#1 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

So I really don't get into big priced items. I have my basic set, a few variants and that's my limit. I haven't personally collected laser beasts or anything rare because everything toy I own my boys play with. So I don't want to get mad when they break things

Then this happened. I am selling a set for a guy that sent lasers, playsets and these tempting items. He has a few of those cedar point knockoffs. Not sure if those are collectable but they don't appeal to me. These three however I never thought I would see. I am sure I will chicken out, but what's a fair price on them these days? I really love the sculpts

So any idea what the cedar point knockoffs go for? He has 6. And any idea on a fair offer for these? I don't think I will see them again so I may need to jump. But he needs money so I want to be fair with an offer given condition and whatever other factors goes into valuing these. I am not looking to get a deal given his situation so really I just want your thoughts on what I would list them on ebay for then I will offer 20% less and see if he's okay with that.
Attached File  image.jpg   82.39K   19 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   81.91K   17 downloads

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

No clue, man, but that croc with the serrated pincer hand is really friggin cool.

Best of luck with them!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#3 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

That gator is cool as heck

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

I want those, hehe, seriously though I'd offer $200.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Yeah I know they are rare which is why I want to be fair. If we don't work something out I will message you fantomcore with whatever he decides. I know these would get a lot of interest.
But I am hoping he will agree to a price with me. He is doing research and getting back with me on a listing price but I am worried that since they don't show up often he will either hold them or try to get a crazy number. But after seeing these sculpts, I don't blame him. All three are awesome. I helped a guy acquire the gator and snake before but the other two are new to me. Wish these sets were more accessible as they are awesome.

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:06 AM

He has 6 meaning he has doubles of them or there are 3 other War Monster figs as well?

Think Fantomcore is pretty fair and spot on with his offer for these 3 though because on Ebay you can expect to get around $65-100+ each for them depending on condition and the presence of the rubsign (which in the case of the War Monsters is not some kind of heath activated sticker but more a bling bling kind of thing :)). Looks like from those 3 only one has the sticker but apart from that they seem to be in a more than fair condition.

I´m still looking for some Warmonsters myself as well so in case Fantomcore might pull out or you might have doubles of these I might be interested.

Nice find and hope you can make the deal work.

Enjoy the Beasts!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

looks like I'm late to the party on this one, but yeah I'm also still after those three. I think $200 is fair as a lot purchase but yeah they could easily get $225 if sold individually. Good luck finding weapons though.

Also, by "Cedar Point KOs" do you mean the Transmegator figures? (these guys?)

bbko_2.jpg

I've seen people ask like $7-8 each but honestly I value them at about $2-3 each. They kind of suck in every way and no one really wants them.

Edited by bachamn, 17 July 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#8 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:55 AM

Thanks GJ, I hope I can enjoy them.  Once he throws a number at me, if I can get them for $200 or less I'll consider it.  If it's higher then it sounds like you guys are telling me these aren't worth it.  And if I don't buy them I'll make sure to contact you guys and you can decide if you want them before they hit ebay. 

#9 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

Bachamn, yeah that's the ones.  I can take a photo but he has 6 of them.  I knew I saw something on them before so thanks for the correct names.  I'll post them later to see if anyone needs/wants them.  I would rather throw my hat in the ring on the 3 war monsters as I am certain I won't see them again. 

#10 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Buddy!

There is your ever-desired Unicorn!

I'm absurdly jealous and happy for you. I hope you can buy these guys.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#11 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, and actually to be precise the ones I posted up there are actually "Zeutron Defenders". Transmegators are the same sculpts but with colorful painted armor instead of the metallic with black accents. They came in single wax packs, while I believe the Zeutrons were distributed in all sorts of ways like gumball machines and ticket prizes but not packaged. At least, I've never seen packaging for them.

I have about 20 of these guys and I've tried to like them, but a bunch of them won't even stand up on the shelf, so screw it.

Edited by bachamn, 17 July 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#12 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

looks like I'm late to the party on this one, but yeah I'm also still after those three. I think $200 is fair as a lot purchase but yeah they could easily get $225 if sold individually. Good luck finding weapons though.

Also, by "Cedar Point KOs" do you mean the Transmegator figures? (these guys?)

bbko_2.jpg

I've seen people ask like $7-8 each but honestly I value them at about $2-3 each. They kind of suck in every way and no one really wants them.

Wow are those things hideous.

Why do I remember seeing a huge bin of these at a discount store and passing them by?   One of those .25 bins where they'd have erasers, pencil sharpeners, and stupid little novelties. They look more like pinheaded Fisher Price characters than Battle Beasts.

That green freak on the far right looks like the result of severe inbreeding.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

That green freak on the far right looks like the result of severe inbreeding.

...and it's supposed to be a goldfish. Everyone thinks it's a chicken ;)

some aren't bad facial sculpts, like the elephant and rhino, but overall they're just muddy sculpts with garbage paint

Edited by bachamn, 17 July 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#14 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

Um...I would rather have those shit-pile figures than Battle Beasts. They are so hideously awesome!

...is my brain broken?

Edited by derekdraws, 17 July 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#15 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

Um...I would rather have those shit-pile figures than Battle Beasts. They are so hideously awesome!

...is my brain broken?

Nah, you just prefer the finer (shit) things in life.   I collect nightmarishly bad MOTU and similar knockoffs, most of which look like hybrids of The Hills Have Eyes and Teletubbies.  Same logic.

Normally I'm all about the 'so bad it's good' vibe, but these deformed little devils pass the kitsch mark, even for me.

#16 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

The Hills Have Eyes and Teletubbies.

Bravo.

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I have about 20 of these guys and I've tried to like them, but a bunch of them won't even stand up on the shelf, so screw it.

I'd gladly take that hammerhead off'a you!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#18 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

I collect bootleg crap too, I love most of it. Like I said I've tried to like these but they fall over constantly, makes the shelf space not worth it.

And that's not my pic draz, I don't think I have one of my collection. I just pulled that from google. I might have a spare hammerhead I could send you eventually. I have that lego shark guy you were talking about for you too ;)

Edited by bachamn, 17 July 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#19 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

Wow are those things hideous.
looks like the result of severe inbreeding.

I made this same accusation in a previous thread about these!

#20 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Okay okay I get it they are hideous. They have found a new home but I love these comments.

#21 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Oh, I still wouldn't mind having that goldfish.

It's just so terribly ugly, that I can't help but kinda like it.

#22 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

This topic is hilarious.
Good luck on the Warmonsters there so cool.
I've had trouble getting the unicorn type guy.

Yea the weapons are as rare as rocking horse shit.

$200 would be a steel so good luck mate.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com