• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:45 PM

out of all the battle beasts that i had as a kid i remember not playing w/ the bear all that much. he didn't look all that tough to me and his armor was nothing special. even now as i collect them again he is not one of my favorite beasts.

what bb or lb is your least favorite and why? (if you have a reason?)

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#2 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:08 PM

BB's...probably the polar bear or the terrier dog. The Polar bear doesn't even look like a polar bear and the dog is boring...ya know...the skunk sucks too!!! As artimus has point out in his "species thread" the skunk's gas mask and stripe are all that really identifies him as a skunk... He sucks too!!!

LB's...probably BOTH monkeys!!! Fighter monkey looks tarded and Jereer monkey has a pot leaf for a hand? WTF is that all bout?

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 21 February 2005 - 02:11 PM.

#3 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:17 PM

I could care less about Bodacious Bovine. The figure never did it for, even though I'm going to add it to my collection anyways!

Also, I never liked the head on the Grizzly Bear. I looks like his head is about to explode.

And WTF is up with the Duck? Why, oh why did takara ever decide to make a Duck BB? I mean, it looks okay (I guess) but a Duck BB is just stupid!
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#4 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:21 PM

BB's...probably the polar bear or the terrier dog. The Polar bear doesn't even look like a polar bear and the dog is boring...ya know...the skunk sucks too!!! As artimus has point out in his "species thread" the skunk's gas mask and stripe are all that really identifies him as a skunk... He sucks too!!!

LB's...probably BOTH monkeys!!! Fighter monkey looks tarded and Jereer monkey has a pot leaf for a hand? WTF is that all bout?

TGB

i agree with you Marty,

and ya, WTF is up with a monkey having a pot leaf for a hand when everybody knows that they're on crack. Must be some freaking tree-hugging hippie with long hair working in the design deptartment for Hasbro back in the day. Someone should have told him/her to Quit dreaming about your lunch-break you freak and get back to work on that monkey.....

Lets not forget about the Flaming Flamingo.....yuck~!! i always have a smile on my face before i realize that he just fell down (again) that someone stole him, but no luck. Well he actually doesn't fall down, i just wish he would :blink:

#5 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:15 PM

i dont really have a least favorite, i like some more than others but none really stand out to me as blatantly stupid. you guys cited some fine examples though. i think the jeerer monkey character was created out of a crossover that involved the stoned cobra when they went on a journey to find the doobie rub and the bong of power...
"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#6 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

My favorites are as follows (in no particular order): Rabbit, Toad, Leapin' Lizard and the Cuttlefish

My least favorite is, without a doubt, Danger Dog.

Edited by CuttleFishforsale, 20 April 2005 - 05:32 PM.

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

i dont really have a least favorite, i like some more than others but none really stand out to me as blatantly stupid. you guys cited some fine examples though. i think the jeerer monkey character was created out of a crossover that involved the stoned cobra when they went on a journey to find the doobie rub and the bong of power...

WILL's STONED COBRA

#8 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:44 PM

ya know...the skunk sucks too!!!  As artimus has point out in his "species thread" the skunk's gas mask and stripe are all that really identifies him as a skunk...  He sucks too!!!

TGB

Awwwww.....Skunk is one of my favorites. How can you say that. Hahaha, ok, well maybe the fact that he is one of only three original ones that I had as a kid. Infact, him and Chameleon were the first two I ever got. So maybe there are some sentimental/nostalgic feelings at work there, but still, I love him. As my character, he is kind of like a sneaky, stealthy ninja (although still good), who uses either nunchuks (for fast, multiple attacks) or a bo staff (for defense against stronger enemies or a slower, stronger attack). He has night vision, short burst jet boosters on his back to help him leap up to places or to get away, gas vents to gas out the enemy and is decently quick and agile. Of all my good guy Battle Beasts, he was always the darker, mysterious of all of them, and was also second in command behind Chameleon.

