#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

http://nerditis.com/...-papo-schleich/

Allosaurus-TRex.png

I'm still lazy from my move, so here are more dinosaurs!

Papo and Schleich are two other big names in the relaistic-dinsaur-awesomeness category.  The other is Safari, but I don't have any Safari pictures ready.  Papo is known for, if not accuracy, incredible lifelike detail.  Schleich is known for being sold in Toys R Us - what they lack in accuracy they make up for in accessibility.  Butrecently, they have begun to produce some uber-coolness.  So today, I am looking at the Papo Allosaurus, which is not "accurate" but looks awesome, and the Schleich Therizinosaurus, which just looks cool.

Allosaurus.png

See what I mean about the Allosaurus?  It looks incredible, like something that could actually exist... but those iguana spines couldn't be real.  Papo tends to do things like this, but their work is so awesome that it's completely okay.  The Allosaurus has an articulated jaw.

Allosaurus-Allosaurus.png

Seriously.  LOOK AT THAT DETAIL.  LOVE IT.  Even sticklers for accuracy love this Allosaurus!  A lot of it is in the paint, though - the people at Papo know how to make a creature look lifelike, and it shows.

Therizinosaurus.png

The Therizinosaurus is an oddity.  We don't have all the bones for it, and what we have is weird.  It was this big, scythe-handed, long-necked, fat-bodied ostrichsaurus.  The figure pays lip service to its probable feathering with some proto-quills along its back, but mostly it's just a gigantic monster with claws.

Therizinosaurus-Face.png

The paint job, while not Papo-level realistic, is dynamic and interesting enough to hold attention.  Also, you can move his arms as well as his jaw.  Nyar har har!

Therizinosaurus-JazzHands.png

The Therizinosaurus is pretty huge, too - he's at least eight inches tall, and absolutely towers over other dinosaur toys.  This puts him way out of scale with everything, but does not diminish his fun level one bit.  Expect more normal postings next week, but for today... enjoy the dinosaurs!

Therizinosaurus-Wave.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:59 PM

Wow do you have pics like that of a spinosaurus?

It used to be my favourite dinosaur as a kid.

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

11918916136_9ecea514a5.jpg

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

Thats awesome!! :D

Thanks for the pic!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com