#326 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Let's take a look at those shoulder pads.

My guess is that we get those, as well as a pair that have the pincers out.

Could this also indicate an OCE Ninja? And possibly Satan Cross? Maybe OCE Ninja will have the pads with the pincers out, like the old romando.

xjBLn0X.png

2z0iyoh.jpg

tnd2p9x.jpg

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Ashuraman come with three of his Crying Face.

F1h8suZ.png

So excited for these! I held off on getting the original Ashura Man and Brocken Jr specifically to wait for these. Glad they're not too far off!

And I'd love if we got a Satan Cross. I'd probably lose my shit actually. He'd be so amazing as this style of figure.

I kind of hope they don't do OCE Ninja only because I just plunked down $100 for the anime color scheme one and I'd hate for them to turn around and announce one I like the look of more just days later lol

#327 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

I was just wondering because I really want a Mantaro Sh figuarts

#328 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

For those who missed out, today was pre-orders for Brocken Jr and Ashuraman. Cheapest place as always was Nippon Yasan! Seems to have overtaken Amiami, HobbySearch, HLJ and CDJapan as the No.1 Figuarts retailer!

Brocken Jr. - 3,920¥
https://www.nippon-y...or-edition.html

Ashuraman - 4,920¥
https://www.nippon-y...or-edition.html

I grabbed Brocken as I said I would. He's pretty much a new figure akin to Kinnikuman Throne Ver. In fact it reminds me of his tag battle against Prisman although it's likely based off his more recent battle against Crushman.

Ashuraman on the otherhand goes on the OCE skip pile with Robin Mask, Warsman and the upcoming Neptuneman.

Edited by Kanji, 01 March 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#329 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the info Kanji.  That site seems slick, but AmiAmi is still cheaper for me for shipping.

I'f def in for an OCE Asuraman, as I skipped on the first and I like the color diversity in my setup.  

Brocken Jr looks a bit light on accessories, but still a nice change for an OCE.  Even though he is a good dude in the anime, I still can't bring myself to spend $50+ on a Nazi.  I know, I know, different time, different culture.

Edited by ISoldMyBloodToSatan, 01 March 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#330 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

I generally stick with Amiami as well for standard retail releases, but NY's price point is tough to beat!

I still have my anime color Ashuraman mint in box, and I might sell it off on evilBay.

But at the same time, I've been itching to open him for almost a year now, and July seems so far off...

#331 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hey, feel free to join us in the SH Figuarts thread!

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=216879

#332 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

I don't think opening them really seems to reduce thier value, as long as you don't damage the figure or the packaging. I say crack him open!

#333 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

I really want these!
They look awesome, but I don't know if I can get them because they're a little pricey.

#334 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

I really want these!
They look awesome, but I don't know if I can get them because they're a little pricey.

Try Mandarake or AmiAmi!

They usually sell the new releases for under 4,000 yen and shipping is only about 2,000 yen for an SHF

A few of the figures get a little pricier (exclusives and figures that are larger like Ashura Man and Akuma Shogun) but most standard releases can be found for somewhere in the area of $40-$55, not too too bad for premium, super articulated figures

SHF is like my big Kinnikuman obsession besides Romando, they're addicting!

#335 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the reply
I'll try AmiAmi

#336 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:11 AM

Nemesis and Ramenman unboxed. Pretty sweet. Kinda need another ring now, one for anime and one for manga!

LA1h13i.jpg

#337 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Nemesis and Ramenman unboxed. Pretty sweet. Kinda need another ring now, one for anime and one for manga!

LA1h13i.jpg

Nemesis really impressed me, definitely a standout of the line so far. His colors look great. Still can't find a decent price on Ramenman, he ended up being tough to get if you didn't preorder him

#338 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

Newcomer here, apologies if I do anything weong.

I generally stick with Amiami as well for standard retail releases, but NY's price point is tough to beat!

I still have my anime color Ashuraman mint in box, and I might sell it off on evilBay.

But at the same time, I've been itching to open him for almost a year now, and July seems so far off...

Unless you're planning on reselling them in the future for a super high price, there's really no reason not to take articulated figures like these out of the box, since they're meant to be posed. Even then, their packaging is simple and sturdy enough that you could always just keep the plastic and box and stick it back in should the time come, the only thing that you really can't give it back is the plastic wrap around certain articulation points.

