71 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

So, maybe Bandai is trying to cash in on the whole "Battling Tops"/Beyblade trend, but the mini figures being packaged with the new 4" line are actually kind of sweet.
They seem to be made from the same plastic that the Alien Powder figures were, and are of a similar scale.
I wonder if they'll ever release them on their own?
Regardless, neat looking figurines. I'll add pics or a link when I can find them.

#2 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

So, maybe Bandai is trying to cash in on the whole "Battling Tops"/Beyblade trend, but the mini figures being packaged with the new 4" line are actually kind of sweet.
They seem to be made from the same plastic that the Alien Powder figures were, and are of a similar scale.
I wonder if they'll ever release them on their own?
Regardless, neat looking figurines. I'll add pics or a link when I can find them.

yeah they caught my attention at Target and it was hard to put the box down.. I love companion mono minis. :)

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Me too! I saw some at Target, that were pressed under the "Haywire" subset. The 4" figures were mash ups of two existing Ultimate Alien figures, and the minis were colored to match their corresponding 4"er.
A white Humungosaur, with blue trim? Check. A clear see-through mini? Check, and mate.

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I haven't seen those figures you're talking about, but I did see for the first time some larger action figures that I'm assuming are new, on open cards like the Bandai America Godzilla line. They are incredibly detailed for Ben 10 toys and actually look rather cool!

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh yeah, the vinyl figures are amazing. I saw the Ultimate Aggregor today, and I actually have the Vilgax on my television right now. I am a big fan of those, not to mention how affordable they are.

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

They're vinyl? Should've known, didn't pick them up for a closer look. I only remember the Fourarms in particular, plus a second newer design I don't recall by name, and they were fantastic.

#7 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Yeah I read a about these recently and looked for info on them. I haven't been to a shop to see em in person so I looked online for info.

so far there are some video reviews.

, the atamii.com guy. man this guy loves toys.

and this kid

the one thing that bugs me though is, that it looks like the legs on the minis are connected. I know there's hole in the bottom of the figures so they can be affixed to the omnimatrix, but it looks like they extend the walls of that hole all the way down and give the legs the connected look. But I am digging that NRG mini maybe I can remove those bits... I'll have to decide when I see one in person.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Oh, okay, I see that the Haywire minifigures are included with these 4" action figures, but the previous versions of those characters in the 4" scale come with them too (in their original colors, naturally). So any 4" action figure in that packaging includes the minis, not just Haywire versions.

Edited by BaltanII, 14 September 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#9 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Correct. Honestly, I think some of the Haywire minis look more appealing that their original counterparts, such as the purple Swampfire.

#10 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Cool minis - I somehow missed this thread until today! Will def. have to have a look at these the next time I'm in Target.

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

The only disappointing thing, is that they haven't made any of the villains of the line. That's somewhat typical, though.

#12 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Picked up the Haywire NRG (blue) figures today, and I have to say that the minifig is pretty awesome! The material is indeed very similar to the Planetary Powder plastic; it may be a bit more rubbery though, I'll have to compare them to see. The connector between the legs does throw the sculpt off a bit, but some careful X-acto'ing should fix that right up, should you be so inclined. I'll take pics soon!

#13 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have the majority of these figs, as my son loves the 4" figs and is generous enough to let me have the mini figs. They look pretty cool all lined up next to one another.

#14 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Just got this guy to check out the series, I'm really pleased! Probably have to buy more of these.

Attached Files

#15 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Wow, he's pretty sweet, he kinda looks smug. I might be able to look over the connected legs. I can't believe I haven't been to department or toy store over a month to see these in person yet.

#16 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Haha, he totally looks smug! I've been eyeballing these guys every time I go the store and I finally had to cave and get one. Now I want more!

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

Honestly, the leg connections don't really bug me. They're definitely not going to tip over, either. I've got the Rath, purple Ultimate Swampfire, and Ultimate Humungosaur. I'm pretty happy with them.

#18 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

Well I broke down and ordered an NRG from amazon. I'll probably wind up picking up an ultimate spidermonkey as well. He knew I was gonna buy him, that's why he's so smug.

#19 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

That reviewer's energy is infectious. I already like Ben 10 (the show) and this guy almost made me go buy an Echo Echo figure :lol:
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#20 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:50 AM

I do love the NRG minifig - something about his chunky, square sculpt really appeals to me. I also picked up the haywire Ampfibian (dark green). The minifig is really sweet! I'm actually enjoying the 4" figures more than I thought I would, too. I don't really collect articulated toys but these guys are well-made and just fun.

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I agree. I got a few Generator Rex toys, and ended up getting 10x the enjoyment out of the little virus figures, than the 4" figures.
And NRG does look amazing in blue!

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Picked up the Haywire Armordrillo today. That mini looks NICE, in red. NRG looks great in that light blue, also. I'd love to see them bust out some of these with the classic aliens, and maybe some villains.

(It always irked me, that they never released any alien powder figures of the villains.)

#23 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Picked up the Haywire Armordrillo today. That mini looks NICE, in red. NRG looks great in that light blue, also. I'd love to see them bust out some of these with the classic aliens, and maybe some villains.

(It always irked me, that they never released any alien powder figures of the villains.)

Heh, those were the next 2 I was looking into getting, but I might go with classic yellow Amordrillo, if the details aren't too washed out, usually what happens when transparent goes with lighter colors.

Anyway I was searching the interwebs and saw these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ben-10-Series-1-Mini-Figures-Mystery-Bag-Includes-1-Figure-NEW-/350507048096?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item519bd91ca0
picture included for posterity

so far other than some ebay auctions I haven't seen or heard of these anywhere. I really hope these make it stateside. I'm really digging the SD sculpt and no leg connections. Some one was selling the NRG opened and it's looking sharp. Infact I'm really digging that entire second row, of Fourarms, Armidrillo and NRG.

Attached Files

#24 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

WHOOOOOOOOooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Those look freakin' awesome!

#25 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wow.. awesome indeed! I really hope those find their way to US shelves. Not holding my breath though..

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com