302 replies to this topic

#1 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Saw these at my local Toys R Us and really liked them (I'm a sucker for anything from Moose). I can't wait to find a "Limited Edition", hope they are numbered like other Moose lines. Sucks they are only available at TRU though.

Trash Pack

Toys R Us

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Very c00l. i wish they werent painted th0ugh, and i w0nder if they are s0ft rubber 0r hard~?

#3 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

Very c00l. i wish they werent painted th0ugh, and i w0nder if they are s0ft rubber 0r hard~?

They are soft, that was my only complaint. They are very cool though. I bought 2 of the 5 packs. I like the trash cans! I saw on the poster that they have 3 limited edition guys...there is only 1000 made, 5000, and 10000.

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

s0 are they really s0ft like the boogaz~?

#5 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

s0 are they really s0ft like the boogaz~?

They remind me of the Squinkies material

#6 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

Heh, they're actually fun-looking! I'll have a lookout for these... Doubt if we'll have them here yet, but you never know. Probably end up as another cheap Home Bargains line :D

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:51 AM

Heh, they're actually fun-looking! I'll have a lookout for these... Doubt if we'll have them here yet, but you never know. Probably end up as another cheap Home Bargains line :D

:lol:

Most Moose stuff, if indeed it gets released here, does seem to end up there on clearance. Gamoja and Boogaz did, and at the moment they have Mighty Beanz and Crazy Soundz (Moose's branding strategy appears to be to pluralise everything with the letter Z).

So long as these Trash Pack things aren't sticky like Boogaz were I think they have promise.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#8 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I found them at my Toys R Us store already but the TRU Website said Sept 15th release date

:lol:

Most Moose stuff, if indeed it gets released here, does seem to end up there on clearance. Gamoja and Boogaz did, and at the moment they have Mighty Beanz and Crazy Soundz (Moose's branding strategy appears to be to pluralise everything with the letter Z).

So long as these Trash Pack things aren't sticky like Boogaz were I think they have promise.

They are not sticky...I hope they end up on clearance because I will buy them all up :D

Edited by seekingxar, 18 August 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

yeah if they are m0re like the Squinkies than B00gaz i might have t0 get s0me. the character designs are nice.

#10 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

yeah if they are m0re like the Squinkies than B00gaz i might have t0 get s0me. the character designs are nice.

I guess there is a free giveaway (for Australia only) if you go to the facebook page and like and comment "you heard about them in just kidding magazine". The first 100 people to say that gets a free Trashie figure...sucks they won't do it worldwide

Facebook

Edited by seekingxar, 18 August 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#11 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

...you break your O key, Eric?

The images of the figures looked alright, but squishy? I don't think so.

Edited by BaltanII, 18 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#12 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

I really like the look of these, sadly they are nowhere to be found for sale in England or ebay yet. If anyone has any sealed ones i'd love to buy some!
Let me know, cheers.

#13 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

...you break your O key, Eric?

The images of the figures looked alright, but squishy? I don't think so.

sadly yes and it wasnt even the key itself that broke, it what the little metal hooks that held the key so i cant even replace it~! ugh haha

#14 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

I really like the look of these, sadly they are nowhere to be found for sale in England or ebay yet. If anyone has any sealed ones i'd love to buy some!
Let me know, cheers.

Gotcha covered, PM sent

#15 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

sadly yes and it wasnt even the key itself that broke, it what the little metal hooks that held the key so i cant even replace it~! ugh haha

I think alexthecollector might play breakeys with you Eric......

#16 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

Just got an email back from the Moose marketing department, it's good news!

I received your mail regarding The Trash Pack from the Australian distributor.

I am pleased you liked the website and am equally pleased to tell you that yes they are coming to the UK and will be stocked in all major retailers from January 2012.

If you would like any more information please let me know.

Kind Regards

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Noon
Brand Manager – Boys Toys
Flair Leisure Products

A wholly owned subsidiary of Giochi Preziosi SpA

Good stuff :D

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#17 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Awesome, good stuff! :joecool:

#18 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

nice, good bit of detective work there TwoHeadedBoy :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#19 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

not to rub it in to you guys in the UK but so far I have bought 3 of the 5 packs and 4 of the 2 packs. I have only 1 double so far, so 22 different guys! Now that I'm hooked, have to try for a complete set.

I also found this on youtube:

Trash Pack review

#20 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

The nice lady at Moose is sending me a little something for free to get me started, whetting the appetite so-to-speak. The marketing team at Moose are superb :D

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#21 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

not to rub it in to you guys in the UK but so far I have bought 3 of the 5 packs and 4 of the 2 packs. I have only 1 double so far, so 22 different guys! Now that I'm hooked, have to try for a complete set.

I also found this on youtube:

Trash Pack review

That kid is awesome. He takes pride in being called a dork.

I'm gonna need to make trip to my local Toys R us sometime this week.

#22 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Here is some of the collection

Attached Files

Edited by seekingxar, 28 August 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#23 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

Just saying, Moose have the best customer relations team EVER. When they said they'd send me a little something to start me off, I was expecting maybe a single blind pack. Opened the post this morning and they'd sent me a whole 12 pack! Just about to open them, the beginning of another obsession, oh yes.

EDIT:

Just opened them up, they're slightly better than I thought:
Posted Image
Posted Image

They're REALLY small, and soft in a bouncy sort of way, but not in a pick-up-hairs-wherever-they-go sort of way. Nice and squashy yet still solid enough to matter. Fun designs as well! Roll on January etc...

Edited by TwoHeadedBoy, 30 August 2011 - 03:14 AM.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#24 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

Those are fairly cool. Definitely appear to have been designed by the same guy who did Boogaz.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

Thanks so much for adding all this info. Between the review (haha, that kid does better YouTube toy reviews than some adults) and the awesome pics, it sounds like these figures could be up my alley after all! Shame I haven't seen any yet.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com