--------

That being said, I'm very excited for Sunshine, I love when figure companies, especially ones that make articulated figures, experiment with unique character designs, it's why I'm hoping SHF takes a crack at SteCasse King down the line, but I am curious as to how articulation would work for the Sunshine figure previewed a few pages back:

bLlb4Ua.jpg

Would the articulation be any ngood? Would it even be possible to pose? Obviously his arm is posed, but I'm a novice to articulation types and was surprised at the ingenuity of the torso-leg articulation SHF uses, so I guess it'd make sense that they could figure out a way to make it work.

Also, would anybody be able to tell me what the difference is between the two open hand types packaged with certain figures (like so)?

614bWAPXJzL._SL1376_.jpg

is it just a matter of how the hands are angled?

#339 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Agreed, Nemesis looks great.

#340 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Kanji, I'd like to see some more pics of your setup with the new figs, if you don't mind.

#341 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Newcomer here, apologies if I do anything weong.

Unless you're planning on reselling them in the future for a super high price, there's really no reason not to take articulated figures like these out of the box, since they're meant to be posed. Even then, their packaging is simple and sturdy enough that you could always just keep the plastic and box and stick it back in should the time come, the only thing that you really can't give it back is the plastic wrap around certain articulation points.

--------

That being said, I'm very excited for Sunshine, I love when figure companies, especially ones that make articulated figures, experiment with unique character designs, it's why I'm hoping SHF takes a crack at SteCasse King down the line, but I am curious as to how articulation would work for the Sunshine figure previewed a few pages back:

Would the articulation be any ngood? Would it even be possible to pose? Obviously his arm is posed, but I'm a novice to articulation types and was surprised at the ingenuity of the torso-leg articulation SHF uses, so I guess it'd make sense that they could figure out a way to make it work.

Also, would anybody be able to tell me what the difference is between the two open hand types packaged with certain figures (like so)?

614bWAPXJzL._SL1376_.jpg

is it just a matter of how the hands are angled?

I am so excited for Sunshine. He's one of the characters I don't have any figures of, whatsoever and the SHF looks freaking great. As for those hands, I'm not sure. The Ninja also came with two sets of open hands with hinged fingers like that. There's no discernible difference between them that I can see

#342 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Haven't looked at The Ninja's hands in a while, but in that pic it looks like the innermost pair are wider for better gripping poses, that's all.

#343 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

Flatter thumb angle. That's it. A lot of em have those hands.

#344 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hey, sweet news for those who don't like importing, cool for anyone else for the hell of it - Bluefin is distributing the line stateside! Don't expect exclusives, but both OCE Ashuraman and Brocken Jr. (yes, I was shocked by that too) are going to be released through them in North America. I don't expect them showing up at Barnes and Noble or such like other Bandai lines Bluefin distributes, but comic shops and all sorts of online stores can carry them.

#345 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Hey, sweet news for those who don't like importing, cool for anyone else for the hell of it - Bluefin is distributing the line stateside! Don't expect exclusives, but both OCE Ashuraman and Brocken Jr. (yes, I was shocked by that too) are going to be released through them in North America. I don't expect them showing up at Barnes and Noble or such like other Bandai lines Bluefin distributes, but comic shops and all sorts of online stores can carry them.

That is amazing!! Hopefully they'll end up priced close to what the figures go for after shipping on Mandarake and AmiAmi

#346 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

That is amazing!! Hopefully they'll end up priced close to what the figures go for after shipping on Mandarake and AmiAmi

Agreed!

#347 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

Has this already happened?
If not when is it going to happen?

#348 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Has this already happened?
If not when is it going to happen?

It looks like the first two they're distributing are Brocken and Ashura Man OCE

So these won't roll out til the Summer

#349 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

It's a bad example, but BBTS already have preorders for both at... adequate prices, nothing special, because it's BBTS. They'll both be sub-$50 but how much lower, like if MSRP is $40ish or not, couldn't really say. Nobody else has preorders up that I can tell, not yet, and like I said no way are these getting the wide distribution that gunpla, DBZ Figuarts, or S.H. MonsterArts do.

#350 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

It honestly kind of sucks that they didn't start earlier. I don't like waiting 2+ weeks for figures so aside from an ebay Ramenman figure (which at least IMO is so far the best figure in the line) and the occasional figure that gets US stocks for Amazon Prime (weirdly enough recently Robin Mask's OCE got some Prime stock and I snagged the last one), I've got nothing. It makes sense though, before discovering this thread I figured I was the only person in the US that liked Kinnikuman enough (or at all) to buy the figures.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com