106 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Anyone see these? Great idea! Blind blagged!
http://minifigures.l...os/Default.aspx

#2 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yes but you can tell which is which if you scan one of the barcodes with your iphone or similar upscale phone. Also, Holodoc over at Eurobricks.com has a printed barcode guide:

Posted Image

Edited by Username, 30 April 2010 - 03:25 PM.

#3 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Robot looks awesome...

And the caveman is full of lulz.

Posted Image
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

I just want to swap out pieces and make a zombie cheerleader.

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

They look fantastic, however I do pine a little for the days when Lego was generic blocks with very few bespoke pieces/figures.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#6 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

These look great, I'll be on the lookout for them. It's nice that they're new figures, but they could've expanded the line into the hundreds (thousands?) and lessen the chances of getting duplicates by bagging up figures from LEGO's entire history - would've been fun?

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

I know that a second series is already in the works, so I think Lego has plenty of time to get to others. I don't see these failing anytime soon, but we'll see.

#8 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

I know that a second series is already in the works, so I think Lego has plenty of time to get to others. I don't see these failing anytime soon, but we'll see.

The second series will be coming out in a few months and series 1 will be retired.

If you buy a case (60 bags), you will probably get 2-3 full sets + extras:

Review of Series 1

#9 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:16 AM

I was hoping these would come out this month as most of my 4th graders are really into LEGOs and I thought these would make a nice part of an end of the year gift for them.

#10 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

These are really cool. I love Legos in general, but they are so pricey! At least for me...

#11 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

No, I think they're pricey for everyone! Unless Danes get a "domestic discount"... any Danish people on the board that we know of?

#12 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

I can see these being a hit already, they're not figures you can get quite the same in sets, and sets are ridiculously overpriced anyway. The robot is incredibly cool!

#13 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:15 AM

I got my first figures from this set. I spent some time feeling up the foilbags since I don't have a barcode app for my phone.

I got the Nurse (awesome with 2 syringes), Forestman... nice update of a classic, a Native American, a Crash Test Dummy, a Spaceman... could have done without this one, two cheerleaders... definitely another awesome one, and three ninjas! The second Katana for the Ninja is a bonus as well.

This is a cool series. At $2USD they are pretty much on par with the modern standard pricing for LEGO. My brother and I feared they would be released at a $3 pricepoint when we first got news of these.

It's also very fun an exciting to open the foilbags to actually see what you got. Kinda like the old excitement of opening trading cards.

I now know what collecting Gormiti in Europe must have been like.... feeling foilbags to guess what character was in them.

I highly recommend buying at least a couple of these to any forum member. You'll share some of my excitement when you get the packs open.

#14 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Awesome that these are out. Where did you snag yours?

#15 mrmagwitch

mrmagwitch

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Just found a bunch of these at TRU yesterday.

I have a few doubles if anyone is interested in trading (figure they are worth one muscle man or equivalent each).
Posted Image

#16 mrmagwitch

mrmagwitch

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

i bought some more.

The barcode list posted here is not accurate.

I made this image of the ones I bought today to help you guys out:

Posted Image

#17 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

picked up 5 packs today at my TRU. Paid nothing since I had a $10GC I put towards it.

Posted Image

They are pretty neat, there are a few here and there that I wanna get still. The 5th one is in package still till I do my video.

Posted Image

#18 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:51 AM

Love the look of that wrestler! I've gotta find these this week. Classes end Thursday and I wanted to get one for each of my students.

#19 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

It's a good idea... And these seem like a lot of fun.

However, I was hoping they'd give us something just a little different than the same old lego body that we've seen for the past 20+ years.
Regardless, this does open the door for a lot more possibility, as far as new lego-figure combinations.
So far, the positives outweigh the negatives.
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.

#20 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

Finally found some! Have a Magician and a Crash Test Dummy to trade.

#21 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Where exactly in TRU are you guys finding these? I checked a couple of stores in NJ today with no success.

#22 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

Mine were found in the actual LEGO aisle on the bottom shelf in between the Kingdoms stuff, but I think most people are finding them on the LEGO island in front of the aisle.

#23 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

I found the ones at TRU hanging on a peg display on the side of an end cap on the Lego aisle.

#24 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have a cheerleader 2 zombies and two dummies for trade I need the nurse clown robot Indian and magician
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#25 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

I've checked both TRU near me without any luck either. Nothing in the LEGO aisles or endcaps, or the island up front and the employees had no clue what I was talking about... which I guess is not too different from asking any TRU employee anything about anything though :huh:
-Barry

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com