#51 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, no need to go to all the trouble of bootlegging a bootleg........  kind of hard to get to mine as they're packed into a gumball machine, displayed with other various bootlegs.... but Meats...... if you have no luck, let me know guys.

#52 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

^ Exactly.

Don't go to all that trouble Angela. I am sure you can get some off people here really cheap or in trades. They are not difficult to find. If you put up a wanted post in the classified section here you can get almost anything. Takes some time but it hasn't failed me yet.

#53 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Here's what I have for her,Hopefully some of you can help her out.. I was able to get her the ugly snake villain guy tho.
Attached File  image.jpg   70.18K   25 downloads
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#54 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well I know I have at least the ghost you were talking about.

#55 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

Angela (AKA AMP, Meadowknight)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Thank you sooo much guys! :D

Meatcutta78- Those are GREAT!...and yeah that's the same ridiculous snake guy I had! The other ones are really neat too, so stinking weird, lol. Thanks for digging them up so fast! I sent you a reply in PM. 

imperfecz- If you have a ghost you don't mind parting with...that would be great :). I've been looking for another one since I was like 8 years old. You actually have them displayed...as in, on the original vending machine blister? I always dreamed about getting my hands on one of those as a kid...they always displayed the best ones...and ohhh the disappointment of putting in your last quarter only to get a stupid plastic ring instead of one of the displayed figures, lol. I have a very faint memory of having other characters too..but can't fully remember...this guy is VERY familiar though...the hairy guy at the far right front row..i may have had him at some point but can't fully remember.

bzi10gbmkkgrhqiokjgemcu.jpg

To be honest I like every one of these I've seen (the official ones and the bootlegs)...so if you guys have more or come across any you'd like to sell or trade, please let me know, or point me to them :). Thanks so much for the help/generosity! These just hold a lot of nostalgia for me and I love how weird the sculpts are. 

Oh, and speaking of sculpts, I just finished this piece earlier tonight by the way too...I'll just post a link though since it's off topic. I'll need to start a thread on here for my art soon. Thanks again guys...I'm so excited! I feel silly about just how excited I am, lol...but they were tiny treasures growing up, being a budding artist who's always loved weird mini figures :).

https://fbcdn-sphoto...794539905_n.jpg

#56 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

^ Exactly.

Don't go to all that trouble Angela. I am sure you can get some off people here really cheap or in trades. They are not difficult to find. If you put up a wanted post in the classified section here you can get almost anything. Takes some time but it hasn't failed me yet.

Sorry for the double post but wanted to reply to this real quick.

I have been super busy but have been meaning to look into the classified set up you guys have :). I'll definitely check it out soon...I have some stuff to put up for sale or trade as well. Thanks!

#57 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

Not quite the blister here.... I just put a bunch of bootlegs in an old gumball machine and displayerd them like that. Wouldn't feel silly here, that's kind of what this place is for... getting excited about stuff like this.

#58 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

That's still really cool...where did you find them? (these bootlegs)...an auction? or have you had them since they came out?

And yeah true...I am with like minded people here with these things, lol.

#59 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Ebay, they were being sold in random lots....  I think there was a link at the time in this thread or something. Bought some random lots to make sure and get a full set, ended up with doubles. I have a harder rubber bootleg from when I was a kid & would love to get more of those, it is about M.U.S.C.L.E. firmness and these are softer.

Edited by imperfecz, 19 August 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#60 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

You mean you have the gegege figures in the muscle hardness? Sorry confused....

