#1 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

Hello all,

I have been watching this ebay auction closely for the past five days. It looks like there is yet another undiscovered, until now, Super Rare sculpt in this lot of figures. Look at the center figure in the second row from the bottom...

http://cgi.ebay.com/.....AMEWA:IT&rd=1

I recognized this figure right away when I saw it. It is from the same set as Drunken Master on this page...

http://ulala69.hp.in...o.jp/part15.htm

The tell tale horns gave it away. It is the same exact color as a M.U.S.C.L.E. and is in a lot of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. This is a very significant discovery. If it turns out to be a legit M.U.S.C.L.E. figure when it arrives, then our theory regarding what Kinnikuman sculpts were actually made into M.U.S.C.L.E.s may hold true.

Here is the set from Part 21 on that page also...

http://ulala69.hp.in...o.jp/part21.htm

I have compiled two pics from the Kinnikuman sets that shows what Super Rare figures we have discovered and the remaining that have yet to be found. If my calculations are correct, there are a total of five more Super Rare Sculpts out there, one of which I may have stumbled across today.

Here's the pic from Part 15, the same set that the Drunken Master is from...

:cry:

Attached Files

Edited by arforbes, 20 May 2004 - 02:12 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:05 PM

And here is the pic from the remaing "undiscovered" figures that may be actual Super Rares from Part 21...

As you can see, Satancross, Spinning Head Ashuraman, and Blackhole Sunshine have already been discovered. But the top three from the same set have not. That is if they were made into M.U.S.C.L.E.s in theory.

Attached Files

Edited by arforbes, 20 May 2004 - 02:09 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:31 PM

Keep us posted Alex!

#4 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

Awesome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let's hope he's a MUSCLE!
Posted Image

#5 ToyManiac

ToyManiac

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:23 PM

That's cool!

Good eye arforbes! :o

The chances of it being a MUSCLE (by the auction/figures included) seem to be pretty good....it really seems that you've got some kind of Super Rare radar going on. :lol:

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:35 PM

You are a FUKIN' PSYCO!!!

It is probably another SUPER RARE!!!

What is the figure 2 row far left?

THEGODBEAST

#7 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:39 PM

THEGODBEAST

It's the very center figure in the second row from the bottom. Dead center, but the fourth row down. :lol:

:o
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#8 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:41 PM

THEGODBEAST

It's the very center figure in the second row from the bottom. Dead center, but the fourth row down. :o

B)

Sorry misunderstood ya. :lol:

That is a baby Niku #60.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#9 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

Woo! Tell us what it is when it comes in!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:53 PM

Whoa! :lol: I remember saying to myself what a shizznitty auction that looked like. But now....
Posted Image

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:44 AM

If this is a real super-rare, it'll totally blow away my "safety hazard" theory, since there's no difference between this guy and other MUSCLEs from a safety standpoint. :cry:

By the way, Milwaukee is awfully close to Canada. :o

#12 Juan

Juan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:improv acting!!!

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:36 AM

good eye mister rare kinnikuman treasure hunter that is so awesome you spotted that. i would have been like whatever just a bunch of muscle men to me but atleast bother to check it good job dude.

#13 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

Nice eye, I missed that one. I hope he is a MUSCLE, I think it will help us understand the Super Rares if he is a real MUSCLE.

#14 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

By the way, Milwaukee is awfully close to Canada.  :cry:

Exactly what I was thinking! This may help support our theory of Canadian origin.

Edited by arforbes, 21 May 2004 - 09:56 AM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

Moving this to the proper forum....

#16 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:22 AM

If this is a real super-rare, it'll totally blow away my "safety hazard" theory, since there's no difference between this guy and other MUSCLEs from a safety standpoint.  :cry:

That is true. I am not so sure now that the Safety Hazard theory holds true.

If we look at the two Super Rares with removable parts, SHA and BHS, then yes it is convincing, but now with DM and this Dark Emperor (Does this name fit?) figure, it is hard to prove that was the reason for them being produced is such small numbers.

I think that a couple sets, for instance Part 15 and Part 21, from the Kinnikuman line were offered as M.U.S.C.L.E.s in Canada. Originally all the rest of the Kinnikumen from those Parts were already made as M.U.S.C.L.E.s except for the select few non-M.U.S.C.L.E. sculpts. We have discovered SHA, BHS, and Satancross from Part 21. And we have discovered DM and Dark Emperor from Part 15.

Here's what I think...

Either only SC, SHA, and BHS were made into M.U.S.C.L.E.s from part 21 because someone thought it would be interesting to try casting only the figures from that set with removable parts...Or the all the remaining non-M.U.S.C.L.E. figures from that set were cast also, leaving three from Part 21 still undiscovered which you can see from the pic I posted below.

Now from Part 15 we have theoretically discovered all but one. We have DM, Dark Emperor, but are missing the Black Menrui figure shown on this page...

http://ulala69.hp.in...o.jp/part15.htm

So in thoery, there are four remaining Super Reares to discover. One Black Menrui from Part 15 and three non-M.U.S.C.L.E. sculpts from Part 21. Or if they only cast the removable part figures from Part 21, then that leaves only the Black Menrui figure to be discovered.

Hope that makes sense...I was kinda confusing myself.

Attached Files

Edited by arforbes, 21 May 2004 - 10:30 AM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:38 AM

Either only SC, SHA, and BHS were made into M.U.S.C.L.E.s from part 21 because someone thought it would be interesting to try casting only the figures from that set with removable parts...

Hm, intersting thought, but, if so, why wouldn't they have included SC's back half?

And why did they produce more of SC than BHS and SHA?

