• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

I took a few hours last night to seperate all the MUSCLE I had in my fish tank in to their respective colorways. My goal is to get some kind of loose idea how many I have in total, without going through the grueling process of counting them individually. So my idea was to weigh a single figure, and then based on that weight, compare it to the weight of the entire lot (which will obviously have to be done in sections). I prefer an underestimate vs an overestimate, so what do you think, weigh one of the smaller sculpts or weigh one of the larger, heavier sculpts? Perhaps the answer is obvious, but I'm a bit dislexic, and so I'm genuinely not sure which weight will give me the lower end figure I'm looking for. Math is hard.

Attached File  IMG_4371.JPG   178.06K   9 downloads

Edited by CaffeineSanta, 03 June 2017 - 07:00 PM.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#2 Dpsexpress

Dpsexpress

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore collector/ main focus Star Wars but I pretty much love all 80s toys

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Take the time to count out 100 of them and weigh the 100. This will give you the most well rounded average estimate of figures by the pound

Follow me on Instagram @Dpsexpress

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

DUDE! Looking at those boxes...I think I just had a nerdgasm!

#4 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

Here is an old topic concerning M.U.S.C.L.E. weight.

#5 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the ideas!

Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#6 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:54 PM

Alright, I used both kayfabe1985 and fuzzbuster's suggestions and came up with a rough estimate. Using kayfabe1985's suggestion, I counted out 100 random figures and weighed them at 1.4 lbs. Using the weights that fuzzbuster had come up with for the lightest/heaviest sculpts, ​I decided that since the lightest MUSCLE is around 4 grams, and the heaviest around 17 grams, I would just round to the middle, at 8 grams per figure, which a lot of 100 random figures would be 1.7 lbs. Those numbers are close enough, so I just used the lower number of 1.4 lbs per 100 figures. So then I weighed out the rest of the colors, and this is what I came up with:

Volume in lbs per color:

Salmon 4.4 lbs

Magenta 3.6 lbs

Orange 4.6 lbs

Green 4.2 lbs

Purple 8.4 lbs

Dark Blue 8.4 lbs

Red 7.2 lbs

Light Blue 4 lbs

Pink/flesh 66lbs

For a total of 110.8 lbs. That's not counting 4, 10, and 28 packs, SC's, SR's, or bootlegs, thats just loose figures in the giant aquarium. So even rounding down to 100 figures per 1lb, I have over 11,000 loose MUSCLE figs :D

Attached File  IMG_4388.JPG   185.68K   18 downloads

#7 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

Holy ***. 

Just recently I decided to start collecting like this. Pretty much just buying bulk lots at a good price of whatever Muscle on Ebay. I hope to one day have a collection as big as yours. Truly inspiring. 

#8 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:43 AM

Thats awesome! I've taken a break from grabbing anything from eBay, focusing more on local scores and trading, so you've got no competition from me ;)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com