61 replies to this topic

#1 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:41 PM

Got the game today and just a few quick impressions (didn't get to play it though...cause the game requires a dualshock2 and all mine are at work).

it's called galactic wrestling...but on the title screen they scream Ultimate Muscle Generations...pretty much how the japanese title was called Kinnikuman Generations

the intro movie's music was changed from the kinnikuman theme song to some psuedo techno beats with some of the wrestlers calling out their move names.

but still just glad that this game got a domestic release...hopefully gonna start unlocking stuff tomorrow

anyone else get this game?

#2 SlickNichXenon

SlickNichXenon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

I already love the game. It is sooooooo awesome. I'm gonna be tearing all kinds of @$$ with the Machineguns. I'm asking everyone here to fill out the card in the back. Mabye with enough positive feedback they'll actually give us Kinniku Fans what we want. Oh who am I kidding the fact that this was even released was shocking enough.

#3 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:42 AM

So far, I've unlocked 45 of the 48 guys. Still working on the Mask Hunt (only 6 more to get) then that will give me Kenkaman and hopefully Ricardo. I need less than 100 Kinkeshi to get Goldman (not counting the sixth machine). The more I play, the more I like it. Devil Buffaloman is probably my favorite in the game.

#4 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

Lucky people! There's no release date of it for UK/Europe, and The GC game never even came out here! Still, when I'm off to Egypt, I might be lucky enough to find it (english or japanese) there and for cheap (around 2 English pounds/ 3 Dollors)!

#5 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:42 AM

I went by EB to get this game and they told me that it wouldn't be in until July 1st in the afternoon. But, the guy did give me a demo of the game. It is pretty cool. It is very similiar to the GC version. It seems to have the exact same phrases from the announcers in the GC version. It has the same special moves from the GC version. Basically, it felt like the GC version with a few extras added on and some of the gameplay smoothed out. I do like the graphics on this game a little more than the GC version.

#6 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:54 AM

is it easier to dodge a grapple in the game? or a regular punching/kicking attack?

#7 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:02 AM

Well, the computer player can dodge much easier than the Gamecube game. So, it's harder to hit grapples. Haven't paid much attention as far as dodging the computer as I usually go head-to-head the majority of the time....

#8 Kendaman

Kendaman

Kendaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

I love this game, but I'm Having Trouble unlocking some people/ Does anyone know how to unlock Starface, Ricardo and Big Budo? I also can't unlock Akumashogun and Kid Muscles alternate costume, though I think I've done everything right.
KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!!

#9 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:29 AM

I love this game, but I'm Having Trouble unlocking some people/ Does anyone know how to unlock Starface, Ricardo and Big Budo? I also can't unlock Akumashogun and Kid Muscles alternate costume, though I think I've done everything right.

Starface and Big Budo are extras that get automatically unlocked when you complete some of the list below. I didn't get Ricardo until the very end when I completed the Mask Hunt (he was lumped in with Kenkaman/Street Scrapper). I only have Gold man to unlock now. The rest are listed below. This was posted in the other thread on the game.

Ramenman - 50 Kinkeshi

Old Sunshine - 100 Kinkeshi

Kinnikuman Great ( Blackoutfit Terryman Moveset ) - Complete Tag Tournament Mode with Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Great ( Tan outfit Prince Kame Hame moveset )

Kenkaman - Complete Mask Hunt Mode

Neptune King - Complete Tag Tournament Mode with Neptuneman and Big The Budo

Akuma Shogun - Complete Tag Tournament mode with Ashuraman and Old Sunshine

Goldman - Complete Kinkeshi Mode

Devil Buffaloman - Win Tag Tournament with Kinnikuman and Mongolman

Lord Baracuda - Win Tournament mode with Robin Mask

Incio ( Vance McMadd ) - 10 wins in survival mode

Kinniku Mayumi - 300 Kinkeshi and 10 wins in survival mode ( if you already have 10 wins in survival mode just get 300 kinkeshi and he will be unlocked )

Kinniku Mantaro ( Blue and Red w/ Gold stripe ) - 200 Kinkeshi and Beat Tournament mode with Kevin Mask

Evil Ricardo - Beat Tournament mode with Kinniku Mantaro ( Blue and Green w/ Purple Stripe )

Lord Flash - Beat Tournament Mode with Kevin Mask ( not sure if there is a Kinkeshi Requirement b/c the game never told me I unlocked him )

Kinniku Suguru - Beat Team Mode with the following team in this order Ramenman/Geronimo/Robinmask/Neptuneman/Kinnikuman..Then win one round with a character then lose teh next with teh character, repeat this until you have completed the mode. So Win with Ramenman then lose.
Win with Geronimo then lose. Win with Robinmask then lose. Win with Neptuneman then lose. Win with Kinnikuman

Character profiles - Go to options, 3rd option from the bottom. Everytime you unlock a character you unlock another character profile.

Ending Credit - Everytime you unlock a character the endings credits change.

