• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

I was at my wife's family's Christmas last night and her niece got some of these. They are way too girl-centric for me or my boys but I thought the concept was very cool. With as well as they are doing, I figured it was only a matter of time before they come out with a similar line for boys. So, I went to the website: http://www.squinkies.com/ and it looks like that not only are they coming out with a boys series that includes aliens, robots, ninjas, sports (meh), but also a Marvel line (don't care much for Cars or Hot Wheels). I'll be watching this closely.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, I thought these things were a very awesome concept, and the fact they are going for the boys market as well, is tops. I'd have loved to have had something like this as a kid.

Posted Image

#3 ErnieB

ErnieB

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, I thought these things were a very awesome concept, and the fact they are going for the boys market as well, is tops. I'd have loved to have had something like this as a kid.

Sweet, my son likes these things that are all the rage in his school called squishies. Almost like the same size/material i believe and they are actually gumball machine things that also come with a code to enter online and play ( sqwishland.com i think )

I look forward to the boy squinkies.

#4 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for posting, My little one loves things like this..... I wonder where he gets it from??? :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Soupie just made an entry for these at ToyPedia.

Looks pretty sweet so far, for a little girl.

I can't wait to see what the Marvel ones look like!

http://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=squinkies&x=0&y=0

#6 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

Soupie just made an entry for these at ToyPedia.

Looks pretty sweet so far, for a little girl.

I can't wait to see what the Marvel ones look like!

http://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=squinkies&x=0&y=0

This is the first time I've been excited for a new mini figure line since Fistful of Power. I'm looking forward to the generic boys line the most. I don't know a whole lot about the girl's line but it looks collector driven which will be a lot of fun.

#7 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

..I find myself mildly anticipating these as well if for no other reason that to see what the Head sculpts look like on the "boys" figures.

Edited by Articulationnut, 12 January 2011 - 10:04 AM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#8 halfbad

halfbad

http://adamprattart.com/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Toy figures, miniature painting, gaming, sculpting.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

I saw these in TRU over the holiday, and thought "they really should do these for boys." I am glad to hear that they will be coming out with robots and Marvel and such.

They are pretty cool, and with the big toy makers shying away from the little rubber guys in the past few years, I am happy we are getting something that might be neat for some of us to collect.

There should be pictures up online of them soon I would gather. I hope they are cool.

Edit: I just emailed them to see if they can't send us a picture or two to whet our appetite. I hope they do. I will post the response up here when I get it.

Edited by halfbad, 12 January 2011 - 12:24 PM.

"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time."
-George S. Patton

My art.

#9 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

I saw these in TRU over the holiday, and thought "they really should do these for boys." I am glad to hear that they will be coming out with robots and Marvel and such.

They are pretty cool, and with the big toy makers shying away from the little rubber guys in the past few years, I am happy we are getting something that might be neat for some of us to collect.

There should be pictures up online of them soon I would gather. I hope they are cool.

Edit: I just emailed them to see if they can't send us a picture or two to whet our appetite. I hope they do. I will post the response up here when I get it.

I'd love to see pictures now, if they reply. I suspect we will see something at Toy Fair either way.

#10 halfbad

halfbad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'd love to see pictures now, if they reply. I suspect we will see something at Toy Fair either way.

They responded, no pics =(

Adam:

Thank you for contacting Blip Toys.

We are happy to report that Squinkies is a phenomenal success and we are receiving many inquires similar to yours. We are expecting to release “boyâ€￾ styles of Squinkies in 2011. Look online at www.Squinkies.com for “NEWâ€￾ product information.

We hope you will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Best Regards,
Blip Toys Customer Service

Ah well,like you said. Should be sooner than later that pics show up online.
-George S. Patton

My art.

#11 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

That's cuz they were afraid you'd make 'em first!

#12 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Ah, too bad. Wish we knew when in 2011. Hopefully next month we'll find out more.

#13 halfbad

halfbad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Ah, too bad. Wish we knew when in 2011. Hopefully next month we'll find out more.

Well, reading the official Squinkies blog says spring of 2011, so that could be anytime between now and May I suppose. They mention Marvel, Cars 2 and Matchbox, and hint at Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc.

This could be a fantastic collector's release, as far as toys go.
-George S. Patton

My art.

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Wow, Transformers and TMNT would be sick. I can these becoming a big addiction, as they are actually quite affordable for a substantial collection. As long as they stay away from the blind box tactic I'd be down if they are nice. Specially Turtles.

Posted Image

#15 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I think they have the majority in some of the sets visible and a few hidden, at least with the ones out now.

Thanks for the blog site, I didn't see where they hinted at TF & TMNT, but I would definitely be interested in some non-movie TF ones.

#16 halfbad

halfbad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

I am sorry about that, I had read a couple of toy blogs after a Google search for the boy squinkies, and now I can't find the one I referenced lol.

Either way, even if they only do Marvel and generic aliens/ninjas/monsters, I will be happy. Now how to store and display these little things..
-George S. Patton

My art.

#17 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

This thread is a great example of why I like this forum; finding out about toyline I hadn't heard of. Hopefully a few of the ninjas are interesting enough to find their way into my miniature plastic art collection. Gracias.

#18 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

These are coming out in the UK Only the Girl versions so far though. The Prices are £5 for a 4 Figures and A ring to put them on or £10 for 16 figures 4 of which are hidden secret figures.

Found them in new Argos Catalog by the looks of it they is not going to be any kore Gormiti Sets in UK but they is a unrealted toyline coming that are very simlar to Z Bots.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Found them in new Argos Catalog by the looks of it they is not going to be any kore Gormiti Sets in UK but they is a unrealted toyline coming that are very simlar to Z Bots.

Is the Z-Bots like line called Androidz?

#20 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Is the Z-Bots like line called Androidz?

Yup thats them Their Offical Website is way to Flashy and is really Laggy though and if You click on the British Flag you get coming soon but you can see the Figures if you click the US site right next to it :rolleyes:.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Yup thats them Their Offical Website is way to Flashy and is really Laggy though and if You click on the British Flag you get coming soon but you can see the Figures if you click the US site right next to it :rolleyes:.

Here's a thread about them: http://www.littlerub...showtopic=31420

I was never compelled to buy more.

#22 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:29 AM

Emailed Blip and got a reply:

Thank you for contacting Blip Toys.

Boy Squinkies will be available at Target approximately May, 2011. All other retailers; will follow this date. Marvel Squinkies will be available at retailers approximately June, 2011. And Hot Wheels Squinkies will be available at retailers approximately August, 2011. Check out all the "NEW" Squinkies introductions online at www.Squinkies.com

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. We hope you will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Best Regards,
Blip Toys Customer Service

#23 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

The Marvel ones are popping up on ebay from a Hong Kong seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b9862e9d

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b9862d1f

And here is a picture of them out of the package: http://therumorbuste...hp?topic=1200.0

Edited by Mr.Monster, 21 March 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Very cool, but i think i have to see them in person before i buy any.

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Those look soooo cute! :lol: But the price...total bummer. I won't be able to buy them. I finally saw some Squinkies at a Wal-mart the other day, and they wanted $4.99 for a pack of 3. Way too expensive for something so tiny.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com