't a guilty pleasure I don't know what is. :lol:

#4 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

C.U.T.I.E.F.T.W.

Coolest Ultra Tiny Individuals on Earth For The Win

#5 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

Happy Meal toys. I am setting a horrible (and unhealthy) precedent for my kids, but I love taking them to collect all the different toy lines each month even though they are all super shitty quality.

#6 piratedave

piratedave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Hot Wheels, comic books, old video games

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

Not really a toy line, but... I once had a collection of McDonald's french fry boxes. It started with the promotion for the original Jurassic Park movie and went from there. Looney Tunes, Olympic Basketball Dream Team, Batman Forever, etc. The best part was, I worked there, so I could get a new set of each promotion when they would come out! Everyone that found out was just completely perplexed that I would collect.....those. Sadly, because of a leaky roof, they all got wet and I ended up throwing them out.mhp4407b.jpg

Edited by piratedave, 03 July 2015 - 05:22 PM.

I love the smell of opened action figures in the morning! It smells like....victory!

#7 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Make sure it's a guilty pleasure even to our standards here

I still collect OMFG

#8 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

I still collect OMFG

Bazinga.

Happy Meal toys. I am setting a horrible (and unhealthy) precedent for my kids, but I love taking them to collect all the different toy lines each month even though they are all super shitty quality.

Get ready for these!
batman.PNG

#9 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Outside of my Funko collection, I don't really collect anything that your average collector would frown upon. This is a great/tough contest!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#10 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Are the OMFG toys considered "less than" other stuff? I mean, I don't like every figure, but there's some great ones and it seems like a cool community-based project.

#11 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

Are the OMFG toys considered "less than" other stuff? I mean, I don't like every figure, but there's some great ones and it seems like a cool community-based project.

Without de-railing this thread, there is a lot of controversy around the guy who owns the OMFG line, and there are people here who don't like him for it.

<p> </p>
<p>

#12 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Juicy. Ok, enough derailing then. Carry on!

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

My Little Pony

Edited by steverotters, 09 July 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#14 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Nope, Jkaris is the polar opposite of that guy. I mean, I WOULD cross the street to pee in HIS mouth if his teeth were on fire.

#15 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Monster High

Edited by steverotters, 09 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#16 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

Muscle Busters to all that derail this contest!!!!

EDIT:  Actually, I do understand how the 'guilty pleasure' thing can create a ton of discussion about what exactly is taboo, from millions of perspectives.  But I'm not all that particular to the drama of all that and to get a thread I created locked would be embarrassing.

Edited by spiderearth, 08 July 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#17 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

Outside of my Funko collection, I don't really collect anything that your average collector would frown upon. This is a great/tough contest!

Good one. I've got about a dozen Funko Pop figures and really like the ones I've picked up, but I do get the feeling anyone that doesn't collect them thinks there is nothing lamer than Funko.

#18 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

Funko is awesome despite what anyone thinks or says.  I have easily 100 Pop! figures -- at least.  Haters gonna hate, but I will love them until I die.  Hahahahahe. LOL

#19 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

There's very little I feel guilty about that I own, but of what there is, amiibo. I only own three, but two of them required more effort than usual to acquire (Wii Fit Trainer and Lucina) and haven't even been opened yet, a cardinal sin among toys I ordinarily buy.

#20 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Bazinga.

Get ready for these!
batman.PNG

Oh, yes. I will be getting all of these, and if the Monster High ones were actually FIGURES, I'd get those too (my wife collects the dolls). Something that always bugged me was the mix of vehicles and action figures...what kid would RATHER have a shitty half figure sitting inside a goofy car? STOP THE SHITTY GIMMICKS! GIVE US FIGS!!!

#21 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Get ready for these!
batman.PNG

Is that mo'pheffin' Solomon Grundy!?

Neat!

