80 replies to this topic

#26 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 05:17 PM

lol I only had him for 48 hours so I didn't have to much time to think of a name

c ya

Philly

Wha..?!? so where is he now? has a board member got him? Alex.......... :blink:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#27 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:00 PM

lol No, i still have him (though I guess im a board member now)

he's standing on my Mr Do! cocktail table upsidedown untill I can think of a better/safer place to put him

I just recieved him in the mail two days ago

When I sent the pic to Nathans site I wanted to call him something instead of crazy old man muscle

so i thought he looked like a Drunken Master

Philly
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#28 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:03 PM

yeah man it is a good name and you should be proud of it, not many muscleheads get the chance to name a muscle
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#29 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:37 PM

yeah man it is a good name and you should be proud of it, not many muscleheads get the chance to name a muscle

Cool thanks musclemenkids

Phil
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.

#30 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:03 PM

I didn't say I didn't like the name, I just thought every Kinnikuman Character already HAD a name......

#31 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:29 PM

Phil,

Glad to see you made it. :D Welcome to the board. Quite an interesting find you have stumbled across. The Drunken Master is a new mystery M.U.S.C.L.E. to all of us M.U.S.C.L.E. collectors.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#32 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 12:52 AM

HA!
i like this mold. his big mustache is hilarious. it gives him that fun Rollie Fingers seventies vibe to him. plus he has a cane. quite a unique figure.
but yeah, digging the facial hair..... :D

#33 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 03:19 AM

I'm still a bit skeptical.......

how is it that not only is the most coveted MUSCLE found on ebay, in the greatest condition available, but within DAYS of this discovery, a BRAND NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MUSCLE is discovered......

you'd think that if these things had ACTUALLY been true MUSCLES, SOMEBODY would've remembered them, and had them in their collections.....

There are NO documented cases of ANY collector EVER having any of the Super-Rares (I don't include SC as a rare, or super rare, because he is neither) in their collections......

however, I am currently investigating a MUSCLE I remember my brother having as a kid, however I can't seem to locate on the poster.....

once I have had a THOROUGH time to investigate the pics on Nathan's site, I'll give a full update..........but don't hold your breath, as I'm sure he's there, I'm just overlooking him.....

so, get me carded pics of a SHA or BHS, and I'll kiss your arse.....until then, I'll just stick to callin' 'em "Hard Kinkeshi"

#34 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 06:44 AM

seems kinda weird that after 20 years, there are new ones beining found. thats one of the main things that make it hard to believe no one has found it before. But it could also just be that rare, plus it has that markings on the back(so doesnt that prove its real?).

Posted Image

#35 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 08 March 2003 - 07:09 AM

I think the name is fitting. He looks cool, and welcome to the board Phill. you lucky SOB. Anyways I am sure he had a name in the kinnikuman series, I saw the site with the kinkeshi version of this little guy, so I am sure I might be able to find him in my Manga, I honestly do not remember seeing him at all though. What pisses me off is I had seen this auction and did not notice something different. Guess I need to be more careful. I too am a little skepticle about all of these super rares, I agree SC is not super rare, but I have him carded on a four pack if anybody needs proof of him check out my site. Can you imagine how cool, and how valuable a set of all these super rares on cards would be?

#36 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:30 AM

well you could be pc and name him highly under the influence of alcohol master.

Your name seems to suit him better.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#37 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:29 AM

:woot:
i still have trouble getting my hands on non-rare m.u.s.c.l.e.s...
eh.

#38 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:32 AM

the YSNT Trademark appears on not only the American MUSCLE figures, but also the Japanese Kinkeshi........

so, yes, it is a legitimate FIGURE, but from which line, I am unsure......

#39 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:23 PM

<_<
i still have trouble getting my hands on non-rare m.u.s.c.l.e.s...
eh.

LOL im with ironmask

though i did find the Drunken Master i still need like 36 other muscles just to finish my regular collection (colors or flesh or non-rares)

but im sure Im not the only person that has him I was just the first to take pics of him and put him on the interent

There are probably more out there in peoples basements, under the couch or being thrown in the garbage right now and they don't even know what they have

sad but true

Also to anyone that has a super rare muscle (or just one muscle you really like) how do you keep them?

like do they have there own little clear proctective box or something?

#40 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:01 PM

I am a believer in Super Rares. I think Mattel did some test runs on specific figures and now we have the Super Rares that show up every now and then.

I also think the reason we are finding them now and instead of years ago when they first came out is because most of us were kids back then, and these were our toys. We were not collectors then, like we are now. Now that we are all grown up and have access to the internet, we have so much more info, and a huge connection to others who collect. The amount of information is growing every day. We see these Super Rare figures that we over looked years ago because we are paying attention now.

I bet some of us walked right past Satancross 4-Packs like Doc's and didn't even know it when we were younger. We probably had the ability to have every super rare, but were not looking for them at the time.

If I could time travel, I would be all over this like you wouldn't believe! <_<

;)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#41 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:20 PM

I created this topic to try and get some information on the new Drunken Master M.U.S.C.L.E. figure. Hopefully within this thread, we can find out as much as possible.