And yeah I remember these bootlegs being rubbery, lol. I have a ton of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures but not the whole set. Those were the first minifigures I loved in life...I still have some of the same ones from when I was about 4 :). They were the literal FIRST toys I consciously wanted in life, which my mom found funny (in a nice way). I was an only child until just before my teens...so in my weee years my dad used to take me around everywhere. He would take me grocery shopping with him, and I remember reaching for the muscle figures randomly hanging up throughout the market, lol. He was really sweet and generous and would buy me a pack whenever we saw ones I didn't have yet :). I would get home and dump them all out on the table and stand them up, and my parents found it funny I didn't want girl toys, lol (I thought most girl toys were boring growing up!). It does make me wonder if these things had some influence on my sculpting over the years, since young minds are so absorbent. I look at the figures now (muscle, etc.) and each is a little mini work of art....which is why I still love them so much, aside from nostalgia. Even these weird GeGeGe Kitaro figures have some amazing little odd sculpts going on...I always love to imagine the artist sometime way back when sitting there doing the original sculpt, that could later create so much joy for weird kids like us, and then so much nostalgia and appreciation as weird adults, lol. I hope the figures I'm doing now can create some level of that, even though they're just being made indie at the moment. They are insanely fun to sculpt, it's nice doing something so loose as a break from larger more detailed/realistic sculpts...perfect to work on between other projects.

#61 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

The ones I have doubles of are the more rubbery ones, only have 1 of the harder ones from when I was a kid, then I have some hard plastic ones somewhere as well. But yeah the ones I need to dig out for you are the more rubbery ones.

#62 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

The ones I have doubles of are the more rubbery ones, only have 1 of the harder ones from when I was a kid, then I have some hard plastic ones somewhere as well. But yeah the ones I need to dig out for you are the more rubbery ones.

I'm pretty sure the ones I had were rubbery...like Monster In My Pocket texture? I would be interested in any rubbery or hard plastic ones if you don't want them. Obviously you'll want to keep the one from when you were a kid though :). I may still be tempted to bootleg a few in glow in the dark resin ones while getting my sculpts made/cast...just to have some in resin as well (and glow in the dark is just plain cool). Not to sell most likely, but maybe for cheap to cover costs at least... I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding that, lol. I'll see what my friend who's casting them thinks, if he wants to.

I managed to buy these off a friend on the October Toys forum, I'm super excited! None of those bootleg characters seem to be in the set though...there's a few out of view though, so I'm curious to find out about those. I think this is supped to be Series 2. ...I'm HOPING the figure that's kind of out of view in the bottom left hand corner is the hairy guy who basically looks like a walking mustache, but it's way too hard to say for sure :p. There's four along the bottom that I can't tell what they are...and one along the top. My friend already shipped them though! So i should have them in a couple days :). I can take photos of them out on my art table in some good lighting after they arrive, if you guys want to see!

9522494002_995c7b1d34.jpg

#63 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I have a few of the painted candy-ball figures. I'd like to get some more, but man, you NEVER see those things anymore.

#64 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

I have a few of the painted candy-ball figures. I'd like to get some more, but man, you NEVER see those things anymore.

I'm not sure what the painted ones are? I'm still reading older posts on this thread and getting caught up as I can...I just read the story behind these and how it's a big thing in Japan. The story is crazy! So odd, I wonder if there's a way to see the anime...if it's been translated at all. Honestly I'm not a fan of most painted minifigures, but there are some I like (Battle Beasts and Fistful of Power...I only have a few Fistful of Power guys though). 

I got my glow figures in the mail today from my friend already, and they're GREAT :D! I got my mustache dude I wanted too! I DO think I had a bootleg of him as a kid...and if I can find one, cool. It would be very cool to find these in flesh toned, since the details of the sculpts show up so well. I have him in glow in the dark pink though which is pretty cool! He WAS the character in the bottom left hand corner that I suspected might be him. Out of the 25 I like all of them, they're a little smaller than I remember, but so were my hands back when I had them. My friend who I bought them from is a smoker though, so I have the figures soaking in some vinegar since I'm really sensitive to cigarette smells. I'll take some photos tonight or tomorrow depending on how long I need to soak them for...the original box they came in is cool too...I have it airing outside in a safe place, lol. No offense to any smokers on here, I just hate the smell...my whole room smelled like smoke just because I had the package in here :S. Does anyone have any suggestions getting a smoke smell off of cardboard?  I may try baking soda.