Edited by Rubberhammer, 09 July 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#22 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:37 AM

Without de-railing this thread, there is a lot of controversy around the guy who owns the OMFG line, and there are people here who don't like him for it.

Sounds catty!  I'll pop some popcorn....

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#23 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

Good one. I've got about a dozen Funko Pop figures and really like the ones I've picked up, but I do get the feeling anyone that doesn't collect them thinks there is nothing lamer than Funko.

I own 9 Funko! figures in total and I love them all. Normally I don't like to collect too many varying things, but with the uniform look of the figures I feel like I can collect different figures from different franchises while still having be a part of the same collection. They also look pretty neat on my office desk at work.

I have:

Diablo, Cthulhu, EB games/Gamestop Exclusive Goliath, Murloc, Grunt, Garrus Vakarian, Sharknado, Lemongrab, and Gentleman Claptrap.

I really want pretty much all of the new Fallout stuff, too. Both the mystery minis and the larger pops. (The hype is real)

Spider, let me know if you want me to clean up your thread in regards to the off-topic OMFG stuff. Send me a PM and I can take care of it for you.

Edited by Draznar, 10 July 2015 - 05:56 AM.

<p> </p>
<p>

#24 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

I might as well confess.  I have owned and/or sold maybe 600 halo figures altogether.  I don't know what it is about the line but I collect them as much as used to collect MUSCLE figures.  Except there is just one thing.......

I have never Played HALO, HALO 2, ODST, Or any version of the Halo game in my life.  In fact I find the series and genre it spawned incredibly stupid.  Thing is the game transfers so well to the toyline I always come back purchasing new figures the moment some store has them on Clearance and on Ebay. 

I love the look of the Spartans and each variation.  The weapons are cool, the design of each armor is like a work of art.  The enemy figures finally look awesome as well.  I'm not interested in the vehicles, the playsets, or any other form of memorabilia.  I can't tell you which character is which or what game they come from.  I can however tell you that it is the best designed minifigure line to come out in at least 20 years and I still collect them building an army I'm probably just going to sell off again, just to buy more when the sets go on clearance..... 

#25 spiderearth

spiderearth

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

Alrighty!  It's July 20th and I'm here to call the contest over.  There was a lot of good submissions, and I'm super glad and honored the contest got as much participation as it did.  We covered just about every base, from "girl toys" to cheap crappy toys to everything else, and that's very awesome.  Frankly, I'm with Baltan, as there isn't much guilt in the stuff I buy and collect.  I either like it or not, either buy it or not, and not much else really factors in it.  But much like what Eric Nilla said, if you're here and collecting LRG, you're pretty much guilty enough.

There had to be a winner though and I thought about it a lot.  Maybe put myself in a pair of shoes or two, wondering if I could myself buy and collect some of these guilty pleasures, and one submission really stood out to me.  

DerekDraws and the happy meal toys!

It might be easy and you might be able to hide a lot of that guilt if you have kids, but imagine if you don't.  Imagine being a bachelor and going to McDee's constantly, asking if the new toys are in, which ones are still available, and if you can buy them separately w/out a meal.  Imagine being 'that guy' the crew all knows as that creep that collects the crappy toys.  Or at the very least, being that guy that comes in a little too often.  You'd have to imagine none of these toys hold value, and the source of trading, buying, and selling them is rather small.  It would almost be as bad as collecting PirateDave's french fry boxes, except it look like some honest artistic effort was put forth on those.

I'm sorry, DerekDraws, you are the most guilty of us, at least this round, but as a consolation prize, I'll send you a box of random goodies.  They aren't toxic and poorly-made, at least I don't think so, but I hope you'll like them just the same.  I'll be contacting you soon through a PM soon, so I can get the box out.  As the winner, you get the choice of starting a contest yourself of your own.  You certainly don't have to, but from my experience, it was really fun and I think you'll be missing out if you don't.  

Okay, that's it!  Thanks for everyone that participated and/or just stopped by for a look!  :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com