*Scratches head

EDIT: Obviously, in making the MUSCLE version of SC they used -- or copied -- the original Kinkeshi mold because MUSCLE SC has the hole in his back. They could have just as easily used the mold of the back half, no?

Edited by Soupie, 21 May 2004 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

By the way, Milwaukee is awfully close to Canada.  :cry:

Exactly what I was thinking! This may help support our theory of Canadian origin.

B)

What's this "OUR THEORY" crap? I am the one who suggested that FIRST!!! I see how you are Alex... :o j/k

Seriously though, that has been my assumption all along, it has happened with soooooooo many other toy lines that it is the best theory we have.

Vlix from Kenner was found carded only in Argentina. Yakface from Kenner was dumped in Europe, Canada, and Australia. Laser Beasts #'s 89-112 Takara only released in Japan, and they released the Shield Battler Laser Beasts in Europe, Indonesia, and Japan. Warrior Beasts (bootleg BattleBeasts) only Canada. Last series of Iron Man figures (US agent) from Toy Biz were dumped in Indonesia. Toy bBiz also had some multi-figure sets exclusive to Canada too. Secret Wars Iceman, Electro, and Constrictor Mattel dumped in Europe. Megator, Tytus, Laser light He-man and Laser light Skeletor dumped in both Europe and mainly in Italy. That is a few off hand that I can think of.

THEGODBEAST

#19 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

Either only SC, SHA, and BHS were made into M.U.S.C.L.E.s from part 21 because someone thought it would be interesting to try casting only the figures from that set with removable parts...

Hm, intersting thought, but, if so, why wouldn't they have included SC's back half?

And why did they produce more of SC than BHS and SHA?

*Scratches head

EDIT: Obviously, in making the MUSCLE version of SC they used -- or copied -- the original Kinkeshi mold because MUSCLE SC has the hole in his back. They could have just as easily used the mold of the back half, no?

That thought had crossed my mind also. Maybe it was because the Satancross figure is relatively complete without the back half. Possibly Mattel decided the back end was not necessary. The head of SHA is definitely a necessary piece. But what about BHS you say? Yes, that center piece is not necessary either is it? For that question I have no answer. But since the SC is the only Rare confirmed in M.U.S.C.L.E. packaging, then this theory could be plausible. The others may be only Canadian releases.

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#20 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:32 PM

By the way, Milwaukee is awfully close to Canada.  :o

B)

What's this "OUR THEORY" crap? I am the one who suggested that FIRST!!! I see how you are Alex... ;) j/k

THEGODBEAST

Haha! Sorry Marty. B) I'm sorry guys..."Marty's theory." :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#21 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:30 PM

Nice eye, I missed that one. I hope he is a MUSCLE, I think it will help us understand the Super Rares if he is a real MUSCLE.

Sorry General but i do not know how this figure becoming a super rare will help us understand the super rares. i thought i understood them to a certain extent before 'drunken master' swaggered in and started throwing his weight around. surely if Alex can confirm his finding this is just going to throw the doors wide open. What else can we expect. i know Soupie has a theory but imagine if.....they, who ever they are just decide to sculpt all manner of non muscle poster figures? then where would we be?
And if what alex says is true thenwhy does his BHS figure come complete with the 'bit' in the middle :woot:
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#22 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:03 AM

I think that it means that Parts 15 & 21 were molded, although the quantity may never been known. These other figures simply never found their way to the US market. They apparently did end up in some peoples’ hands, mostly along the Canadian border (based on eBay auction locations).

I know this isn’t much, but we don’t have much info to go on. I think people need to start looking for the other figures from Parts 15 & 21. Before there was always something special about a Super Rare. DM screwed that up a little with his more unique proportions, so he was still special. There is nothing special about Alex’s new figure. This figure was simply made. There was no extra thought given to it, there is nothing special about it.

#23 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:48 AM

I know this isn’t much, but we don’t have much info to go on. I think people need to start looking for the other figures from Parts 15 & 21. Before there was always something special about a Super Rare. DM screwed that up a little with his more unique proportions, so he was still special. There is nothing special about Alex’s new figure. This figure was simply made. There was no extra thought given to it, there is nothing special about it.

That is exactly what I've been doing and finally succeeded. I couldn't believe it when I saw this new Dark Emperor figure. It further confirmed that the Super Rares were taken from possibly only these two sets...Parts 15 & 21.

So that is why it is believed that the last four are still somewhere out there. Who knows, maybe more sets were molded, but if they were, then we probably would have come across at least one from another set by now. But there is always that possibility that more than the four remaining undiscovered possible Super Rares exist.

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#24 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:51 PM

Well, the Super Rare arrived today...

And it is 100% M.U.S.C.L.E.!!!

It has the Y/S.N.T on the back, the same M.U.S.C.L.E. feel and texture and color, and the smell is intact!!!

This figure is cool-looking too. He has a hole in his stomach and one on the exact opposite side on his back. The holes are indentations and not complete run-through holes like Black Hole Sunshine or the one through figure #224's head. It's kinda similar to the Satancross hole, but on both sides and not deep enough to attach another section like the Satancross' hole was designed for. The lines that run up and down the figure's body make it look sweet!

Another interesting thing I noticed is that it had what appeared to me to be a tiny blue spec on the back of the left blade of his head. As soon as I saw this I thought "4-Pack remnants!!!" The blue spec is common among figures that have rested on the cardboard backs of the 4-Packs for extended amounts of time. The tiny spec flaked off while I was cleaning the figure, but it looked just like a 4-Pack spec, which may be significant!

I am uploading pics to my computer right now and will have them posted shortly.

Alex :(

Edited by arforbes, 24 May 2004 - 05:58 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#25 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

Here's the first pic of the new Super Rare, Dark Emperor...

More coming soon!

:(

Attached Files

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com