9164 replies to this topic

#8726 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

speaking of Nisei I wonder if that Shadow of Budou in Nisei when they showed them forming the dMp if that was actually Strong the Budo or Neptune King

I doubt it's The Man. the dMp is an organization of underhanded, dishonourable villains and the Perfect Origins would have no part in that.

#8727 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Just a reminder, no chapter this week. Back on 19th.

Edited by Kanji, 12 February 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#8728 umgogo

umgogo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

I doubt that Yude had thought up the Perfect Origins all the way back in 1998-1999, when that Nisei chapter was written. I'm guessing that they used Budo's character model since he was the most recognizable Perfect Choujin.

On a side note, it is possible that the dMp - which appeared to be composed mainly of Zangyaku/Brutal Choujin - started out as less dishonourable.

#8729 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

I doubt that Yude had thought up the Perfect Origins all the way back in 1998-1999, when that Nisei chapter was written. I'm guessing that they used Budo's character model since he was the most recognizable Perfect Choujin.

On a side note, it is possible that the dMp - which appeared to be composed mainly of Zangyaku/Brutal Choujin - started out as less dishonourable.

I was under the impression that Brutal Chojin didn't have any particular code of honor, not that they were a unified force, mind. Still hoping we get a story arc with the Brutals after this Perfect vs Akuma thing. The Brutals have been mentioned extensively throughout the entire arc and we still have to see that big event Nemesis and Ganman said they were trying to stop.

#8730 umgogo

umgogo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

I've always thought of "Zangyaku/Brutal" as a catchall term for Choujin that are, well, brutal and bloodthirsty, but not associated with the Devils or Perfects.

The dMp was formed as a means of survival and future revival for non-Seigi/Justice Choujin rather than out of any unifying ideals, and as we know, a faction war lead to the near-wholesale destruction of the group. Sunshine mentions that the Devils were the fewest and thus were given the least space (and, presumably influence) in their headquarters, but since none of the dMp members shown display any signs of being Perfects, I assume them to have been Brutals.

Traditionally, I categorized the three camps as:

Zangyaku/Brutal: Chaotic Evil/Neutral Evil. Selfish and sadistic, but - pre-dMp - ultimately ignorable since they rarely pool their resources or have any ambitions outside "kill opponents and show off." Some limit their victims to opponents in the ring (pre-Face turn Ilioukhine/Turbinski, Destruction) and are technically "Neutral Choujin", others don't (pre-Face turn No Respect).

Akuma/Devil: Neutral Evil/Lawful Evil. Serve Akuma Shogun and/or Satan. Dangerous since they usually work together towards enslaving humanity, but occasionally show a sense of honour, as in the Nisei finale. In this new arc, they are depicted as the lesser evil, which I find strange and somewhat aggravating.

Kanpeki/Perfect: Lawful Evil. Haughtly elitists and Social Darwinists. Arguably the most threatening foes pound-for-pound, but relatively few in number. Some characters act like Perfects in all but name, such as Super Phoenix and - at times - even Kevin Mask and Mars. In this arc, they are presented as the Big Bads.

#8731 Kinnikufan89

Kinnikufan89

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

If I remember correctly the leaders of the dMp were Kirinman (Perfect Choujin), Shimao (Zangyaku Choujin), and Sunshine (Devil Choujin) with Sunshine being considered the "weakest" while the other two ran the organization together, more or less.  I always thought it was weird that Sunshine only had the two students and MAXman was not one of them.  Kinda weird since he is Sneagator's grandson, but I guess he wound up falling in with one of the other factions, possibly having no hang-ups ditching his familial ties in order to make it further in the organization.  Also, anyone else a little disappointed that we didn't get more of Ricardo?  He was easily the most interesting new character to come out of the Choujin Crown, but I guess Yude had nothing left to do with him after his impressive three match character arc.

#8732 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

If I remember correctly the leaders of the dMp were Kirinman (Perfect Choujin), Shimao (Zangyaku Choujin), and Sunshine (Devil Choujin) with Sunshine being considered the "weakest" while the other two ran the organization together, more or less.  I always thought it was weird that Sunshine only had the two students and MAXman was not one of them.  Kinda weird since he is Sneagator's grandson, but I guess he wound up falling in with one of the other factions, possibly having no hang-ups ditching his familial ties in order to make it further in the organization.  Also, anyone else a little disappointed that we didn't get more of Ricardo?  He was easily the most interesting new character to come out of the Choujin Crown, but I guess Yude had nothing left to do with him after his impressive three match character arc.

I always thought Ricardo would become the trainer for the next generation of dMp!

#8733 umgogo

umgogo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

I've never thought about the Maxman situation, but that is a little odd, since he appeared just before Sunshine's Nightmares.

IMO Ricardo had a lot of potential, but his "multiple personalities" facet could have been handled better. Even the Submission Artist (good) Ricardo was depicted as a merciless sadist, while the Lord of Darkness (evil) Ricardo could have used more original moves (and worn pants...). Also, Mantaro managed to turn his match against Ricardo around far too easily.

#8734 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Regarding the chapter - Oh your gods, Shogun's having his best moves used against him. At least he got the first drop in.

