ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

I'm excited to announce the launch of my new Beastformers site, Forming the Beast. This is a concept that I've had knocking around in my head for a while now, and I've finally completed development to the point that I'm comfortable sharing it. The site will primarily serve as a central repository for the digital restorations of paperwork scans, some of which have already been scattered among the threads of this forum, but will also include other Beastformers related media.

I'll be making a new post every Friday, which I'm sure will taper off eventually, but for now I'm going full-speed ahead! For my first post, I tackled the Japanese Beastformers mail-away poster. Click below to check it out.

screenshot.png

Check it out and let me know what you think.  :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 27 March 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#2 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Nicely done.  Never seen that poster before.  Looks like the good beasts out number the bad ones by quite a bit.  Looking forward to your weekly updates. :thumbsup:

#3 Spyne98

Spyne98

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

Very cool!

#4 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Looks classy! What do you think is the best way to have that printed off to be as close to poster quality as possible?

The site looks very clean BTW. I love simple sites with good looking graphics.

Edited by optimusdrizzt, 26 March 2015 - 07:17 PM.

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#5 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

Looking forward to following Forming of the Beast. 

#6 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:12 AM

Looks Fantastic bro!

bbb3.jpg

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

That is incredibly crisp!

If you ever want my poster for this collection just let me know and I'll easily send it down for a scan.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I'm glad to hear the effort was worth it, I was driving myself mad setting up the design on this thing (ok, I'm still tweaking here and there..)

If you ever want my poster for this collection just let me know and I'll easily send it down for a scan.

thanks man! I'll for sure take you up on that. Probably be a bit since I'm planning to take a little break to work on the "smaller" stuff like packaging and cards for a while, this thing was a beast! (pun kind of intended)

What do you think is the best way to have that printed off to be as close to poster quality as possible?

All of the restorations I'll be posting on the site are secured PDFs to lock printing and editing, and they aren't print resolution, just large enough to be able to zoom in and enjoy on-screen. There are many reasons to post them as PDFs (file size, portability, etc) but I also realized that if I posted unlocked full-res images on the public domain it'd only be a matter of time before I saw them listed on eBay.This might not be as much of an issue for the retail packaging, but for things like posters and trading cards there's too much potential for bootlegging and I just wouldn't want them getting into the wrong hands. No lack of time and effort has gone into this project, so seeing someone steal my work and profit from it would be discouraging to say the least.

I do keep full 600dpi scans of the originals and there are a few places on the site where I mention to contact me if you'd like to use any of the imagery for special projects. A few guys have already spoken up about wanting to get a full-sized printed copy before I was even done with the restoration, so I'm going to find out more details about what everyone wants and the cost of making that happen as cheap as possible. I'll post updates over in your request thread: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=223473   :thumbsup:

Edited by bachamn, 27 March 2015 - 06:32 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beastformers, Battle Beasts, Takara, Hasbro, Blog, Website, Scans

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com