70 replies to this topic

#26 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 09:03 PM

What are your guys favorite card thus far? Mine would have to be the Foiled Kevin Mask.

And it can be quit costly colllecting Ultimate Muscle, even more getting the M.U.S.C.L.E.'s. Lucky me just got 3 sealed 4 packs for $25.00. I think that they are all flesh, but at least one of them is.

Posted Image

#27 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:08 PM

They're not even worth two dollars if you ask me.

why the hell don't people like the cards i freaking love them

1. Badly Translated
2. Undeterminable Rules/ Cards w/o a point
3. Badly Coallated
4. Unpredictable Pack Configuration
5. Difficult to Read at certain points
6. No Templating
7. NO SUPPORT FROM THE COMPANY FOR EVENTS AT SHOPS
8. Not taken seriously as a CCG by Bandi, not sold to Comic and Game shops.
9. Slightly Overpriced

Need We Say More?

I've got a partial translation of all the non-wrestler cards somewhere on this board. Typing in CCG or Translation into the search tool should find 'em.

As soon as Jonny gets the other sides of the wrestlers scanned in, I'll translate them, too...

Just one question from ya'll who do indeed play the CCG regularly: What is the timing of the Super Wrestler's abilities that cause an event to happen that you play with?

Things like "This card is DMP" is obviously a static ability, and things like "Whenever a card w/ Kick in it's name is played, it's worth 1000 more Battle Points" is obviously a triggered ability triggering on the word "kick" being in the title of a card...
But if it says "Draw Three Cards?" It doesn't have a stated action that it looks for, and if you could do it at any time it would be BROKEN!.

Ha ha I was still willing on spending 13.99 on those cards. This obsession is going with my Pokemon one. And no i'm not some 10 year old kid I STILL LOVE MY POKEMON mmmmmm Ultimate Muscle and Pokemon.

If you like the Pokemon game for the game itself and its rules(how the game happens and such), and not "just because," let me know. I might be able to recommend some really good games to branch into. Some of them are even fairly inexpensive! :lol:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#28 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:12 PM

Yeah I do to. There like no card game i've ever seen. I mean losing power for wearing sneakers, Beef Bowls Galore, It's all good.

Oh, there are many card games like that out there.

Ever heard of Monty Python and the Holy Grail Collectable Card Game?

Well, in that one, one of the things you must do is quote the movie at legnth.

Most of them with such gimmics are simple gimmic games, made to cash in on some fad or craze or another. Usually artists are the craze, but sometimes it can be things like cartoons. Such as the Ultimate Muscle CCG... I think it has some potential with different marketing, though...
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#29 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:16 PM

just imagin how much money your gonna spend if you want to collect all the mirco figures. 2 colors with the figures each = 20 in all.

Even if you pay 2.99 for them, its still a pain in the arse to get all 20 of them. If you go to the store and buy like 8 of them you usually get all red, or all blue. Not to mention all the doubles you get. I spent like 50 bucks already and I still need 4 of them.
Posted Image

#30 Checkmate

Checkmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:39 PM

Sure I always love CCGs. I hope I can really get into the Ultimate Muscle game and they get their stuff together. Maybe put up a Starter Deck with a booklet of rules and a nice starting deck. That would be nice and maybe if word spreaded around a little more and got some more people into it.
Posted Image

WHEN WE SAW PARIS IN FLAMES!!

#31 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:50 PM

Well, try Brawl and Magic: The Gathering first. The former is a great Real-Time game, and the latter is probably the best CCG to ever come out. Also, Girl Genius is a good non-CCG that came from another (failed) CCG and it supports up to four players easily. Brawl and Girl Genius can be gotten at www.cheapass.com. You need probably two different brawl decks to play, and Girl Genius is a boxed set. Explore the website while you're at it, too... You might find something else you're interested in, and ninty five percent of the stuff on the site is worth what its price is. Some are worth more! :lol:

As for what I'd like to see happen w/ Ultimate Muscle, I'd like to see them go the Box Set direction that Illuminati: New World Order took w/ it's expansions. $30, you get the full set times four(well, six for UM, so it's a 2-player set), two of each SuperWrestler cards, and all twenty figures.

That'd be a great deal...

Expecially since some of the Super Wrestlers are Rare, but cards that only they can use are Common, and other iddiotities like that.