Else - Can you guys help me figure something out? I remember a certain wrestling move that was done but I don't remember who did it specifically. I'm 99% certain it was a Kinnikuman character. The person grabs the opponent in an underarm grab like Shogun likes to do then spins around. Next then do a bridge while the victim continues to spin around on their stomach and is sent flying up. I'm pretty sure it's a kinnikuman character but I'm stuck and it's giving me a headache XD Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8735 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

Regarding the chapter - Oh your gods, Shogun's having his best moves used against him. At least he got the first drop in.

Else - Can you guys help me figure something out? I remember a certain wrestling move that was done but I don't remember who did it specifically. I'm 99% certain it was a Kinnikuman character. The person grabs the opponent in an underarm grab like Shogun likes to do then spins around. Next then do a bridge while the victim continues to spin around on their stomach and is sent flying up. I'm pretty sure it's a kinnikuman character but I'm stuck and it's giving me a headache XD Does this sound familiar to anyone?

That sounds so damn familiar....any other details you can remember? What happened after the spinning and flying up? Was it in an anime or manga?

Edited by TheRealLordJaguar, 17 February 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#8736 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nisei, Anime, Video Games, Hangin with my friends,

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

I think Ricardo was a great villain and no if he wore pants he would look stupid, I'm still waiting on Yude to bring him back when and if they decide to go back to Nisei later on as it was stated by Ricardo he would return after embracing his dark side

Kid Muscle: No Way It Can't Be Is That You Dad? I Thought For Sure I'd Be Matched Up With Some Big Time Legend Like Warsman or Neptuneman I Can't Fight You Dad!

King Muscle: I'll Have You Know I've Beaten Both Warsman And Neptuneman But That Was Back When My Stomach Didnt Resemble A Taffy Pool!

SilverMillenuumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek! Join Us Today!

#8737 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

That sounds so damn familiar....any other details you can remember? What happened after the spinning and flying up? Was it in an anime or manga?

It was in the Manga, it was a large guy, similar to budo, Buffaloman, polarman, etc. I don't remember what they did once they threw them up. I'm thinking it might've been Boltman. The guy at the end of the Nisei series.

Edit: Okay I think I finally remember. I think it was Boltman/Voltman's move MegaHertz Tempest. Will confirm later.

Edited by AtarusMuscleSpark, 17 February 2017 - 01:51 PM.

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8738 umgogo

umgogo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

^^^

Yes, that's Voltman's/Boltman's Megahertz Tempest. It has two different "finishers": one being a belly-to-belly suplex drop ("Megahertz Tempest Complete", used against Mars) and one where he activates his Tesla coils ("Full Throttle Electric Power", used against Kevin Mask).

#8739 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

^^^

Yes, that's Voltman's/Boltman's Megahertz Tempest. It has two different "finishers": one being a belly-to-belly suplex drop ("Megahertz Tempest Complete", used against Mars) and one where he activates his Tesla coils ("Full Throttle Electric Power", used against Kevin Mask).

THANK YOU. God that was stuck in my mind for 3 days. Images of Thunder, Polarman, and other guys doing that move had me so confused.

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8740 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

https://bookstore.ya.../shoshi-709027/

Diamond Power!

Also I like Budo's atomic karate chop.

#8741 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nisei, Anime, Video Games, Hangin with my friends,

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

I'm betting this is one match Suguru wants The Man to Win because Suguru does not wish to fight Shogun again also that chop was very graceful who knew somebody as fat as The Man could be so graceful lol 

Kid Muscle: No Way It Can't Be Is That You Dad? I Thought For Sure I'd Be Matched Up With Some Big Time Legend Like Warsman or Neptuneman I Can't Fight You Dad!

King Muscle: I'll Have You Know I've Beaten Both Warsman And Neptuneman But That Was Back When My Stomach Didnt Resemble A Taffy Pool!

#8742 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

Oh damn, business is about to pick up!

#8743 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

https://bookstore.ya.../shoshi-711828/

Oh god Diamond Power Strong the Budo!

I like how we're starting to see more of The Man's design in these flashbacks. I think he looks good in that Roman/Greek armor.

#8744 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Damn I wish I read Japanese! 

#8745 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

since The Man is dominating most of this fight I'll say Shogun wins

#8746 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Okay what is that move that Budo is doing? I have seen that move so many times before but I don't know what it's called.

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8747 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Okay what is that move that Budo is doing? I have seen that move so many times before but I don't know what it's called.

I think Painman used it, which looks like an updated version of Neptuneman's special hold.

#8748 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

https://bookstore.ya.../shoshi-713645/

Shogun ruins The Man's mask and face, and now The Man is ANGRY. Looks like a new finisher from The Man.

#8749 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

The Mans always angry Proteus lol but I think the match is over unless Shogun reverses it which I think he will I just can't see Shogun losing so easily even Suguru had a tough time with him

#8750 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

I think Painman used it, which looks like an updated version of Neptuneman's special hold.

I've seen it in other media besides Kinnikuman, so It might be an actual wrestling hold.

And oh dang, The Man dropping that Helmet Crusher on him. Can't wait to see this finisher.

Edited by AtarusMuscleSpark, 06 March 2017 - 08:13 PM.

Jojo-Banner-2.png

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com