#65 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Put the cardboard in a paper bag then seal it in a bucket or tub or whatever that is half full of charcoal. Leave it for a week. If there is any smell left do it again. Kitty litter also works well. Same process works with figures too if you ever have any you are afraid to soak in vinegar. I've had some HORRID smelling toys before that vinegar wouldn't help but the charcoal worked really well. The paper bag is just so you don't get black stuff on anything.

There is also a cleaning agent posted here somewhere(muscle section i think)that people use after they remove the smell to wash figures that makes them smell like brand new fresh muscle toys straight from a package 20 years ago. 

#66 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Put the cardboard in a paper bag then seal it in a bucket or tub or whatever that is half full of charcoal. Leave it for a week. If there is any smell left do it again. Kitty litter also works well. Same process works with figures too if you ever have any you are afraid to soak in vinegar. I've had some HORRID smelling toys before that vinegar wouldn't help but the charcoal worked really well. The paper bag is just so you don't get black stuff on anything.

There is also a cleaning agent posted here somewhere(muscle section i think)that people use after they remove the smell to wash figures that makes them smell like brand new fresh muscle toys straight from a package 20 years ago. 

Wow, nice! Thanks :D!

I need to get some charcoal then, haha. The vinegar has worked for me on figures before..but the charcoal sounds a bit easier, and obviously I can't soak the cardboard in it.

#67 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

I think they use Simple Green. 

The figures that I am talking about were revival style figures, made out of a semi-flexible pvc, as opposed to keshi rubber. They were painted, came in little eyeball capsules, and I want to say they came out after 2000.

#68 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Been seeing these pop up on ebay over the years, and never really payed much attention to them but I've slowly warmed up to them over time. About 1 year ago I bought a lot of LRGs from a member here and it had a lucky yuckie figure in there, so it wasn't long after I started to want more! Lol.
Recently, about a month ago I bought this lot off ebay but they still haven't arrived yet...
I prefer the harder plastic but I really like some of the colours the keshi rubber figures come in.

Attached Files

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#69 Meadowknight

Meadowknight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

I took some pictures of the little glow guys I got. They are GREAT! My only slight crit on them...is I wish I could see the details better, but that's just the nature of glow figures, and I will never stop loving glow figures!

I was in awe looking through them all! I took some photos of them on my art table...and grouped them by color...

1098231_10151650325538871_1542134642_n.j

944781_10151650325918871_445498630_n.jpg

1003922_10151650326058871_11616732_n.jpg

Now if I can get my hands on some of the solid color ones :p...when I'm not so broketastic I'll put up a wanted add...or maybe someone would be willing to trade me stuff for some.

#70 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I just picked up a small lot of the bootlegs (Lucky Yuckies) on eBay for a decent price. Excited to add another figure to my kappa collection! (not too many to choose from) :D

9/10 were unique but I ended up with one extra sculpt if anyone wants to trade for one I'm missing or another kappa. Which reminds me to ask if anyone has a photo of the full set of these? Or is a full quantity known? Only real speculation I've seen was on the LittleWeirdos entry from last year.

Attached File  IMG_20131003_144813.jpg   77.71K   20 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 03 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#71 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

i believe in the Lucky Yuckie set there is just the 12 pictured above. I bought 4-5 sets of these a few years back. The Gegege No Kitaro set they are from has a handful more.

#72 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Scored this lot up in Portland yesterday. I'm having trouble not opening the one with the book ;)
Anyone know what that book is about? 

Attached Files

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#73 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nice score!

#74 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Thanks!

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#75 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:57 AM

Realised that I haven't shared my collection of GeGeGe No Kitaro yet on this site!

I really love this line. So many creative and disturbing monsters.

I'm not exactly sure what they all are... I have a few extra squishy ones (the slightly larger ones you see in the pictures)

and one GIANT keshi of my favourite character, abura sumashi. I have no idea if they made other giant size sculpts?

Anyway, apologies for raising this slightly old thread, but hope you enjoy the pictures! 

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com