#32 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:23 AM

The game isn' all that bad , you just need to agree on rules
if yo uread my rules on kinnikuplanet it makes sense.

yea it's poorly translated.
but 2.49 a pack to 2.99 a pack for a figure and card is better then MTG 2.99 for 10~15 cards. plus is you buy enought packs you can use the mats as wallpaper :blink:
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#33 Checkmate

Checkmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:17 PM

Yeah the rules one your site are a huge help. Gracias Senor.
Posted Image

#34 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:54 AM

Well, it's interresting that you should bring up over paying for them..

One night one of my late classes was cancelled (in a snow storm) so I went to Target to get one (out of curiousity) and I paid the right amount for it (2.99) and after that, I missed the bus and missed the treain and missed the other bus and wound up taking a taxi home from the train station... they guy goes the wrong way, gets stuck up a hill (the meter is zooming now) and we had to turn back and go the RIGHT way...

So, the cab ride was 8, so I spent about 11 bucks on it... good thing I got a good figure with it (Curry Cook).

I personally don't care too much for the cards themselve, though I do want to keep them (well... not all 3 body slam cards) but I am SOOOO glad I got the Beef Gyudon card.... my fave one in the series.....

I usually get these as a plan B if they didn't have the new series in yet....
Posted Image

#35 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 03:15 PM

The game isn' all that bad , you just need to agree on rules
if yo uread my rules on kinnikuplanet it makes sense.

yea it's poorly translated.
but 2.49 a pack to 2.99 a pack for a figure and card is better then MTG 2.99 for 10~15 cards. plus is you buy enought packs you can use the mats as wallpaper :blink:

I read through your rules and some of them seem... quite broken.

Assuming I go first, I run to one of my Ring decks, draw a card...

Then my opponent, on his turn, cannot draw a card. Thus I've got a card advantage of One to None. My turn, I move over to another of my Ring decks, drawing another card. Oh! Look! My opponent doesn't get to draw again!

And card advantage is one of the cornerstones of all CCGs, some more than others.

Also, with reguards to Magic: The Gathering, you're paying for quality. Granted, it does take about $30+ to get a really good deck going that you can actually have a chance with when buying packs and decks... but it has the best rules set in a Collectable Card Game... Period. It's got a dedicated R&D staff, Development staff, and fan base. Et Cetera, and so on. It also doesn't need translation into English(gamer, at least). It's printed in that language.

Also, Warsman, would you be willing to have my take on the cards(Erratta/Translation) and my Alternative Ruleset on your site when I'm done with them?
What about getting scans of the backs of the SuperWrestler cards?

#36 Mayumi

Mayumi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:54 PM

Walmarts in my area have cut the price on the cards to $2.46.

If it weren't for the figures, how many cards do you think would have sold?

I'm not such a big fan of the game myself, but I would like a full set of cards just for collecting's sake. Not so worried about getting foils either. They just aren't interesting enough to me to keep the interest piqued.

#37 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 05:01 PM

I'm not such a big fan of the game myself, but I would like a full set of cards just for collecting's sake. Not so worried about getting foils either. They just aren't interesting enough to me to keep the interest piqued.

Me too. I like the cards, just not the game. A) I don't like to play these sorts of things, and :mellow: Who is going to play with me? What do I do? Take a bunch of cards down to the college and say, "HEY!!! ANYONE WANT TO PLAY ULTIMATE MUSLCE?!?!?!"

Just kidding of course. I collect the cards for 2 reasons, 1) I like the show, and I collect merchandise from shows I like, and :unsure: They always have them if they don't have the series 5-8 sets... which they never will... crud...
Posted Image

#38 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 05:04 PM

I havnt played with them, and as of now i really have no desire to play with them. I buy them just to collect not only them but the figures as well.

Posted Image

#39 Rhandi Mask

Rhandi Mask

The cute wrestler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:46 PM

I love CCGs, but aside from the sweet figures, there's really no reason to buy them. If it could be played as a either a solitaire-type or multi-player game like Ani-Mayhem was (bless its starter decks), then I wouldn't mind spending money on them so much. Hopefully series two will host enough cards so the same ones aren't popping up multiple times in booster backs. I'm up to my ears in Bites and Pump Thumper cards...
Posted Image

The Pride of Life - Give a roar!

