Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Laser Beasts Battle Sled Figures (Complete in Box)

value laser beasts beastformers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've seen an insane range of prices on the boxed LB sled figures; typically listed as BiN far above what seems reasonable. I know for a fact that one member here likes to buy and relist them for $700-800 even though they generally end somewhere in the $400-500 range on eBay auction-style listings and less on YAJ.  The Dino Gator and Slag King I have were purchased within this range so that's the most I'm interested in paying, and Skybat is the only one I don't have now so it seemed like a good time to open up this discussion. There's one up on eBay now for $1500 OBO so, yeah...

For reference, we're talking about a complete figure in NM/M condition with the vehicle, cards, paperwork, and box. 

Input and experience from fellow collectors is very welcomed! :)

Edited by bachamn, 11 April 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

I´ll give it a shot than since the person your pointing at probably wont join in on this topic ;) 

It´s a commonly known fact that boxes fetch more than the loose figs, when we look at even the lower LB they fetch higher prices boxed than in loose condition so that´s one thing. On the other hand the amount of box collectors is pretty limited so the people who are actually willing to pay these amounts are out there in pretty low numbers because most people are just after the beasts imho. Personally I also don´t see a lot in the extra value of the boxes but its just a fact we´ve to deal with, the artwork is cool but not hundreds of $ cool imho. That said and with the fact that there are 6 complete middle LB figures in a box + 6 shields + 2 sleds were already talking big bucks breaking just the boxset down so even without the box material there´s already an amount of easy $1000+ in these items alone.

oooopps I believe its about the Buzzsaw like sets :) LOL 

Anyway its about the same thing here but of course the prices are a little different. I do agree with you that when we look at those boxes with the same view as I tried to explain the Shield Battler set were still quite a bit away from the $700 range imho. Think a loose Skybat with gun in mint condition can hit anywhere from $175 - $300 maybe less via the Japanese sources of course same goes for the chariots which normally are in the price range of $100 - $150 or so. Adding the box material for around $50 which is more than reasonable I think makes a total of $350 - $500. So yes that would seem more than a fair price BUT we all know it´s not always as easy as that because this doesn´t mean it will also show up for that amount.................... $1500 is obviously way of but its free to the seller to ask what he wants right, he might not sell it and have to relist it over and over again untill one day he find might a buyer for that price. You should know by now its all a matter of patience when it comes to these things because everything can be found for less but it just takes time. Some pieces seem to have ended up in the wrong hands making it impossible to purchase the items you need for a good price but that´s also a matter of time before either you´ll give in since the need for it becomes to high, which is probably what that person is waiting for, or you should try to stay one step ahead and try to figure out another way to get it most likely via the Japanese sources. Waiting for such pieces is frustrating but patience is the only solution here imho and than I´m sure you´ll be able to find one for $500 or less which is probably more easy than talking the $700 guy down since that´s not going to happen.

I´ll keep my eyes out for you if I ever come across a set of these, promissed! 

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: value, laser beasts, beastformers

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com