First off, I have a few questions with which I would like to share with the board. Here they are:

Phil your're the one that can probably answer these the best, since you are the owner.

What condition is the figure in? (MINT, Near-Mint, Played With, Damaged)

Do you see any markings on him that would indicate a fake?

Any writing or stains on him? (I ask this because in the pic, he looks a little stained on the feet and back)

Anything that completely convinces you he is a M.U.S.C.L.E.?

Any informantion you can share about him would be great, man! We are all interested in Super Rares. Anything you want to share I'm sure would be helpful and entertaining.

Thanks Phil!

Alex  

--------------------
arforbes

This was a post Alex made on a diffrent topic the topic was locked up so I'll answer it here

hope im not steping on any toes here <_<

the condition of my "Drunken Master" i would have to say is played with only because of the little marker spots on him. (any ideas how to get rid of those?)
he's not chewed on or missing anything on him
he's not even worn away in any areas
just looking at his front he looks perfect (though his nose is a little dark)
I did have to clean him up alot when I got him
he looked to be the most played with out of the lot of figures i bought

as for markings that make him seem like a fake compared to all the other MUSCLES i have (even though im new to the board i have been collecting muscles since the mid 80's) he has your standard Y/S NT markings AND the C in a circle and B in a circle that are on all of my MUSCLES
so compared to all the other muscles he is real to me
also the color and material is exactly the same as the others also
(no way i can prove this unless i send it to everyone to feel lol but its true)

im pretty sure this answers all the questions in some shape and form Alex

just like to thank everyone also you all have been really nice and this little unexpected surprise came at a pretty good time for me because i just got cheated out of $475 dollars on a MOTU auction/purchase
(2 MOTU 10 packs guy said he sent them and i never got them. he is lieing)
still Im gonna see if the post office can do something with it since i used P.O. money orders
so this makes me feel a little bit better
thanks again

#42 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:24 PM

that is so true. when your a kid you dont think about that kind of stuff. but now that we are grown up, we pay more attention to all this stuff. If only we knew what we know now, we all could be sitting here with a Satan-Cross sitting atop the PC.

Posted Image

#43 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 09:18 PM

I'm still a bit skeptical.......

I trust the testimonies of those who have the super-rares, but these figures are definitely confusing. Why would Mattel go through the expensive process of producing the figures if they only end up making a handful of them?

I guess they could have been part of a test marketing study, but why would they be cancelled? BH Sunshine and SH Ashura, I can understand because of the small parts... but why Drunken Master?

I really doubt that they're prototypes. It would be highly unlikely for a prototype toy to get into the production line. Prototyping and production are two completely different processes... it makes no sense why a prototype would ever get sent to a store.

Maybe the figures were cancelled or recalled due to a significant defect or health risk (both Ashura Man and Sunshine do have very small parts that may pose a choking hazard, but that doesn't explain DM). Or, maybe the figures were part of a second-wave of MUSCLEs that was cancelled early in favor of the multi-colored MUSCLEs.

Still, that is all speculation... I guess we may never know the true answer...

-Nathan

#44 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 09:26 PM

maybe they stopped making DM because he was either drunk, and or wacked out on drugs. And they didnt want to expose little kids to it. You know it would be like they were promoting substance abuse.

Or, maybe the figures were part of a second-wave of MUSCLEs that was cancelled early in favor of the multi-colored MUSCLEs.

that may also be true, which is why they are only found in flesh color, well as far as i know they are.

Posted Image

#45 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 03:17 PM

For the record, he was on today's episode, and was featured quite prominently.....

#46 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 03:18 PM

For the record, he was on today's episode, and was featured quite prominently.....

You mean Yoda? Hahaha

#47 kinder muscle

kinder muscle

Decepticon.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 05:06 PM

oh FUGEN HIEMER!!!!! i found a bag of m.u.s.c.l.e.s at a thrift store when i had seen just 3 episodes of ultimate muscle i didint have any money so i asked my mom if i coud have them she said why do you want those i said there from that new show there the original ones from japan (i always now a lot about a show before it comes out) i didint know they had them in america yet she laughed please mom i said she said no you dont have any money i said there only 69 cents she said well put it on that bookshelf you can get it next time well i overshot it damn i said it went behind the book shelf crap crap crap anyways the whole point of this is that it had a drunken master in it B) :o :cry: i know it did cuz we looked at them and my mom laughed at him dang dang dang dang dang!!!!!!
Of all the things I've lost I think I miss my mind the most.

#48 fire1000

fire1000

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 07:40 PM

anyways the whole point of this is that it had a drunken master in it :cry: B) :cry: i know it did cuz we looked at them and my mom laughed at him dang dang dang dang dang!!!!!!

:cry: any one here besides me find this hard to belive?you could not dig up $0.69 cents? :o
Yes ladys I do look that good or maybe not

#49 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 08:16 PM

haha quite funny

anyways.....phil, you think you could give us a picture of drunken master standing on his head?.....please? that'd be so great to see
Posted Image

#50 kinder muscle

kinder muscle

Decepticon.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 08:40 PM

hey i was only 12 like i said i didint have any money not a cent to my name anyways im super pissed about the whole thing ...alex
Of all the things I've lost I think I miss my mind the most.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com