#40 ApplianceMan

ApplianceMan

Always on Liquify

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:47 AM

Do we even know there's going to be a Series 2? I can't see them bothering when they don't even sell them at card shops. Honestly, how many of you have actually played the game for real? I think finding anyone who wanted to play the Ultimate Muscle CCG would be even harder than collecting all the figures. And you don't here any kids in Walmart talking about UM. So who are these things for, besides fans of Engrish?

#41 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:59 AM

Well... Might as well post this here since several people are talking about their desire to only have a Mint Sealed set:

Here's My Needs:
(Note: Purple numbers arn't nessissary, but would be nice)

Needs
03 Meat R ........................................3+2
13 Terryman R ...................................3+2
26 Super Wrestler Rocket R .....................Up to 12
44 Kinniku Buster R .............................Up to 13
45 Kinniku Driver R .............................Up to 13
52 Wrestler Cryogenic System R ..................Up to 12
59 Secret Plan...................................Up to 12

1 Kid Muscle R ..................................1+2
2 Terry Kenyon R ................................2+2
12 King Muscle R ................................2+2
14 Robinmask R ..................................1+2
19 KevinMask R ..................................2+2
20 Ramenman R ...................................2

Why do I want so many? Well... In a CCG, you build decks. These numbers would allow me to build up to four decks with a good bit of power. This game has all of the most-useful things as Rare, which sucks quite a bit... but I've invested in it, and I'll have it avaible for people to play... if they want. the four wrestlers of each character is for the same reason... but two is really the only amount nessissary for play after I get the collection filled... and that would't even be nessissary if somone would archive the fronts as well as the back.. Posted Image

#42 Mayumi

Mayumi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 06:37 AM

Another thing I don't like about this series of cards. There are so few different cards that I've bought only six pack but have about as many doubles as originals. It would take forever to come up with multiple, powerful decks if I were to play the game. Not that I have anyone to play with anyway.

#43 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 10:30 AM

I really do hope a series 2 of the CCG packs comes out.
I love the figures and have collected 9 of 10 blue and 9 of 10 red plus
4 doubles from series 1. The cards are still unopened and in the packs
because I dont have anybody to play the game with. I did open one pack
when I was bored and the cards are very nice. I think it is very interesting that there are several types of series one CCG packs you can buy. I have a case of the Kid Muscle packs while I have also bought one pack from a Terry Kenyon case as well. That whole foil color thing is a trip!
As for series one Im finished buying.
Series 2 please come out soon!

#44 Checkmate

Checkmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 09:26 PM

Well I finally played the game (more like 5 times) and I must say i'm addicted. But there were still some things I didn't get which aren't explained in the rules (or I don't think so). I also have 4 people to play with so i'm cool....

1. Do they actually expect your Micro Figure to land on its feet? That thing is impossible but you can't cheat the system and just raise it BARELY off the ground.

2. When you play an Assist card how long does it stay in play. Like Hercules Factory for example says you get 1000 battle points if your card is Muscle League well does it stay on forever? Because you'd think it would but their are Assist Cards like Steak Bowl Tune which sound like they only last one time and they're discarded.

3. What's the point of Effects like on Kid Mucle like make your Micro Figure face up or something?

I'm pretty sure I have more questions...But I have to think about them. Any answers for these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

#45 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 05:30 AM

1.  Do they actually expect your Micro Figure to land on its feet?  That thing is impossible but you can't cheat the system and just raise it BARELY off the ground.  

Since the game uses any Micro figure to play(as evidenced by the colored Wally on the rules), part of it is finding which one to use. Primarily the "toss the figure" cards are simply to introduce Randomness to the game.
Thus, they can be replaced w/ a die roll. Look for my "translations" for the cards 21-60 in this forum, and they've got "alternate" text for such cards.

2.  When you play an Assist card how long does it stay in play.

Until the end of the turn. That MUSCLE shirt would be NUTS if not. The shirt simply gives you 1000 points this turn, BUT if you loose, it doesn't count as an injury. See why now?

3.  What's the point of Effects like on Kid Mucle like make your Micro Figure face up or something?

Turning off Hardcore Gamers like my friends so they don't want to play the game...

In all seriousness, I belive it's to increse/decrese the randomness factor, a mechanic that would be better served with a D6(six sided die).

