• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Monster in My Pocket
    Alien figures/action figures
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hi all! 

In recent days I have had chance to get some Greek MIMP in my hands and to notice the numbers on the back of them.

I know that actually exist only 12 Monsters on 48 of entire series.

I have try to write a list of them, through my personal collection and several pics of other collectors find here in LRG, eBay and in the web.

Actually this is the list:

1. Bigfoot

2. Great Beast

3. Kali

4. Werewolf

5. Skeleton

6. Vampire

7. Triton

8. Griffin

9. Redcap

10. Karnak

11. Mummy

12. Catoblepas

ALL PICS THAT I HAVE FOUND ABOUT GREEK MIMP:

If you have new pics to send me, let me know! 

We can make a good pics collection!

Attached Files

Edited by ALieN, 14 October 2014 - 08:14 AM.

ChestBurster.gif

#2 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

Im confused you have pictures of all the ones you say are missing (Skeleton, Karnak & Catoblepas) however, if its the numbers you want they are (5, 10, 12) I know this as i have a fair few greeks - most of these pictures are them though i do have a few more i'd be happy to provide them for Darryls site when he wants them.

#3 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

He took these pictures from Ebay auctions. I am glad that someone provided this as I would like to begin collecting these. I bought the last Bigfoot because I wanted to have at least one Greek figure. Bob, do you have any idea how many total colors the Greek figures came in?

Also, I haven't heard from Darryl on the board since his move. The site still runs but not sure if he still updates it or not. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#4 ALieN

ALieN

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

Im confused you have pictures of all the ones you say are missing (Skeleton, Karnak & Catoblepas) however, if its the numbers you want they are (5, 10, 12) I know this as i have a fair few greeks - most of these pictures are them though i do have a few more i'd be happy to provide them for Darryls site when he wants them.

He took these pictures from Ebay auctions. I am glad that someone provided this as I would like to begin collecting these. I bought the last Bigfoot because I wanted to have at least one Greek figure. Bob, do you have any idea how many total colors the Greek figures came in?

Also, I haven't heard from Darryl on the board since his move. The site still runs but not sure if he still updates it or not. 

BoB: I have took these pictures from eBay auctions or private collection pictures from Flickr... instead some pics is mine.

I want to know the numbers exactly assigned for SKELETON, KARNAK and CATOBLEPAS... the number in the back of each MIMP.

I haven't those MIMP for check and I haven't pics of the back of them. Have you got in your hands these MIMP for check the number ??

5, 10 and 12 are the missing numbers... 

BoB and Judson: About Darryl's site I have sent him these pics for updated his site... I have also ask to BoB if he has pics about Argentinian MIMP for update that section on monstercollecting.

Edited by ALieN, 08 May 2014 - 10:37 AM.

ChestBurster.gif

#5 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

Those numberings i can confirm. As for how many colours not entirely sure. I will have finally moved into my new house in the next two weeks so will be able to get the mimps out of storage to give you some pictures. I have databased as many colours / images similar to alien but in the flesh they can be quite different to the auctions. As soon as i am able i'll list / post a number of pictures for the greeks.

#6 ALieN

ALieN

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Those numberings i can confirm. As for how many colours not entirely sure. I will have finally moved into my new house in the next two weeks so will be able to get the mimps out of storage to give you some pictures. I have databased as many colours / images similar to alien but in the flesh they can be quite different to the auctions. As soon as i am able i'll list / post a number of pictures for the greeks.

Thanks... I'm looking forward info about the correct numbers of those 3 MIMP... 

Edited by ALieN, 09 May 2014 - 02:20 AM.

ChestBurster.gif

#7 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Very interesting group. What was the Greek Mimps called on the packages? The name in Greek

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#8 ALieN

ALieN

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

Very interesting group. What was the Greek Mimps called on the packages? The name in Greek

I haven't info about these Greek MIMP (Packages or others), i know only the brand and is: "EL GRECO".

They are rarest than the others series (Matchbox, Mexican Sonric's, Argentinian Cromy, Peruvian etc.)

ChestBurster.gif

#9 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

I question how rare they really are. The other series like peru and Sonrics didn't pop up much on Ebay for a long time, but now they appear frequently. I suspect (and hope) this will be the case with the Greek series as well. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

I question how rare they really are. The other series like peru and Sonrics didn't pop up much on Ebay for a long time, but now they appear frequently. I suspect (and hope) this will be the case with the Greek series as well. 

This is exactly what happened with the El Greco Battle Beasts KO's that started turning up on eBay in the mid 2000's. People here went nuts and were paying insane prices per figure (there's a thread that details it more, but easily in the $100's per figure). Same thing with the Russian KO's, though those have depreciated much more significantly as the market currently stands.

The price for the Greek BB's has dropped to around $25-50/figure (depending on the color) but most people I've talked to who collect them feel this price is still a little inflated considering the supply/demand.

So bearing that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a similar progression with El Greco MIMP.

Edited by bachamn, 20 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com