Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What are YOUR top 3 companion figures of all time?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I was looking through my collection this morning, and I can to the realization that a lot of the toys that I collect are companion minis from other lines. TMNT, Earthworm Jim, Toxic Crusaders, GI Joe, etc, etc
And there are clearly companions that have a lot more personality than others, whether you're talking about Ghostbusters minis, or anything else. I don't care if you're talking about Antman or Groot from Marvel Universe... What are your top 3 favorite companion figures of all time, and why? All I ask, is that the figure was a pack-in with a regular issue action figure (no TMNT retromutagen ooze figures, or MUSCLE or the like).

Mine:
1. Screwloose (TMNT, w/Wingnut). He's this awful little mosquito, in a wife-beater shirt and shabby pants. From the toothy grin to the bloodshot eyes, he screams "Shitbag", and I love it. He's full of personality.

2. Grabber Ghost (Ghostbusters, w/Peter Venkman) I can't really describe why this one above all of the others... But I have always had a huge soft spot for this little guy.

3. The Boar (GI Joe, w/Gnawgahyde)- I can't really explain much beyond loving the fact that it was a gnarly looking boar, tailor made for mauling downed opponents during action figure wrestling matches.

There are many wonderful companion figure minis out there, those are just the top three off of the top of my head. If I could write a list of 20, we'd be here all day though. haha, when I was a kid, I think I looked forward to the companions as much or more than the figures they came with.
What are your thoughts?

#2 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oooh, that's a good one...

Hmm...

I don't know if they count but I think my number one would be.

1. Mordles from Rocks n' Bugs n' Things. Love the look of those lil guys.

2. Timber from that first version of snake eyes that had Timber, He's SO PISSED OFF!

3. WilyKat, The one that came with Tygra. This was such a good idea, as I had NO interest in WilyKit as a kid.

Honorable mentions: Buzzsaw with soundwave, airshock with Mumbo Jumbo, Panthor with Skeletor (I know, that's stretching it), Those bendy deamons with the spawn 'Gravedigger' figure, the IZ,(the little mouth guys) with the McFarlane Maxx figure, I love Screwloose too, but the little fly guy, who came with 'Muckman' was cool also.

#3 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

haha, when I was a kid, I think I looked forward to the companions as much or more than the figures they came with.
What are your thoughts?

Great idea for a thread, and I'll have to think about more for the top-3 list (though Screwloose will likely be there for me too), but I absolutely did this as a kid too. I was never big into G.I. Joe, but I distinctly remember one that came with a pet crocodile that I thought was The Aboslute Shit and had to have it. I don't remember playing with the actual G.I. Joe, but the croc saw quite a bit of mileage :)

Edited by bachamn, 20 February 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#4 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Great idea for a thread, and I'll have to think about more for the top-3 list (though Screwloose will likely be there for me too), but I absolutely did this as a kid too. I was never big into G.I. Joe, but I distinctly remember one that came with a pet crocodile that I thought was The Aboslute Shit and had to have it. I don't remember playing with the actual G.I. Joe, but the croc saw quite a bit of mileage :)

Agreed. I couldn't have cared less about Gnawgahyde, and totally bought the pack because I was enthralled with the boar. Croc Master was at least a cool looking villain, but the crocodile was really rad.

#5 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

1. Salacious Crumb - I liked this character so much as a kid that I was fine with my brother getting Jabba and everything else he came with if I could have his companion. I regret selling him in a lot with my other vintage Star Wars stuff because I'm sure removing him from the lot really wouldn't change the price.

2. Cranius Un-Men figure that comes with Swamp Thing comes to mind because I just bought it yesterday.
Posted Image

3. I'll keep thinking on this to come up with my 3rd. I know I'm forgetting some good ones. I thought of Timber same as Skullking. Mezco's Choptop figure comes with Nubbins, but he wasn't a mini.

#6 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I've always loved the demon companions from Blackstar:

Posted Image

And the Mogs from Arco's The Other World line:

Posted Image

And all of the Ghostbusters companions. But if I had to pick a favorite GB companion I'd probably say the Wrapper Ghost (purple guy with long wrapping tail).

Posted Image

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

1. Joe Eyeball (Muckman companion figure, TMNT)

2. Slimy Spider Ghost (Ghostbusters)

3. The Fang Clan henchman that came with Rei from Fist of the North Star. It was reused about three or four times - both 199x and 200x Kaiyodo toys, and again with the Revoltech Rei (though this one was smaller). It's a little midget wearing animal skins who can SPLIT APART INTO PIECES. GORY, GORY PIECES. It doesn't just come apart, the pieces actually slide and swivel like he'd been sliced. I know that one had diagonal cuts and one straight cuts, but otherwise they are the same.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ridureyu, 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ive always liked the beetlejuice companions and joe eyeball from tmnt...BUT my favorite of all time is the rabbit that came with mighty bebop..he is too cool for school

#9 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Well my list is mostly redundant.
1. Screwloose (he always seemed like a lovable drunk to me)

2. Grabber ghost (see below)

but my number 3 choice is probably gonna be the Metool virus that comes with one of the Mega Man Network figures.