#46 TSL_punk

TSL_punk

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 09:33 PM

Well some more problems........Yeah...So here they are....

1. Does the loser of the battle turn his technique cards into Injury cards? I don't think so but I would like some confirmation.

2. My brother keeps saying that those overpowering cards like Kevin Mask are unfair. He has some alright cards but no Legends or Holos. He wants to know what the point of those other cards are if you can just kick their arse with ease with cards like Kevin Mask or Kid Muscle. Meh he just doesn't get it. He thinks that you should have to sacrifice and we're doing something wrong BUT WERE NOT! ...So...yeah.

-edit-

THIS IS CHECKMATE!! Under someone elses name for some odd reason.

#47 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 09:43 PM

Well some more problems........Yeah...So here they are....

1. Does the loser of the battle turn his technique cards into Injury cards? I don't think so but I would like some confirmation.

2. My brother keeps saying that those overpowering cards like Kevin Mask are unfair. He has some alright cards but no Legends or Holos. He wants to know what the point of those other cards are if you can just kick their arse with ease with cards like Kevin Mask or Kid Muscle. Meh he just doesn't get it. He thinks that you should have to sacrifice and we're doing something wrong BUT WERE NOT! ...So...yeah.

-edit-

THIS IS CHECKMATE!! Under someone elses name for some odd reason.

1. No, the looser isn't injured.

2. No, the rares in the game are simply unfair in many circumstances. Another strike against it. There are no true foils for those cards... Even Pumpinator vs Kid Muscle doesn't always mean that Pump wins. He almost never does, honestly...
I'm getting more disenchanted with the game as I go along... but I still think it has some promise.

#48 Checkmate

Checkmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 11:40 PM

Yeah there are so many broken rules and many rules that go unsaid. But meh I'm addicted to the game and I can't wait for Series 2..and stuff like that. When I go to my cousins house I'm going to play him and WIN!
Posted Image

#49 Drages

Drages

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 06:29 PM

i've got some questions as well i am REALLY trying to get into the game and for some crazy reason it's working!!! lol well here they are

1.can you draw from your opponents decks? (i REALLY hope not)
2.what is there is a tie in battle is it just canceled out?
3.since you can move 2 spaces per turn lets say you were just on a space that said your opponent recives 1 damage could you just move out of that space then move back so your opponent just keeps taking damage or with a deck?
4.on Kevin Mask it says Void any damages by an opponents technique card that means only 1 of their cards right?
5.you start of with no cards in your hand right?
6.when battle starts do you lay all the technique cards you play face down taking turns laying them face down then flipping them up at the end?
7.how long do assist cards last for? what about Steak Bowl Tine whould that just work if you your opponent was about to go into battle with you?
8.when you finish battle couldn't the next turn move out away from your opponent then go back in and battle him again untill he is dead like i said in question 3?
9.Is Ramenman really that good his effect is nearly impossable to beat!
10.i am still confised on when you swich to your standby wrestler how many can you have? i thought it was 3.
11.another thing on standby wrestlers in the befining of the game you seperate your standby wrestlers from the decks then your main one goes in the super wrestler spot and the other 2 go in the standby wrestler spot when you swich super wrestlers do you choose the top one and the old one you were using goes to the bottom of the pile of standby wrestlers? (i should just say the 1 other standby wrestler)

those are all the questions i have now i will post more if i think of any
You don't live for that long so make it good!

#50 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 09:31 PM

1.can you draw from your opponents decks? (i REALLY hope not)

2.what is there is a tie in battle is it just canceled out?

3.since you can move 2 spaces per turn lets say you were just on a space that said your opponent recives 1 damage could you just move out of that space then move back so your opponent just keeps taking damage or with a deck?

4.on Kevin Mask it says Void any damages by an opponents technique card that means only 1 of their cards right?

5.you start of with no cards in your hand right?

6.when battle starts do you lay all the technique cards you play face down taking turns laying them face down then flipping them up at the end?

7.how long do assist cards last for?
what about Steak Bowl Tine whould that just work if you your opponent was about to go into battle with you?

8.when you finish battle couldn't the next turn move out away from your opponent then go back in and battle him again untill he is dead like i said in question 3?

9.Is Ramenman really that good his effect is nearly impossable to beat!

10.i am still confised on when you swich to your standby wrestler how many can you have? i thought it was 3.

