• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 arpadokay

arpadokay

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Reading Lord Dunsany in bed. Not as romantic as it sounds.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hi everybody.

Just wanted to drop by and let you know I got some great new finds in the Ultraman action figure/kaiju monster toy department. The cream of the crop:

Attached File  ultra-kanegon.jpg   802.92K   2 downloads

1983 Kanegon

Attached File  ultra-satanbeetle.jpg   746.47K   1 downloads

1989 Satan Beetle

Attached File  ultra-dada.jpg   765.31K   1 downloads

1994 Powered Dada

As always, all figures are $10 each and available to ship to the US via

http://etsy.com/shop/hollywoodmirror

This lot makes it over 30 tokusatsu action figures in the shop. Plenty of other stuff too- just posted some more anime soundtrack vinyl, Toei plush, etc. Cheggitoot.

Edited by arpadokay, 26 June 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hey, do you have access to any of the Takara Tomy / Panda Ana gashapon figures from Japan?

Fruit Zombies

Fat Cute Soldiers

Green Green Army

Statue of Liberty

The Thinker

Zoo Zoo Zoo

There's about 6 or 8 others.

Edited by steverotters, 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Satan Beetle? Is that for real?

Because if so, that is awesome.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

attachicon.gifultra-kanegon.jpg

1983 Kanegon

I have a keshi version of this dude, now I know his name :)

#5 arpadokay

arpadokay

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

TBH I don't see much contemporary stuff, a little bit of TOMY bust mostly BANDAI odds n ends. I put about a tenth of what I go through online and the rest goes in the brick & mortar store.

That said my boss is always looking for new stuff to import so I will talk to him about gashapon toys (he has mentioned wanting to get a machine for the store) and if I make any headway I will post it on LRG.

Satan Beetle is totally canon. Ultraman monsters have bonkers names and even more ridiculous backstories. Oh the things you'll learn doing this job.

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Gan Q for president!

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Great stuff, dude.  Good ol' goofball Kanegon.

Love that Satan Beetle design.

I'm negotiating now for a lot of around 50 Ultra kaiju from Japan.  Here's hoping!   :)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

That Satan Beetle is actually from the long ago era of 2007. Vintage 6" Satan Beetles are either bright orange with white sprays on the limbs, a darker grey body with chrome sprays on the limbs, or the more recent all-black with chrome gold sprays on the limbs. The reason for the confusion is that Bandai's vinyl molds more or less remained in use for years. Every so often, certain ones get retired, but Bandai is fond of bringing them up. At least, until Bandai decided in 2013 their Ultra vinyl lines would get a downgrade to the Ultra Hero 500 and Ultra Monster 500 lines in their smaller 5" scale.

Similarly, the Kanegon isn't a 1983 original but I can't pinpoint the exact release as closely. It's most likely one of the late 90s or early 00s figures given the appearance and the use of more than one metallic spray.

#9 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

That Satan Beetle is actually from the long ago era of 2007. Vintage 6" Satan Beetles are either bright orange with white sprays on the limbs, a darker grey body with chrome sprays on the limbs, or the more recent all-black with chrome gold sprays on the limbs. The reason for the confusion is that Bandai's vinyl molds more or less remained in use for years. Every so often, certain ones get retired, but Bandai is fond of bringing them up. At least, until Bandai decided in 2013 their Ultra vinyl lines would get a downgrade to the Ultra Hero 500 and Ultra Monster 500 lines in their smaller 5" scale.

Similarly, the Kanegon isn't a 1983 original but I can't pinpoint the exact release as closely. It's most likely one of the late 90s or early 00s figures given the appearance and the use of more than one metallic spray.

You know your stuff, man.   B)

I still have a few of my childhood monsters, purchased from Circus World in the early 80s.  Black King, Bemster, and a few others.  There is a lot to love about the rudimentary earlier Bandai sculpts, but they really started knocking it out of the park as the years went on.  The best part?   Most of those Tsuburaya monsters can easily be had for $5-$20 each!  Even deeper discounts for guys like me, that don't mind some paint loss and in some cases Japanese kids' initials.   :p

"Warning sir please!  Monster haves some paint damages old playtime please know this things!  Yes, OK?"

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#10 arpadokay

arpadokay

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

I am just going by the date stamped into the foot. My experience is that the represses will have an original date on one foot and a repress date on the other foot. Since all these fellas only had one date stamped into them, I figured they were the real thing. That would explain why I have multiple paint jobs of Alien Metron with the same mold and same year stamped on them. Is it an affront to collectors if I feel that $10 is a fair price for any pressing of the toy?

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

Unsolicited though it was, I only provided my commentary for the sake of information and assistance in better identifying your wares, nothing more. It's nothing to do with calling your prices into question.

Bandai has an alternate means of distinguishing the press of a figure in recent years, which you will probably see on one of Satan Beetle's feet as one or more dots, up to four in a diamond pattern. Satan Beetle's been around the block long enough that there might only be one. I don't think I own a 2007 Satan Beetle to check myself. Kanegon might or might not have the same markings, depends how old he is since I don't know when Bandai started using that system.

Edited by BaltanII, 27 June 2015 - 12:26 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ultraman, ultraseven, kaiju, tokusatsu, vinyl, action figures

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com