On a side note, I never had the weapons as a kid. I mean I was 4 years old, they were too small, I didn't care. So later on when I was 8 or so, to create the weapons for them, I would just look at what was on their shoulder, and say that those were their weapons, kind of for a visual reference. So Skunk used Nunchuks, Chameleon uses two Katanas, Elephant had his obvious sledghammer but also had a cross between a blade and a discus that he could hold or through, and it goes on like that. Even today, I still use those as their weapons for my original three beasts.

As far as my least favorites, well, I mean I like all the Battle Beasts and Laser Beasts. And because I went for 18 years only having a max of 4-5 at a time, I really cherish any new BB that I can get my hands on, however there are still some that I really don't like as much as others, Rubberneck Giraffe- just looks way too awkward to me, Hare Razing Rabbit- This one I never liked as a kid, but who knows, I may end up liking him once I actually get one, and Slowpoke Sloth- Of all the animals they still had yet to do in series 3, why did they do an animal that almost never moves. I just don't understand. The figure looks decent enough, but the animal itself I have always questioned.

For the LBs, the monkeys are pretty bad. I wouldn't mind picking them up for my collection, but as a kid they would have always been a bad guy that really gets beat up all the time.

Oh, and while I like the Duck, I have questions about him too. I don't have a problem with a Duck battle beast, but if you ar egoing to make one, why have it in baby duck colors? It just doesn't look intimidating to me. Well, in my storyline, I have it that he is really really bitter and grumpy, and as a bad guy he's actually meaner than most because of going through his entire life of not being taken seriously, being called "cute" on several occassions.

Eric

Edited by koppenschevelle, 22 February 2005 - 12:47 PM.

#9 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

Crusty crab sucks and what the heck is an ardvark?Hey i like the skunk too

#10 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:55 PM

I could care less about Bodacious Bovine. The figure never did it for, even though I'm going to add it to my collection anyways!

I totally agree! Bodacious Bovine was sort of a boring figure. When it came to my battle beast battles back in the day he was always the first to die. :D

~~~Omega~~~

#11 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:19 AM

so goes the life of the cow! always destined for the slaughterhouse. :D

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#12 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:20 PM

the one i least liked was the rabbit, because it was the figure i had the most! i also didn't like the duck , sire horse and danger dog, and also the colonel bird (i remind you that the 3rd serie doesn't exist in france).
the worst weapons, for me, is the koala's one, because it really doesn't look like a BB weapon!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#13 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

There are a few I don't care for:

Pirate Lion: Surprisingly enough it is the maine (I can't spell...forgive me) that anoys me about him. His maine is more like some GQ hair style. It would be much better if it ran under his chin. Other than the maine I like him though.

TT Snake: I hate how he stands, and how he holds his weapon. With fourth_heir's custom paint he is bearable now though.

Owl: The idea is good, but the wings are weak! I also don't like the stumpy arms.

Squirel: I don't like the position of his arms. I pay attention to small details, and his arms seem to be too far forward, like he's trying to squeeze his chest together.

Skunk: He's ugly, and the white stripe isn't a stripe at all, and he's ugly.

There are others that I am not too fond of, but they are more for animal choice than for problems with the beast design.

There are far more that I like than those that I dislike though

--grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#14 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:13 AM

Frenzied Flamingo is a horrible example. And the worst Laserbeast is certainly Monkey Fighter. He looks like a deformed troll.
As for 'the first casualty', I'd have to say Hardtop Tortoise consistently met an early end.

WHO'D BE WILLING TO DO CUSTOMS #'S 6 (straighten up Snake's neck) and 106?

Edited by Red Marauder, 20 April 2005 - 07:15 AM.

Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#15 Mr. Crimson

Mr. Crimson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hello,

I would have to say that my least favorite Battle Beast is Frenzied Flamingo.

Thank You,

Mr. Crimson
I want to buy a #1 White Lion complete w/weapon

My feedback: positive 10 / neutral 1 / negative 0
Link: http://forums.beastf...?showtopic=1062

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com