11.another thing on standby wrestlers in the befining of the game you seperate your standby wrestlers from the decks then your main one goes in the super wrestler spot and the other 2 go in the standby wrestler spot when you swich super wrestlers do you choose the top one and the old one you were using goes to the bottom of the pile of standby wrestlers? (i should just say the 1 other standby wrestler)

those are all the questions i have now i will post more if i think of any

SLANG ALERT: the word "mill" will be used to indicate a card is chosen from the top of a deck and put faceup into the discard pile. This originally comes from the Magic: the gathering card Millstone, a card that did just that, and only that.

1. I've found that the first few packs that I had stated that you simply drew cards from the deck you land on. This makes for an interesting game mechanic, a'la Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Zenophile, but it isn't a very good mechanic if you wish to encourage fair play. Apart from those twelve, the rest of the sheets state that it's only your decks that you draw from.

Pick the rules set you wish to use(I know there's three online, and all are posted to this board somewhere), and stick with them. I recommend mine, as it seems to feel the most like a CCG.

2. A tie in the battle causes neither player to move cards from the top of their decks or gain injury cards. There is a problem with this when two of the same UM Super Wrestler faces itself. I'm trying to think of the proper method of solving this.

3. This really is two questions. For part A), it is not addressed in the rules whether you can "double back." However, since it does say you move one or two spaces(insted of "up to two") it inferrs that it was not intended for you to stay on the same space. The only character that could do this is Samuu by using his ability. For B ), this is a translation problem. "Damage" is used inconsistantly. Most occurences of "damage" simply add to the Damage Rating of the wrestler-- NOT simply the "milling" of a card from one of the opponent's decks.

4. If it says "Void Any Damages by an Opponent's Technique Card" I would rule as being me that it was intended for cards such as Camel Clutch or Megaton Drop Kick. If those cards that add to a character's damage rating were played against Kevin Mask, the bonus to the damage rating would simply be ignored.

5.Correct. I think it adds to the flavor of wrestling, myself. The first few turns are spent circling the board.

6. The way I've been playing is each card is played separatly, and the effects of it resolved immediatly. The person whose turn it is(or the person who moved into the space, in case of a supprising DASH on the opponent's turn) plays the first card. The effect of the card is resolved(discard of cards, additions to Damage Rating, et cetera). Then the player whose turn it is NOT plays a card, it's resolved, and it goes back and forth until nobody wants to play another card. You can pass playing a card, then, if your opponent plays a card, you then can play a card when it is your turn again. When both players pass, the battle points are added up, compared, Injury cards are added to the winning Super Wrestler card, and the loser chooses what cards he puts in his discard pile.

7. All Effects last until the end of the turn. Steak Bowl Tune and Cage Match have been "errattad" by me to simply skip the Battle or the Change phase, respectivly. Just skip it. It isn't there. Cool?

8. Your opponent does get a turn, you know. If your opponent moves away, yes, you can chase him down... but eventually, the injury cards will be higher than your Damage Rating, causing it to be completly pointless. Your opponent does not have to attempt to beat you during the battle phase, and eventually the Injury cards from winning the battles will add up, unless your wrestler simply outclasses his.

9. Yes, Ramanman is good. However, the group I play with only lets Technique cards count, not all cards. Your Muscle League T-Shirt works well against Ramanman. So does some hot water and a spoon, though... MMmmmmm.... Raman Noodles...

10. You can have any amount of Standby Super Wrestler Cards, but for every one you have, it counts against the thirty card maximum for building your deck-- so you have less cards for your opponent to "mill," and may defeat you because of it.

11. According to the rulesheet, you separate out your wrestlers, then search your deck for three of them. Something on that sheet is rotton, and I believe it is the translation. You pick the Wrestlers you want to use for the game when you build your deck. You must have at least three, and they count against the thirty-card deck maximum. When you are on your Corner Deck at the Change Phase, you may put all the injury cards on your Active Super Wrestler card into the discard pile(face up), put that card on the bottom of the stack of Standby Super Wrestler cards, and put whatever Standby Super Wrestler was on the top of that stack into the Active Super Wrestler spot.
Another related thing:
If a card reffers to the "Active Super Wrestler," it seems to be looking for the card that began the game as the Active wrestler. Again, I belive translation issues are the problem here.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com