126 replies to this topic

#26 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

I would not have a problem with you submitting a third claw. I would have to open that option up to all the participants though, and it would have to be from their collection I suppose, I can not afford to send any more claws. If you do use a claw out of your personal collection though, I don't really plan on returning them since the goal of this contest was to get some sweet claws for my collection. It also means if youw ere to not win a prize that you would have to accept your lost claw. If you guys are willing to risk that, then I say go for it. The more claws the merrier. Thank you for your feedback concerning the judging, considering you are one of the participants, I will keep that in mind.

#27 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

The more claws the merrier.

Well said.

Doc, you're a genius. I agree with Max, you should be The Judge.

But, on the other hand, having multiple judges would lend more "credibility" to the entire process.

Either way, you're awesome, and the enitre scheme is a work of pure genius. I look forward to seeing some awesome Claws!

:woot:
Posted Image

#28 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:12 AM

Although I sent all of them on the 6th, I have been informed that a few participants have not recieved theirs yet.

I'm one of those in this boat.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#29 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

But, on the other hand, having multiple judges would lend more "credibility" to the entire process.

I have to disagree. He has mailed his own claws to us without hesitation. He is giving away the prizes. If someone feels he so happens to be biased, to bad for them. Each person has their own taste. For all we know, simply painting a claw white and just white and this claw is the most astetically pleasing to his eye and the "white claw" wins, so be it. Yeah, some of us could get annoyed by his choice, but it is his choice and it is no real big deal if you enjoyed painting the claw for painting's sake. Doc choose to hold the contest, doc chooses the winner. If your heart is not really into it, chances are you're not going to win anyways. People can try to play politics but the claw stands on its own.

By the way, if it is someone who is not on the boards tries to rip you off, don't just put their email address. You do happen to have their HOME addy too :woot:
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#30 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:34 AM

I have to disagree.

Actually, max, I don't think we "disagree."

When I re-read my post today, I realized "credibilty" wasn't the best choice of words. (That's why I put it in quotations in the first place.)

I agree -- there is absolutely nothing wrong with Doc judging the entire contest. He would, obviously, choose a Claw that suited his tastes. And, obviously, since they are his Claws, and it's his contest, and because he is good people, everyone would be cool with his choice of winning Claw.

However, despite your claim of disagreement, I think you would agree that having multiple judges would more likely produce a winning Claw that appealed to a wider audience.

But is that what this contest is about -- not really.

So, I agree, as I said earlier, Doc should be The Judge.

:woot:
Posted Image

#31 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Since I am not participating and Doc asked me to help judge...I will...that is IF he decides to go with a multiple judging. I would say my BS in art ed. and my 7 years experience in teaching visual art, should make me a qualified judge.

I am excited to see the wide range of abilities and creativity!!!

Good Luck!

TGB

#32 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

I think it's a good idea to get other AKIA members involved
into this competition as way of judging.

People like THEGODBEAST , Johnny , & Nate would be good candidates.

But if they cannot agree on winners then doc's vote must be final , after all it was all his idea.

Mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#33 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:11 PM

I think since they will be part of your collection, and you're the one who's gonna have to look at them all the time, I suppose you should be the only judge. I think it would be most fair if you alone would choose your favorite.

BTW: Mine should be done in a couple more days. :D
Posted Image

#34 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

Ok, as God beast revealed, I have decided to go with a small panel of judges. Most of them will remain nameless unless they reveal themselves. I chose not to name them to avoid shmoozing, but if they want to be known that is up to them. The judging will work on a points system and since it is afterall my contest, my vote will be counted as more compared to the other judges, but their votes will prevent an all out biased decision. I honestly would choose the one I liked the best, but just to prevent any slanderous remarks or negativity I think the judges is the best idea. It also makes it a little more fair to the Non-Akia contestants.

Good luck guys.

Edited by doc_moore_j, 19 July 2004 - 09:38 AM.

#35 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

Holy Carp!!! I just stumbled my way back to the boards. Looks like a case of horrible timing on my part. Maybe I could help judge, or has that been done already?

#36 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

I would love it if you helped judge, I would even send ya a claw to paint for me for the hell of it, or if you can get it to me by the deadline, I would accept that too. PM me, maybe we can work something out. I have seen your work and would like some of it in my contest, I mean after all, this contest is to buff up my collection of cool claws.

#37 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:27 PM

Holy Carp!!! I just stumbled my way back to the boards. Looks like a case of horrible timing on my part. Maybe I could help judge, or has that been done already?

Hell yeah pasvagrsvj, you should definitely participate!!! Your work is AWESOME! :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#38 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:58 PM

I just wanna thank Doc for opening my eyes to the world of painting MUSCLE figures. Since i've finished the 3 Claws i've painted 6 others for my own collection.

#39 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Doc, did you by any chance get some kind of traceable delivery method? I still have not recieved the Claw to paint... :D
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#40 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

Is a "Holy Carp" like a "Blessed Carp?" :D :D :lol:

Dude, I thought you would have been in on this contest like a fly on carp <-he! He! he! :lol:

TGB

#41 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

I lost the site when the URL changed. Haven't done any painting in a while, this should be fun.

#42 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:52 PM

I'm done with mine, I shipped it sometime last week. I hope you like it doc. B)
Posted Image

#43 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:03 PM

Great, I look forward to see what you did with it.

#44 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

Just finished mine today too. I plan on mailing it soon so you will have it in a few days. I want to make sure the paint is completely dry though first before sending it. I used enamel paints that take longer to dry, but in turn last a lifetime, so I want to make sure it is ready before I send it off.

;)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#45 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:02 AM

;) Sweet Alex,
I can't wait to see all of these additions to my collection. I have been so ancy and have only seen one so far, at least the one so far is so awesome I do not mind looking at it :cry:

#46 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:23 PM

My Custom Painted Claw is on its way to you. I hope you like it! :ph34r:

:cow:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#47 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:03 PM

I got myself another AWESOME claw in the mail today! You guys are in for some competition.

#48 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

I got myself another AWESOME claw in the mail today! You guys are in for some competition.

How many have you gotten so far out of the 13 competitors?

;)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#49 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:29 PM

two ;)

But on a positive note, they friggin rock! I am expecting quite a few this week though.

#50 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:27 PM

two ;)

But on a positive note, they friggin rock! I am expecting quite a few this week though.

Did mine arrive yet? B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com