My buddy and I were just talking about this last week, about how I'm a sucker companion figures. And in Particular the RGB line. The thing I like about it is in one package you have your story. You have your ghostbuster and a ghost for busting.
Probably why the MegaMan choice made it up there as well.(also because I'm a megaman geek) So I guess instead of "companion" figures, I prefer the "anti-companion"?...

#10 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

For a bonus #4, I have to say the Flea Man that came with the Castlevania Succubus figure.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yeah I thought about the flea man too after I posted. But then I saw this

an impossible man figure that came with a human torch figure.

Dang, too bad I missed this when it first came out, not looking to spend 40.00 for an impossible man figure.

#12 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

My top 3 in no particular order:

Marvel Legends Doop(came with Deadpool) Never thought they would make him and then they put Doop with one of my favorite Marvel characters. It was like it was meant to be.

GI Joe Micro figure Sgt Slaughter that came with my B.A.T. as a kid.

I don't know if this counts but The Transformers Headmasters line Spasma, the head for Apeface. The Headmasters series is what led me to realize I like the smaller figures compared to the bigger ones lol. The fact I could put a transformer inside another transformer as a vehicle, then turn it into a larger robot always blew my mind.

#13 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Got my Swamp Thing figure today and took a couple quick pics with the Un-Men figures he comes with.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

Hands down my favorite.

I also love the ghost busters ecto-plazm figures but they might not technically be companions.

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I also may or may not have purchased the Generation X Emplate figure, just for the DOA companion figure with it... And man, those were some poorly made shit-ass figures.

I really dig what has been presented thus far....

What about your top 3 SLEEPER companion figures?

I think the Waterworld companion pieces look rad as hell, but I would never have thought to look there. Generator Rex had a couple of really neat ones, too.

#16 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

First thing that comes to my mind is this guy:

http://www.visiontoy...und_350_428.jpg

Played the shit out of this figure. I wish I could find either of the two. But I loved the imp thing!

I also loved Jurassic Park growing up, so my 2 and 3 could be any of the JP companions.

My local comic shop has this:

http://ecx.images-am...L500_SS500_.jpg

Which the figures look similar to that vampire one I posted. I've been half-tempted to pick it up just based on the mini figs. But I feel like it would be wrong to toss away a perfectly good Lara.

Edited by Draznar, 21 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#17 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I think the bats are the only good thing about that Lara.

And thanks for the heads up on emplate. I got that little guy in a random lot and knew he was a toybiz companion, but never really looked to see from which figure.

another cool toybiz mini comes with a character named Genesis, from one of the X-men lines.

Edited by bigazzhead, 22 February 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Did he come with that 2" red lizard guy?

#19 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think the bats are the only good thing about that Lara.

And thanks for the heads up on emplate. I got that little guy in a random lot and knew he was a toybiz companion, but never really looked to see from which figure.

another cool toybiz mini comes with a character named Genesis, from one of the X-men lines.

The figure looks absolutely awful. The bats reminded me of that other mini-figure with the super vampire dude.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

The figure looks absolutely awful. The bats reminded me of that other mini-figure with the super vampire dude.

Lara Croft has always been an awful looking character to begin with.

#21 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Lara Croft has always been an awful looking character to begin with.

Hey man when I was like 8 years old, Lara Croft was so hot.
<p> </p>
<p>

#22 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hey man when I was like 8 years old, Lara Croft was so hot.

When you're eight years old, square boobs still count as boobs.

#23 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Applicable? MIMP, Mini-Boglins, P.E.T. Aliens, Battle Beasts, OMFG, a little MUSCLE.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I still can't decide on my favourites...I saw this when there was just like 2 posts and i still can't...Screwloose would be in it though, maybe the Beetlejuice snake form...so many...

#24 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Posted Image

Hands down my favorite.

I also love the ghost busters ecto-plazm figures but they might not technically be companions.

Yeah the Isz definitely makes it onto my list. I actually just bought another carded Maxx a few weeks ago, but alas I've still not come across one with the Outback (black) Isz variant! :D

#25 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Did he come with that 2" red lizard guy?

I've never owned the figure but have seen it, yeah it's a little red guy with a toothsome grin.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com