6th Machine in Kinkeshi Mode - Complete the first 5 machines and a 6th machine will appear. These are the last 3 kinkeshi for the collection."

#10 Kendaman

Kendaman

Kendaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:35 AM

I'll do the requirments for Akuma Shogun and Kids extra costume, but I just won't get them.
KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!!

#11 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

I think I had a problem with that at first too, now that I think about it. Try unlocking some of the other guys in the list and then come back and try them again. I think when you unlock some of the others, it may set an extra trigger that isn't listed. Make sure you are buying the Kinkeshi also.

#12 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:00 AM

I've heard a few negative reports about 1-player mode. Is there some sort of story mode? If not, can you fight through all the wrestlers in 1-player mode? I don't care all that much about a story as long as I can fight everyone in sequence, ala Street Fighter.

#13 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:49 AM

I've heard a few negative reports about 1-player mode. Is there some sort of story mode? If not, can you fight through all the wrestlers in 1-player mode? I don't care all that much about a story as long as I can fight everyone in sequence, ala Street Fighter.

You might say that about Mask Hunt, where Neptuneman and Big the Budo collect the masks of those who'll become their slaves or somethin' (what they were doing in the Tag Team tourny) But it's also part of survival mode! Either way, I don't have the game, yet I know this! :wub:

Another thing, you could go to gamespot or IGN to see previews or clips! I liked the jap. version of the intro better though!

#14 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:55 AM

No story mode and no fighting them in sequence in 1 player. But there is a single survival mode....

#15 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:08 AM

No story mode and no fighting them in sequence in 1 player. But there is a single survival mode....

What's the survival mode like? Does it sustain your interest?

Basically what I'm getting at is, if I bought this game, I would be primarily playing it in 1-player mode. If 1-player mode sucks nuts, I don't think the game would be worth my money. What do you guys think?

#16 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

What's the survival mode like? Does it sustain your interest?

Basically what I'm getting at is, if I bought this game, I would be primarily playing it in 1-player mode. If 1-player mode sucks nuts, I don't think the game would be worth my money. What do you guys think?

I'll be playing it quite a bit by myself, once I unlock all the guys, I'll probably be playing the tournament mode the most. The single player would not hold your interest. The survival mode might b/c you don't start with full power each time, your power wears down after each match. I can't say if it would be worth it for you or not. If you have the Gamecube game, it's better b/c of more characters and the survival mode but it kind of sucks not having the story mode the the GC game did....

#17 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

I've been playing awhile since yesterday afternoon, and I like the game, so far I've unlocked everyone except for the following...

Ricardo (Human)
Kenka Man
Goldman
Mayumi Kinnikuman

Overall it's a pretty fun multi-player game, but it could have used a story mode or some form of career mode, as well as a CAW mode, but this game is great if you have friends over...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#18 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

If I got the game, I'd be playing sometimes on my own; so will my brother(s); play with them; he(they) play it with their friends; so on!

#19 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

Well, I've unlocked all the characters but I still am missing one thing. Does anyone know how to access there alternate costumes e.g. Buffaloman with his shoulder pad and strap, tan Ashuraman rather than blue. These guys show up in the Survival mode, but I haven't seen anywhere how to make the playable characters change....

#20 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:40 PM

Well, I've unlocked all the characters but I still am missing one thing. Does anyone know how to access there alternate costumes e.g. Buffaloman with his shoulder pad and strap, tan Ashuraman rather than blue. These guys show up in the Survival mode, but I haven't seen anywhere how to make the playable characters change....

You tried pressing different buttons or hold on a button or somethin', I don't know! B)

#21 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

hey guys, i need some help here. How do i unlock Ricardo (human) and Goldman? B)

#22 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:04 PM

I got Ricardo along with Kenkaman when I beat the Mask Hunt. For Goldman, you have to get all the Kinkeshi....

#23 BzzzapOuch

BzzzapOuch

Oh, Gitaroo Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:27 AM

I got Ricardo along with Kenkaman when I beat the Mask Hunt. For Goldman, you have to get all the Kinkeshi....

Hey guys, long time no see...(stuck in FFXI land since 10/2003)

Missing Goldman, normal(?)Ricardo, and Kenkaman.

I've completed Kinkeshi mode btw so...maybe some other prerequisite on getting Goldman.
Posted Image

#24 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:48 AM

Hey guys, long time no see...(stuck in FFXI land since 10/2003)

Missing Goldman, normal(?)Ricardo, and Kenkaman.

I've completed Kinkeshi mode btw so...maybe some other prerequisite on getting Goldman.

Did you complete the 6th machine (only 3 figures needed from that one) that appears after you completed all of the inital 5? The only other thing I can think of is that you have to get all the characters before Goldman; I got Goldman at the very end....

#25 BzzzapOuch

BzzzapOuch

Oh, Gitaroo Man!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:07 AM

Great, if I have to beat mask hunt that will take forever. The AI is so stupid on that. The other guy uses specials all the time, will use "mask the end" without me initiating it, and before a character is close to ko....and he's even pinned the opponent when we were both at full ><
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com