Hairy Boggart
Headless Man
Heiracosphinx
Hodag
Jabalius
Sciapod
Talus
Troll

I wondered has anyone made any progress discovering the correct numbering order, as in which number between 82-96 was assigned to each monster?

The Argentinian sticker book seems to have numbers where the stickers go, and the foreign trading cards also have numbers on the back, but neither system seems to relate to the regular figure order. For example, Windigo's sticker book number is 1, Hodag's sticker book number is 42. Blemmae's trading card number is 120, Djinn Shapeshifter's trading card number is 121. So that doesn't help at all, and I can only assume the sticker and card numbers are completely unrelated to the regular figure order, unless I'm missing some kind of pattern of translation.

Other than the sticker book and foreign trading cards, are there any other sources of any information regarding the unreleased monsters?

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

I'm not sure, but there might be some information over in this thread.

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=39364

#3 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm not sure, but there might be some information over in this thread.

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=39364

Thanks, well after browsing that thread I did see this link posted there - http://www.nuevadomi...ic.php?p=136861

Whoever wrote the post on the foreign site gives this numbering, but they don't mention the source for their information:

82 - Jabalius
83 - Talus
84 - Banshee
85 - Grendel
86 - Hodag
87 - Hairy Boggart
88 - Ankou
89 - Headless Man
90 - Troll
91 - Djinn Shapeshifter
92 - Heiracosphinx
93 - Sciapod
94 - Genie
95 - Catarenha
96 - Achelous

My instinct is that this person is just guessing though. As far as I can tell this order doesn't relate to the sequence of the unreleased monsters in the foreign sticker book, or in the foreign trading cards. So I don't think they copied it from either of those. Who knows where they got it from.

I'm hoping someone can find a more definitive/reliable source for the correct numbering order, somehow.

Edited by theassassin, 07 May 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

On a related note does anyone else get a kick out of saying "Hodag?" 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#5 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

No, but trying to pronounce "Heiracosphinx" gives me a headache lol.

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Every time I read that I hear it in my head like...

hodor+GOT.jpg

Edited by bachamn, 07 May 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#7 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

I'm afraid the reference is lost on me as I don't know who that is lol.

I just joined the foreign forum where someone posted the numbering order. The author still appears to be an active member there. I have sent them a message asking (via Google translate) where did they get the information for the numbering order they posted. Hopefully I will receive a reply.

EDIT: After just 2 weeks my membership on the foreign forum was deleted without explanation. I did not receive a reply from the member mentioned above so will stick to my original prediction that he is just guessing the numbering order.

Edited by theassassin, 23 July 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#8 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Call me slow but I only just noticed in series 1,2,3 and super-scary series, apart from Blemmyae, all the produced monsters are number ordered in groups by decending point value, per each series. As in, the group of highest point monsters come first in each series, then the second highest group, etc.

Blemmyae is the only exception. Being a 25 point monster, if he was indeed part of series 3 (which remember is not an official categorization) his point value should have assigned him an order number that places him next to Amphisbaena, Centaur or Orobas (all 25 point monsters). Yet instead he comes after Jimmy Squarefoot (a 20 point monster). This certainly gives credit to the theory I've heard before that Blemmyae was part of an aborted fourth series (which ended up being replaced by the super scary series).

Looking at the point values for the unreleased monsters (point values taken from the foreign art cards), it seems the highest point values are 20. This is suddenly starting to make sense to me. My theory is that the 25-point Blemmyae is not part of series 3 at all, but was actually planned to be the first monster in a cancelled 4th series, which also included the 15 unreleased monsters. Using this theory and the pattern of ordering in the released series 1,2,3 and super-scary series, I can construct a likely grouped order for the unreleased monsters (with Blemmyae being the only 25 point monster):

((NUMBER 81))

((25 Blemmyae))

NUMBERS 82-85 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

20 Djinn Shapeshifter

20 Heiracosphinx
20 Hodag

20 Talus

NUMBERS 86-89 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

15 Achelous
15 Ankou
15 Banshee
15 Catarenha

NUMBERS 90-96 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

10 Genie
10 Grendel
10 Hairy Boggart
10 Headless Man
10 Jabalius
10 Sciapod
10 Troll

Wonder if we can think of any other information around that might help pinpoint the exact order of each group?

I hope I'm not the only one who finds this fascinating and enjoys the challenge of trying to solve these little mysteries!

Edited by theassassin, 17 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

I will always wonder why they never released those monsters and instead just skipped them altogether. It doesn't make much sense. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

I will always wonder why they never released those monsters and instead just skipped them altogether. It doesn't make much sense. 

It would be great to locate/contact someone who worked on the line who might have some answers. I have already tried a little myself, but no success so far. And of course even if you do find someone, that's no guarantee that they'll have any useful information, have any interest in talking to you, or have the courtesy/time to think properly about your question before trying to get rid of you, lol.

I would suspect that the unreleased monsters were intended to be part of another free promotion thing, but for whatever reason there were delays and/or the deal ended up falling through.

Edited by theassassin, 17 May 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#11 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Call me slow but I only just noticed in series 1,2,3 and super-scary series, apart from Blemmyae, all the produced monsters are number ordered in groups by decending point value, per each series. As in, the group of highest point monsters come first in each series, then the second highest group, etc.

Blemmyae is the only exception. Being a 25 point monster, if he was indeed part of series 3 (which remember is not an official categorization) his point value should have assigned him an order number that places him next to Amphisbaena, Centaur or Orobas (all 25 point monsters). Yet instead he comes after Jimmy Squarefoot (a 20 point monster). This certainly gives credit to the theory I've heard before that Blemmyae was part of an aborted fourth series (which ended up being replaced by the super scary series).

Looking at the point values for the unreleased monsters (point values taken from the foreign art cards), it seems the highest point values are 20. This is suddenly starting to make sense to me. My theory is that the 25-point Blemmyae is not part of series 3 at all, but was actually planned to be the first monster in a cancelled 4th series, which also included the 15 unreleased monsters. Using this theory and the pattern of ordering in the released series 1,2,3 and super-scary series, I can construct a likely grouped order for the unreleased monsters (with Blemmyae being the only 25 point monster):

((NUMBER 81))

((25 Blemmyae))

NUMBERS 82-85 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

20 Djinn Shapeshifter

20 Heiracosphinx
20 Hodag

20 Talus

NUMBERS 86-89 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

15 Achelous
15 Ankou
15 Banshee
15 Catarenha

NUMBERS 90-96 (ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY)

10 Genie
10 Grendel
10 Hairy Boggart
10 Headless Man
10 Jabalius
10 Sciapod
10 Troll

Wonder if we can think of any other information around that might help pinpoint the exact order of each group?

I hope I'm not the only one who finds this fascinating and enjoys the challenge of trying to solve these little mysteries!

The picture was Hodor from Game of Thrones. Its a super popular HBO series at the moment. The only thing I can assume is that they should either be alphabitized or done in the order you suggested. Where is the announcement that they were canceled? Did they show up in just the cards? If that is the case, I would go by the set number and use that as their numbers. I am stating this because it would help in the long run. Im pretty sure those cards are organized some how. 

Only reasoning I can assume is probably the molds being broken in China. Those factories have a tendency of destroying things kids love. I don't see any names on this list that would cause any legal issues for Matchbox like the Hindu ones did. But I wish I could have seen their take on an arabian genie... grrrrr lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com